Dr. Bright's Change - Denied

The Light

What do you want to see? - I would like to see Dr. Bright getting a change to where they have to fill out an application/training from Research Command to play kinda similar to Dr. Maynard (A Donator App/trainable Job)

Why should we add it? -  The benefit this would bring would be a very few minges on the job and most Dr. Bright players don't even read the SOP and go-ahead to just play as a really bad character and that's nothing like him at all, because of this in Research Dr. Bright is never to be listened to at all under any circumstances. Dr. Bright players have made people in the foundation do very bad things and encouraging them to minge which ruins the whole roleplay experience as well as breaching SCP's, making bombs to hurt people, making research look bad, etc. Dr. Bright is supposed to be a very trusted member of the foundation and does crazy tests that no one will do because he knows he's immortal and he is very intelligent.

What are the advantages of having this? - Less Minges, Better Roleplay Experience, Dr. Bright actually following the lore, the foundation can actually trust Dr. Bright 

Who is it mainly for? - Mainly Research/Dr. Bright Users but also, Security, MTF, and Utility 

Note:  I would like to speak to SMT about this further if this gets taken into consideration since this is a real big issue.

Edited by The Light

Former  

70672632_Untitled(15).png.7d232f74c3ac9624b835990cffc361e8.png

"Foundation Doctor and a Medical Doctor are 2 god damn different things." -Light   "Can you heal me."-Entire Foundation   "Ok Sophia"-Arium

+support

all ive seen are mingey dr brights, its gotten to the point where bright can't even leave bunks without being stopped. no one plays dr bright correctly, he isn't some 682-breaching, enemy of the foundation like maynard, he is a very good foundation doctor, and contributes a lot to the foundation. He just does not have much regard for his own life due to his immortality. I think restricting Dr. Bright to those who are more experienced with SCP and can prove themselves capable of not just blatantly breaking server rules, it would make Dr. Bright much more enjoyable to have around instead of him being a huge burden.

gog

1 hour ago, Breen said:

+support

all ive seen are mingey dr brights, its gotten to the point where bright can't even leave bunks without being stopped. no one plays dr bright correctly, he isn't some 682-breaching, enemy of the foundation like maynard, he is a very good foundation doctor, and contributes a lot to the foundation. He just does not have much regard for his own life due to his immortality. I think restricting Dr. Bright to those who are more experienced with SCP and can prove themselves capable of not just blatantly breaking server rules, it would make Dr. Bright much more enjoyable to have around instead of him being a huge burden.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

2 hours ago, Breen said:

+support

49 minutes ago, BadAim said:

Would this be considered a research life?

• Like 1

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

1 hour ago, BadAim said:

Would this be considered a research life?

So I'm unsure but since it is part of research and you do need to do an application for it then yes but it could always not count as a life.
Depends on SMT.

Edited by The Light

Former  

"Foundation Doctor and a Medical Doctor are 2 god damn different things." -Light   "Can you heal me."-Entire Foundation   "Ok Sophia"-Arium

Hello SCP RP,

Holy please do this. Dr. Bright is unreal mingy because its a donator research job. While there are good brights, most I've seen do stupid tests, do not follow research rules or are downright impulsive and do not know how to properly do the roleplay. Restricting it so it requires research rank will help reduce this issue.

Hardcore +Support

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

+ Support 

I'd suggest that you would have to be a trained researcher already, with a rank cut off decided by Research Command.

Gonna - Support since this is what its looking like people are wanting. Dr. bright is meant to be a job to introduce people to the idea of joining research, and changing it to a maynard like deal would complete take away from this purpose, and make no sense, since you would just have mingey research command playing on the job instead of random players who may be inspired to join research because of their time on the job.

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

-support dr bright is the only fun gold class

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

@BadAim I'm going to be very honest I'm pretty sure this is how it was supposed to be intended to be but it just looks bad on research and makes all of the minges come and join research because of Dr. Bright players actions/behavior.

Edited by The Light

Former  

22 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

+ Support 

I'd suggest that you would have to be a trained researcher already, with a rank cut off decided by Research Command.

As long as it's a pretty low rank requirement in research

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

On 11/30/2019 at 4:27 PM, Breen said:

+support

[SCPRP]
Retired Security Captain

+/- support

Dr.Bright is in an interesting situation at the moment. His current iteration is completely disregarding lore. and is a minge job. But that (in my reatrded opinion) is what makes him stand out. If you make him "Maynard but research" without any sort of twist, it would make him nothing besides fun-e monke man.

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

On 11/30/2019 at 7:27 PM, Breen said:

+support

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

On 12/1/2019 at 1:27 AM, Breen said:

+support

On 12/2/2019 at 3:53 AM, Hoovy said:

As long as it's a pretty low rank requirement in research

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

How would this work? It becomes a non donator job that you gain the whitelist through research, or it still is a donator job that you would have to apply for? Because that would be a big hassle for staff and the player trying to get bright, which seems a little unnecessary. Why not just start removing the whitelist of the ones creating the issue?

-Support

1 hour ago, Official Orange said:

How would this work? It becomes a non donator job that you gain the whitelist through research, or it still is a donator job that you would have to apply for? Because that would be a big hassle for staff and the player trying to get bright, which seems a little unnecessary. Why not just start removing the whitelist of the ones creating the issue?

-Support

Pretty sure any lead of a branch can blacklist those abusing donator ranks so get a hold of your high command and then they can get a hold of staff for a removal of a whitelist it shouldn't be restrictive to those just in the branch just like CI Heavy, NU-7 Jug, ECT. (Which aren't restricted)

Edited by Berserkrpups
  • Like 1

Big Body Tony

spacer.png