Dr. Bright's Change - Denied

The Light

On 12/1/2019 at 9:57 AM, BadAim said:

Gonna - Support since this is what its looking like people are wanting. Dr. bright is meant to be a job to introduce people to the idea of joining research, and changing it to a maynard like deal would complete take away from this purpose, and make no sense, since you would just have mingey research command playing on the job instead of random players who may be inspired to join research because of their time on the job.

I have to disagree on that. Dr. Bright in lore isn't supposed to act this way (the original author didn't like how Dr. Bright was betrayed as nowadays) and that the best introduction to Research is one that actually involves roleplay. Mingy Dr. Brights are less fun than smart, trusted mad scientist Dr. Bright that is known for having immortality, and a application for donators will allow Dr. Bright to be played correctly as it forces them to realize that this is suppose to be more representative of how Dr. Bright is supposed to be, not the minge fest that he is. Plus, like Security Heavy, there is no issue when it comes to owning this class as long as you follow rules. It doesn't have to be ristricted to research only.

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

1 minute ago, Alex B (Tavdogg11) said:

I have to disagree on that. Dr. Bright in lore isn't supposed to act this way (the original author didn't like how Dr. Bright was betrayed as nowadays) and that the best introduction to Research is one that actually involves roleplay. Mingy Dr. Brights are less fun than smart, trusted mad scientist Dr. Bright that is known for having immortality, and a application for donators will allow Dr. Bright to be played correctly as it forces them to realize that this is suppose to be more representative of how Dr. Bright is supposed to be, not the minge fest that he is. Plus, like Security Heavy, there is no issue when it comes to owning this class as long as you follow rules. It doesn't have to be ristricted to research only.

I agree with this version. +support

• Gaminglight Love 1

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

Something to add, all donator jobs have minges that get on them, from the CI side we have people who will just solo raid while we are on, break raid timer, and prop minge, this is something that can be reduced if handled right. If this does get accepted into a whitelisted job what is to be expected with all the other donator jobs in another branch, they too would want it to be whitelistable applications. 

Even after reading these replies, i stand as a -support, unless he gets a level 3/4 keycard. Wanna make it lore friendly? give him a normal keycard, and if it’s gonna be reserved for researchers, make it a low rank and make it so bright posts tests on the forums. If it’s higher than a jr researcher then dr bright is going to become something nobody but research cares about, and i don’t wanna see that for a fun class.

|Ex-Omi9 MAJ ||E-11 CPT|| Ex-SCPRP Senior Mod|

10 minutes ago, Samm said:

Even after reading these replies, i stand as a -support, unless he gets a level 3/4 keycard. Wanna make it lore friendly? give him a normal keycard, and if it’s gonna be reserved for researchers, make it a low rank and make it so bright posts tests on the forums. If it’s higher than a jr researcher then dr bright is going to become something nobody but research cares about, and i don’t wanna see that for a fun class.

you already -supported this post

gog

On 12/3/2019 at 2:45 PM, Official Orange said:

How would this work? It becomes a non donator job that you gain the whitelist through research, or it still is a donator job that you would have to apply for? Because that would be a big hassle for staff and the player trying to get bright, which seems a little unnecessary. Why not just start removing the whitelist of the ones creating the issue?

-Support

I think a simple solution to this would be making every person who wants to play on bright have to be trained like a Jr but not actually count as a life. 

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

2 hours ago, Jakub said:

I think a simple solution to this would be making every person who wants to play on bright have to be trained like a Jr but not actually count as a life. 

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Changing my -Support to a +Support with the conditions that this is how it is implemented 

3 hours ago, Jakub said:

This would still cause every branch to want their donator jobs to not be accessible to anyone not in their branch.

25 minutes ago, Official Orange said:

This would still cause every branch to want their donator jobs to not be accessible to anyone not in their branch.

This isnt a bad thing, plenty of SWRP servers do the same and it works out perfectly fine for them

12 hours ago, Jakub said:

Junior Researchers with Level 3 Keycards na........ + its very very easy to get trained for JR

Edited by The Light

Former  

70672632_Untitled(15).png.7d232f74c3ac9624b835990cffc361e8.png

"Foundation Doctor and a Medical Doctor are 2 god damn different things." -Light   "Can you heal me."-Entire Foundation   "Ok Sophia"-Arium

IMO bottom line this takes away a gold class, leaving 2 scps and a mtf for gold... gold is 50$, if you want this to happen then i believe a new donator class for gold should be added.

|Ex-Omi9 MAJ ||E-11 CPT|| Ex-SCPRP Senior Mod|

just to clarify what i said, i feel that dr bright should remain accesible to any gold+ member and those who wish to play on it must get trained if theres a fto on but if there's not fto on they should still have the right to play untrained until an fto flags up, also i think that his description should mention that he needs to abide by research sop and say what lvl researcher he is. also having dr bright as a jr researcher is not lore friendly and i feel as though it should either be specified in the donation description that his abilities and access is limited.

2 hours ago, Samm said:

IMO bottom line this takes away a gold class, leaving 2 scps and a mtf for gold... gold is 50$, if you want this to happen then i believe a new donator class for gold should be added.

i also agree with this ^

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

+Support alot my time in nu7 i seen alot of ppl being bright just to minge like buying shotguns taking class d's and trying to get out with them or even teaming ci  and making their sop

Current: ------
Former: Nu7 1lt/WO SFTOx2 ECRS Hammer and Sickle Unit   l Gensec SGT l E11 CPL/Ranger l Alpha-1 MSGT l  
kawaii cute anime GIF

+/- Support from me, Yes, Bright is mingey, but it is a Donator Class, and all donator classes have minges on them some times (Think Nu7 Juggs/RC Spec's, or SEC HVY's). Also, once again, its a donator class. People paid money for this class the way it is, changing that is not a good move IMO. What i can stand behind however, is making the rules regarding Bright clearer. as of current i hear a lot of people telling brights that they have to follow Research SOP, the issue with this is that most brights do not HAVE the  research  SOP because they are not  a member of the research branch, and it nowhere in the job description or rules say that Bright has to follow  Research SOP.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

+/- Support

While we have minges in that job, Bright is known for many things in the Foundation lore. Examples being his chainsaw cannon, but he also has a tone of seriousness to him depending on if you want to follow the Personnel Dossier or not.

But making it a separate life and making people apply for it when they donate and hopefully get the class? No. Just make them read the SOP.

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Class - ImperialRP

3 hours ago, Dr. Ternith Plague said:

+/- Support

While we have minges in that job, Bright is known for many things in the Foundation lore. Examples being his chainsaw cannon, but he also has a tone of seriousness to him depending on if you want to follow the Personnel Dossier or not.

But making it a separate life and making people apply for it when they donate and hopefully get the class? No. Just make them read the SOP.

we already do whenever we can, still rampant with minges and it literally does nothing

gog

2 minutes ago, Breen said:

we already do whenever we can, still rampant with minges and it literally does nothing

I have an idea.

You get people in Research with Gold+ and encourage them to get on Bright. I know it seems like a bad move, but then again, Bright is the equivalent of your rank in Research, and Bright can be commanded by Researcher+ if he isn't in Research.

Also, if you find a person minging, please let us know on the forums. Helps us out a lot.

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Class - ImperialRP

3 minutes ago, Dr. Ternith Plague said:

I have an idea.

You get people in Research with Gold+ and encourage them to get on Bright. I know it seems like a bad move, but then again, Bright is the equivalent of your rank in Research, and Bright can be commanded by Researcher+ if he isn't in Research.

Also, if you find a person minging, please let us know on the forums. Helps us out a lot.

so basically just the suggestion with extra steps

gog

9 hours ago, Samm said:

It wouldn't really take away the gold class all it would really do is be like a rank requirement to be able to use the class so people have a good idea on how to use the class and not minge on it.
It goes Junior Research > Associate Researcher > Researcher and all those ranks a very easy to get but you still need to put in effort

Edited by The Light

Former  

70672632_Untitled(15).png.7d232f74c3ac9624b835990cffc361e8.png

"Foundation Doctor and a Medical Doctor are 2 god damn different things." -Light   "Can you heal me."-Entire Foundation   "Ok Sophia"-Arium

On 12/1/2019 at 4:58 AM, Matricies said:

Hello SCP RP,

Holy please do this. Dr. Bright is unreal mingy because its a donator research job. While there are good brights, most I've seen do stupid tests, do not follow research rules or are downright impulsive and do not know how to properly do the roleplay. Restricting it so it requires research rank will help reduce this issue.

Hardcore +Support

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

I've read through pretty much every single comment on this post, and from it I've concluded the fact that a lot of people would like for Bright to be a non donator class. I do not see a way to do this that isn't messy. Having people getting "trained" for bright is VERY unreliable and I feel like it would never work out the way its intended. I understand that Bright might not act like that in lore, but in our server, we don't necessarily follow lore to a critical degree (if you havent noticed lol). I feel that Bright is a good way for some people to get introduced to research, and yes, while some people minge on it, it's no different than any other donator job in that regard.

big cat running GIF