Rocco Rex's False Warn

Mr Yobo

Your In-game: Don't Kermit Crimes

Your SteamID: STEAM_1:0:96930298

The admin's name in-game: Rocco Rex

The admin's steam name (If you know it): [GL] Roco Rex

What warning did you receive: Cop Bait

Evidence of the warn (REQUIRED):  unknown.png

Why do you think this warn was false: I believe that a warn was not needed in this situation and I believe a verbal would of been sufficient enough.

I adverted carjack and carjacked a car during a traffic stop, the cop was either looking at the car or looking away for a split second, I don't know I wasn't recording. 

I immediately get dragged into a sit by Rocco Rex. I begin to explain the situation of how I feel it wasn't cop bait and that it is a pretty Grey area regarding the whole cop-bait situation. He then asks another staff member about this situation and to which they say "Yes I guess", I then ask for a higher-up which was MiKey. MiKey believes that it is a Grey area and believed a verbal would suffuse as it is a Grey area which not even majority of the higher up staff believe is a Grey area. Rocco then says "Its pretty black and white for me" and then warns me. My comment to that is. If this whole situation was 100 percent black and white and you knew it was 100 percent cop-bait from the start. Why didn't you straight away warn me and not ask other staff members for their opinion because this leads me to believe that it wasn't 100 percent black and white and that you took a leap even when higher ranking staff members who know the rules 100 percent well believe this whole situation is a Grey area. I even asked other staff members in team-speak and this is also a grey area towards them and they believe a verbal would suffuse. You questioned the possible "rule-break" at the start when you asked other staff members for their comment you were unsure about this and instead of giving a verbal you change your statement in under 20 seconds that you instantly know it 100 percent Black and white and warn me stating to appeal it if it is a 'Grey area'.. 

Any extra information: I know the rules very well after being staff 3+ times and over my career this situation has come up once or twice and never resulting in warns it was always a grey area for myself and others. 

• Gaminglight Love 1

Untitled-2.png.340348ae20671cd9033dba833d191c9e.png

I asked another staff member because of our little dust up yesterday. I wanted his opinion both to make sure I was being fair and to make sure there were no accusations of it being motivated by anything else. I can drag up a denied warn appeal to help show doing illegal activities in front of cops if you wish

Cop was doing a traffic stop and was looking at the car and speaking to the driver. Yobo/Kermit hops in the car and speeds off. While the cop is speaking with the guy in the passenger seat

• Gaminglight Love 2

Retired as IRP assistant head game master, IRP SNR admin, PRP admin, IC Commander, SRT 2LT, EMS Head Deputy, FR DEFR

-Support

The thing is, while I value Mikey's opinion highly and dont think he would be bias, we cant exactly use that as a argue point in this. Mikey is the head of the family that you have been in a great while, and I believe you two to be friends.

I was fortunate enough to witness this. A guy was in a traffic stop being pulled over, the owner of the vehicle was in the passenger seat of the car and the officer was at the drivers door. Yobo then adverted got in the car and drove away. I would have made this warn and I believe that most any other staff member that looked at the situation from a impartial standpoint would have made the same decision. You doing this is unrealistic, and obviously trying to a bait officers reaction. I also dont see any RP at all in this scenario. 

Edited by JackOG

• Head Admin

-Support

I want you to read over what you wrote in your post:

13 hours ago, Yobo said:

I adverted carjack and carjacked a car during a traffic stop, the cop was either looking at the car or looking away for a split second, I don't know I wasn't recording.

Carjacking a car during a traffic stop is the most cop bait thing I've ever heard and I apologize for my choice of words, but rather stupid, even if the officer was looking away.

ALs6j_EhXkr61kQS1B7NLXq2Y5mRM1v5siUmOqed

41 minutes ago, Will (WTLM2013) said:

-Support

Carjacking a car during a traffic stop is the most cop bait thing I've ever heard and I apologize for my choice of words, but rather stupid, even if the officer was looking away.

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

5 hours ago, Will (WTLM2013) said:

-Support

Agreed. Also its STAFFS DISCRETION aka. They decide if they give you verbal or no so fat 

-support 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

10 hours ago, Will (WTLM2013) said:

-Support

15 hours ago, Will (WTLM2013) said:

-Support

That bald Aussie Guy

On 12/6/2019 at 4:31 AM, Will (WTLM2013) said:

-Support

im more of a +/- because it was a grey area 

There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.

On 12/6/2019 at 6:31 AM, Will (WTLM2013) said:

-Support

Currently a member of the Support Team, SRT, Dispatcher, EMS, and PD SM.

Former Senior moderator, SWAT, Event Team, Secret Service, DD, and State Police.

On 12/6/2019 at 4:31 AM, Will (WTLM2013) said:

-Support

On 12/6/2019 at 10:56 AM, Rocco_Rex said:

Advert doesnt make a wrong right. Adverting murder and killing someone a cop is talking to is cop bait too

This is kinda wrong  if the person is with a sniper    from a far distance    it isnt cop bait its roleplay but if   the person is by the cop than yea its fail  rp  because  it must not be done in front of people even though staff and players do it in front of people all the time 

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

4 hours ago, Hannah King said:

This is kinda wrong  if the person is with a sniper    from a far distance    it isnt cop bait its roleplay but if   the person is by the cop than yea its fail  rp  because  it must not be done in front of people even though staff and players do it in front of people all the time 

Exactly why I pointed it out as a grey area.

-support 

Would you walk up to a traffic stop and just shoot the guy? No. Use your noggin. And stop breaking rules you know are a 'grey area' every time you get warned for a 'gret area' rule you immediately try to appeal it..

'you may see my struggle, but you won't see me quit'

'Success depends on the second letter'

• Head Admin
10 hours ago, Hannah King said:

5 hours ago, Yobo said:

Exactly why I pointed it out as a grey area.

While yes the topic of cop bait is a somewhat grey area and varies on a case by case basis, the subject at hand notes a clear example of it and I'm surprised that you failed to see it seeing you are a former staff member.

ALs6j_EhXkr61kQS1B7NLXq2Y5mRM1v5siUmOqed

2 hours ago, Sion said:

-support 

Would you walk up to a traffic stop and just shoot the guy? No. Use your noggin. And stop breaking rules you know are a 'grey area' every time you get warned for a 'gret area' rule you immediately try to appeal it..

Sion this is the first warn I've appealed in ages.... so dont spread false news please

3 hours ago, Sion said:

-support 

Who is you mate?, making up some false news. Get out of here mate

"Crack open a cold one mate, no worries mate, come to the outback mate, gonna go to maccas and get some brekky mate"

4 hours ago, Munchies said:

Who is you mate?, making up some false news. Get out of here mate

How about we not be rude to people leaving their opinion and + or - here

Retired as IRP assistant head game master, IRP SNR admin, PRP admin, IC Commander, SRT 2LT, EMS Head Deputy, FR DEFR

On 12/5/2019 at 3:31 PM, Rocco_Rex said:

I asked another staff member because of our little dust up yesterday. I wanted his opinion both to make sure I was being fair and to make sure there were no accusations of it being motivated by anything else. I can drag up a denied warn appeal to help show doing illegal activities in front of cops if you wish

Cop was doing a traffic stop and was looking at the car and speaking to the driver. Yobo/Kermit hops in the car and speeds off. While the cop is speaking with the guy in the passenger seat

Without evidence to back you up yobo as much as I'd like to say - I'd have to go with - Support  seems like cop bait to me.

Edited by ReaperLite

1 hour ago, ReaperLite said:

Without evidence to back you up yobo as much as I'd like to say - I'd have to go with +Support  seems like cop bait to me.

Do you mean -?

• Gaminglight Love 1