SCP-457 rework - Accepted

Rabbit

What you want to see? -

increase the damage on SCP 457 swep or limit who can use a fire extinguisher

Why should we add it? -

right now SCP 457 is way too easy to recontain.

right now a SCP 457 containment breach plays out like this

• .breakout
  • .walk down the hallway slightly damage people but never able to kill them
  • .get spayed with an extinguisher by a minge Dr. Bright after bring out for 7 secs
  • .go back to you containment cell
  • wonder why you paid for SCP 457 (Oh ya 457 is a donor class)

What are the advantages of having this? -

SCP 457 will actually be playable

Who is it mainly for? -

SCP 457

Links to any content -  

NA

I would also like to ask everyone when was the last time you saw anyone play as SCP 457?

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there

+Support

Yea, it's a bit sad to see a 457 get recontained literally in a few seconds. Maybe limit the use of the extinguisher to MTF and GENSEC? 

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

36 minutes ago, Rektify Deez Nutz said:

+Support

Yea, it's a bit sad to see a 457 get recontained literally in a few seconds. Maybe limit the use of the extinguisher to MTF and GENSEC? 

Nahhh give it to utility

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

18 minutes ago, Igneous said:

What do you guys think of requiring 2 or 3 people using fire extinguishers in order to recontain?

I’d say 3, since people usually work in groups of 2 to recontain 457 anyway

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

23 minutes ago, Igneous said:

What do you guys think of requiring 2 or 3 people using fire extinguishers in order to recontain?

I mean still that seems way too easy, cause RCF are right around the corner or MTF are almost always in LCZ for some reason or another, would still take no time to recontain him.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

5 minutes ago, Igneous said:

Any better ideas?

Is there a way to make the Fire Extinguisher do damage? If possible, we could have 457 be sprayed until he dies (snuff the flame) or til he gets to a certain health minimum?

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

3 hours ago, Gunther said:

Is there a way to make the Fire Extinguisher do damage? If possible, we could have 457 be sprayed until he dies (snuff the flame) or til he gets to a certain health minimum?

If the extinguisher did damage then it would be eaisly abused by minges

Susel - Retired MTF person - "Teamwork makes the dream work"

4 hours ago, Igneous said:

4 hours ago, BadAim said:

Make the swep do a lot more damage

I think then these will probably be the best ideas for it.

200.gif

+Support but the only good buff imo would be making the swep do more damage (Which isn’t possible, but more speed would help) and the only people who can purchase fire extinguishers can be  MTF, or just make the fire extinguisher do damage but you are only allowed to use it on 527, and say once 527 gets to like 5000 HP he can be recontained.

|Ex-Omi9 MAJ ||E-11 CPT|| Ex-SCPRP Senior Mod|

The 457 conundrum is a difficult one to address, as he can be absolutely defeated in seconds in the hallways just by the fact that people tend to buy extinguishers 'for fun', which means that any random personnel can have one on hand by chance. There's also the fact that some research classes even spawn with them now.

I think increasing the number of people required to be 'spraying' 457 at once could be a good way to balance this, as it would actually prompt a response from personnel to need to go obtain further fire extinguishers past whatever might have been available / on hand at that moment by random passersby. 

I'd even venture to say it should be 3-4 people spraying him instead of 2-3 people. 457 breaking out should be a big deal that requires a considerable response from staff in LCZ-- and the higher number of extinguishers is likely warranted due to the potential temperatures 457 can reach, given he is able to burn through containment doors. (I'm assuming he's not as easy to put out as a campfire, thus 1 or 2 extinguishers alone should definitely not be able to do the trick.)

Definitely +Support the idea of making 457 harder to recontain in general though

Edited by CanOBeanz

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

wait, if the fire extinguisher is used for fear-rp, then shouldn't you already need 2 extinguishers
the rp explanation could be "this man is just too hot for 1 extinguisher"

It would also if there were a way to make the swep more effective, as it's TTK just makes it a boring scp
a solution could be an activation addition to the swep that deals a good amount of damage (like 50-70) and it has a cool-down alike to 682's speed boost. A cool-down of about 10-15 seconds would be appropriate with a pretty good radius. The swep's explanation could be like "scp-457 sends out a wave of extreme heat" . 
                                                                               This would improve his ability to deal damage while still not being an ungodly pain to rc

• Like 1

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

On 12/18/2019 at 7:30 AM, Official Orange said:

Maybe 1 researcher and 2 armed personnel with a fire extinguisher?

maybe make it so it takes only MTF can extinguish 457

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there

Firstly, I'd suggest removing the self-damage the swep does. It's simply annoying.

Regarding the overall rework, I've got an idea, though I feel this will require a major change, bigger then what's implied, as well as a lot more coding.

On a previous community I frequented, 457 was done differently. When 457 would spawn in, it would be a relatively small flame, about half the height of a typical player model.

The way 457 increased its lethality was 'feeding' off of props and whatnot, igniting them as he went along. This would increase the size of the flames and with it the range and lethality. I suggest something similar. Have 457 grow in size and range the more props the player uses as fuel. Have fire extinguishers counter this effect and reduce 457's size until it's back to the base 'small' size and use FearRP from there, with the neccessity of 3 fire extinguishers.

2 hours ago, Igneous said:

How about we make it so only mtf can buy extinguishers and make it so that it requires 3 people consistently extinguishing for 15 seconds

Kinda curious, what if we treat 457 as like 682? His SWEP cause him to lose health, and is required to be lit when outside containment, so maybe 457 has to be under a certain amount of health before being able to be extinguished?

200.gif

3 hours ago, Igneous said:

How about we make it so only mtf can buy extinguishers and make it so that it requires 3 people consistently extinguishing for 15 seconds

Don't forget RCF. We have to contain SCPs as well.

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

Kinda curious, what if we treat 457 as like 682? His SWEP cause him to lose health, and is required to be lit when outside containment, so maybe 457 has to be under a certain amount of health before being able to be extinguished?

That's an interesting idea. Which do we prefer

• Like 1

big cat running GIF