Spike Strips Suggestion - Denied

Zeroe

What you want to see? - I want to see a rule being implemented on how spike strips should only be used in chases.

Why should we add it? - It seems very unrealistic if you get pulled over and the cop decides to place spike strips under your car.

What are the advantages of having this? - Makes the role play seem more realistic, spike strips shouldn't be needed in a traffic stop.

Who is it mainly for? - The player getting pulled over.

Links to any content - N/A

-support

spike strips can only be used for certain ranks or departments and this is because people constantly run for no reason and those ranks or departments dont have time for 10-80s constantly, if people actually followed the rule for evading they wouldn't have to do it.

Many of you do not know me, some of y'all do-ICON

SCU DEPUTY COMMANDER,PD CPT,EMS,DELTA SQUAD,TROOPER,FBI

7 hours ago, Burboon boi said:

-support

spike strips can only be used for certain ranks or departments and this is because people constantly run for no reason and those ranks or departments dont have time for 10-80s constantly, if people actually followed the rule for evading they wouldn't have to do it.

Retired PD Major | Long Time GL Member

Just think about it, it’s very un-rp like. There’s always this notification in game that pops up saying “bla-bla-bla, if you don’t do it irl don’t do it in game”. It is against the law for any departments to use spike strips in a traffic stop. If you’re a cop and you’re pulling someone over, you always keep in mind that there’s a possibility of this guy trying to drive off. Maybe because he has illegal fire arms on him or illegal drugs on him. I’m just trying to make a suggestion that can relate to everyday life irl.

• Head Admin
8 hours ago, Burboon boi said:

-support

-support reason above

🤪You know who I am,

unless you don't.🤪

1 hour ago, iReplacinq said:

Just think about it, it’s very un-rp like. There’s always this notification in game that pops up saying “bla-bla-bla, if you don’t do it irl don’t do it in game”. It is against the law for any departments to use spike strips in a traffic stop. If you’re a cop and you’re pulling someone over, you always keep in mind that there’s a possibility of this guy trying to drive off. Maybe because he has illegal fire arms on him or illegal drugs on him. I’m just trying to make a suggestion that can relate to everyday life irl.

-support 

Semi serious  role play server 

Hard to  keep   track of 

In real life I am pretty sure  cops use multiple  spikes to get the job done 

The role play issues are  mostly  come in   with the Trigger happy custom classes who just wanting to  dominate  the pd    for some dumb reason , not starting pd  doesnt have any role play issues also ,  is both sides  but mostly criminals 

Under the calr spikestrip  method this is only used for high risked   family's/ high risk suspects 

Edited by Hannah King

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

1 minute ago, Hannah King said:

-support 

Hard to  keep   track of 

The role play issues are  mostly  come in   with the Trigger happy custom classes who just wanting to  dominate  the pd    for some dumb reason , not starting pd  doesnt have any role play issues also ,  is both sides  but mostly criminals 

You get spike strips at SM in PD and i’ve never seen any PD use them. Really just have been ARU and SRT.

6 minutes ago, iReplacinq said:

You get spike strips at SM in PD and i’ve never seen any PD use them. Really just have been ARU and SRT.

It's a protocol    for high risk  family's  I remember one of my commanders in state told me that one time  

2 hours ago, Hannah King said:

-support 

Hard to  keep   track of 

Under the calr spikestrip  method this is only used for high risked   family's/ high risk suspects 

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

1 hour ago, Rocco_Rex said:

-support

Once we get a handle on people running from a 100 fine, then we can talk

this as well

14 hours ago, Burboon boi said:

-support

If its a felony traffic stop it makes perfect sense or if it may be a dangerous traffic stop

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

14 hours ago, Burboon boi said:

-support

Former FBI COS | PD LT | DS PFC | Former HRT Overseer | Gaminglight PRP Admin

On 12/10/2019 at 2:24 PM, Masterson said:

Alright, 

-Support 

Semi Serious

Also this why there only given to trusted ranks,

And im not saying YOU but if people didn't always run from a red light violation mabye they wouldn't have too.

Currently a member of the Support Team, SRT, Dispatcher, EMS, and PD SM.

Former Senior moderator, SWAT, Event Team, Secret Service, DD, and State Police.

On 12/10/2019 at 6:34 AM, Burboon boi said:

-support

I understand this will probably get lost but +support.

Just start handing out more warns for breach of priority rules. People do it ALL THE TIME. If PD meetings could just include a quick "remember to call staff if someone breaks priority rules." This wouldn't be a problem. People would stop breaking the rule real quick. Staff is super lenient right now of priority rules because it is easily the most overlooked section of the MOTD. 

Stop. Spike. Stripping. My. Car. Hand. Me. A. Warn. If. I. Break. A. Rule.

SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS/FR Reserves | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | Ex-PoliceRP Staff | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @EmptiedSkies ❤️

11 hours ago, ViperKimg said:

Just start handing out more warns for breach of priority rules. People do it ALL THE TIME. If PD meetings could just include a quick "remember to call staff if someone breaks priority rules." This wouldn't be a problem. People would stop breaking the rule real quick. Staff is super lenient right now of priority rules because it is easily the most overlooked section of the MOTD. 

It is overlooked because it is difficult to prove without video

Retired as IRP assistant head game master, IRP SNR admin, PRP admin, IC Commander, SRT 2LT, EMS Head Deputy, FR DEFR

22 hours ago, ViperKimg said:

"I feel i should say something profound, like one small step for man; All that i think of to say, is i feel like i have waited for this day for centuries"-Harrison Wells
"You where good son, real good; Maybe even the best."-TF2  | Military RP Spetznaz1st LT United States Sergeant

On 12/10/2019 at 3:56 PM, iReplacinq said:

If ARU or SRT have pulled you over, then you are likely a dangerous subject. These spoke strips also prevent people from breaking basic rules (very easy to tell who does it after playing for a while).

-Support

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

7 hours ago, Unkn0wn_F1R3 said:

If ARU or SRT have pulled you over, then you are likely a dangerous subject. These spoke strips also prevent people from breaking basic rules (very easy to tell who does it after playing for a while).

-Support

Lmao if you know me, I like to pull over unless it's an snr that bumps into my car saying I was reckless driving when I wasn't.

On 12/10/2019 at 1:34 AM, Burboon boi said:

-support

Imperial RP GM Admin

31st Commander

On 12/10/2019 at 1:34 AM, Burboon boi said:

-support

spacer.png