Icarus’ Gamemaster Application

Icarus

In-game name: Icarus

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:97851267

Current RP rank on StarWarsRP: Apprentice III

Have you donated to the server?: Yes I have, I have donated to Imperial RP specifically only for the base Apprentice rank. Other than that I have donated for the Global scythe, as well as various other things on SCP-RP.

Have you been banned on any GL server before?: No I haven’t.

Have you received any warnings (please give reasons if applicable)?: I have not been warned on ImperialRP. I was warned on SCP:RP once around the time I first joined, other than that I have a clean slate.

How much time do you have on the server?: I do not have an exact count of time, nor do I know how to acquire an exact time. I’d predict that I’ve been playing for a good week - week and a half on the server.

How well do you know the LORE? Explain: I know the lore of this time period, as well as just about every other time period in the official StarWars canon very well. I also have some knowledge of the extended universe/legends, though I like to keep it to official canon lore. 

Why do you WANT to become a Gamemaster?: I want to become a Gamemaster to bring my unique perspective to the server, and being able to make creative and fun events by doing so. I have a good amount of experience being a Gamemaster and I feel I can truthfully make the server a more fun place by doing events. I want to bring thorough, fully thought out events to the server. I frequently see Gamemaster, not only on Gaminglight, but on every server, doing rushed events they thought of a few minutes prior. I would like to have these well planned events that I have experience creating, brought to this server so that we can truthfully have the best RP experience that one can have on the server.

Why should you be trusted to be a Game Master?: I’m going to keep it short and to the point, but because I feel like I have proven myself to be a respectable, hard working individual within the Gaminglight community, as well as the GMod community. I have never done anything to harm a server, or it’s infrastructure and will continue to keep it that way. I am a perfectionist at heart and won’t stop working until I, as well as others believe the work done it absolutely perfect. I believe truthfully, that trusting me in becoming a Gamemaster on ImperialRP will benefit this server,

Are you familiar/experienced with ULX?: Yes, I am familiar and experienced with ULX. I have worked with ULX many times before on different servers. Though I haven’t used it in a while it’s basically like riding a bike. It’s pretty easy to get back into the swing of things. 

Are you experienced with being a Game Master and how they function?: Yes I am. I have been a Gamemaster on multiple servers before, as well as advising Gamemasters on other servers and giving them event Ideas. Most notably I used to run a Gamemaster team as the Lead Gamemaster on a different server. I was able to get events running constantly, every day, while still keeping downtime for tryouts and such to go on without them being left out of events. 

Give a brief example of an on-ship event, as well as an example of an off-ship event:  For an on ship event you can go with the basic, shoot em up rebels invade the ship event, however that’s very generic. Adding RP and the ability for every branch to get involved as something I stick with strongly. For the on ship event I would go with something along the lines of a sabotage/assassination event. The reactor core would be sabotaged by rebel Special forces. This creates an opportunity for 31st to have some RP, and creates a distraction for the assassination of a higher up official. The assassination would get botched and the official would be living, though would be badly wounded and needed to be taken to medical bay and have surgery performed. The rest of the troopers would obviously be looking for the intruders to take them down.

For an off ship event It could be something where sightings of a rebel command outpost has been reported within a town. There would be actors spread apart as citizens and it would require the troopers to question them to gain the information of the exact location. Then they would have to clear out the rebel sector and recover any valuable information within it.

Do you know how to give a weapon/SWEP to yourself/someone? (Give an example): Yes I do, I would personally use the toolgun to spawn in weapons for people as I can use that to give them the weapon, as well as ammo for the weapon at a much faster rate than using any command. 

Do you know how to model yourself/someone? (Give an example): Yes, I would use the ULX command !model (name) (model path) to model someone.

Have you read the Gamemaster Guidelines?: Yes, I have read and understand the guidelines.

Edited by Icarus

Retired A1 VCMDR//A1 SF Lead Icarus

• Manager

Pending
You have not presented both an on and off ship event idea - Instead of denying you I have given you a chance to complete this. In addition, your Steam ID is STEAM_0:0:97851267. I look forward to seeing the updated edit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beckett said:

Pending
You have not presented both an on and off ship event idea - Instead of denying you I have given you a chance to complete this. In addition, your Steam ID is STEAM_0:0:97851267. I look forward to seeing the updated edit.

My apologies, I was jumping around on the app on the sections so much that I completely overlooked the sections. I fixed my mistakes. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to fix them.

Retired A1 VCMDR//A1 SF Lead Icarus