Remove D-Class Dispensary - Denied

thedevilcries

What you want to see? - Remove the D-Class Dispensary MTF use to keep SCPS contained/recontain 106

Why should we add it? - D-Class Personnel who get brought into it often get stuck there for hours on end with no chance to be used for testing or escape to receive bonus xp or anything else to do, it promotes and unfair, unfun style of play where they are putting D-Class in tiny cell and is a bad first impression for new players to SCP 

What are the advantages of having this? - Lets D-class actually do something while other then wait in a cell with nothing to do until they die and then moved back into the cell

Who is it mainly for? - D- Class

Links to any content - N/A

+ Support

This is basically FailRP and makes no sense to a roleplay scenario and is basically just a way to get around the new self breach rule. 

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

+ Support 

- It  does seem to be a bit of an unfair way to counterplay the self breach mechanics in the way it is currently implemented

- If d class are actually getting stuck in there for long periods of time, that's not very fun for them

- Support

- It sorta makes sense that there would be a separate, smaller 'holding area' for D class that are about to be used for HCZ SCP pacification or testing, somewhere closer to the HCZ SCPs than main D-block. Maybe instead of removing it, we could find a more RP-friendly way to use this concept? (Maybe post some gensec/mtf in here or something?)

- SCPs seem to require a LOT of d class right now to manage breach timers and prevent them from breaking out. This seems to be a method that was created out of necessity, rather than metagaming, to keep some of these breach timers manageable in between the numerous CI raids and SCP recontainment needs happening within HCZ constantly during self-breach hours. 

My 2 Cents:

We might need to add more ways to reset the breach timers than just "feed tons of d class to all of the SCPs" in order to lower the perceived need for this extra d class holding area that was put in. Maybe this could be balanced by adding additional ways for Technicians/Janitors/Researchers to reset breach timers with RP rolls in some circumstances?

Edited by CanOBeanz

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

I'd say just add a checkers/chess board inside the cell. At least that way they won't be completely bored.

From an RP standpoint, it makes sense like what Beanz said about the holding cell. Also D-Class are prisoners, expendable and the Foundation could care less if they were bored. 

From a game perspective, that's boring as hell and would drive people to go mad.

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

2 hours ago, Hoovy said:

-Support

Just give them chess or something

That's what I normally do. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

On 12/5/2019 at 4:11 PM, CanOBeanz said:

+ Support 

- It  does seem to be a bit of an unfair way to counterplay the self breach mechanics in the way it is currently implemented

- If d class are actually getting stuck in there for long periods of time, that's not very fun for them

- Support

- It sorta makes sense that there would be a separate, smaller 'holding area' for D class that are about to be used for HCZ SCP pacification or testing, somewhere closer to the HCZ SCPs than main D-block. Maybe instead of removing it, we could find a more RP-friendly way to use this concept? (Maybe post some gensec/mtf in here or something?)

- SCPs seem to require a LOT of d class right now to manage breach timers and prevent them from breaking out. This seems to be a method that was created out of necessity, rather than metagaming, to keep some of these breach timers manageable in between the numerous CI raids and SCP recontainment needs happening within HCZ constantly during self-breach hours. 

My 2 Cents:

We might need to add more ways to reset the breach timers than just "feed tons of d class to all of the SCPs" in order to lower the perceived need for this extra d class holding area that was put in. Maybe this could be balanced by adding additional ways for Technicians/Janitors/Researchers to reset breach timers with RP rolls in some circumstances?

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

+ support the problemio with the dispensary is if you want to get tested and get xp your not gonna know 1 or the other untill its too late. if your cuffed you cant change job or anything either you have to 1. reconnect or 2. beg the mtf to uncuff you so you can switch off. and chances are they arent going to

RETINA BURN BOI

+ Support 

- Support

My 2 Cents:

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

+ Support 

- Support

My 2 Cents:

~Chaos Insurgency Major/Senior Moderator Corner

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

+/- better solution below. 

The purpose of the dispensary when I made it was to have a place to keep d class's safe whilst in hcz instead of keeping them restrained and blindfolded with an mtf somewhere in hcz. But I do feel like this does kinda ruin gameplay for d class and make it boring so I feel like a solution to this will be giving d class XP just like for testing if they are taken and also not making the dispensary until there are 75+ people. 

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

I think it should be reportable to leave someone in a depensery or some other empty room. That way D Class won't be stuck into a room for hours just because MTF doesn't want to go the extra mile.

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

+Support, the dispensary is honestly stupid. I understand its practical use just fine, but what these guys are literaly doing is locking players in a room (Most often 049's old CC) and having them handcuffed there. There is literaly no way to escape from the room, and you cannot swap jobs because of the Handcuffs. This is a terrible way to treat players and ive seen people simply  leave the server and log back on to escape it (Which i am aware, breaks the rules, but its the only way to get to do something entertaining) if you want (Specificaly new) players to leave the server, this is a great way to go about it.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

+ support 

On 12/5/2019 at 9:38 PM, Hoovy said:

-Support

Just give them chess or something

does the sentence “Let them eat cake” ring a bell?

last time I checked this was an RP game 

D-class bring locked in the Dispensary have no way to RP and presents a bad first impression to new players

On 12/7/2019 at 11:54 PM, Dr Dark But Not Very Dark said:

D-class Dispensary is not official, Even if somehow it got removed, d-class will be taken into some empty room like micro room till Self-breaching attempts happen

if the dispensary is removed then the staff will punish the player who tries to make an unofficial Dispensary

On 12/5/2019 at 3:11 PM, CanOBeanz said:

My 2 Cents:

I agree that something needs to change but the Dispensary with no way to RP is just going to hurting the server

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there