Staff Report On mikey

Torty

Your In-Game Name: Torty

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:160202308

Staff member's In-Game Name: Mikey

What did they do? So i was on trooper, i arrested someone brought them too court, Then brought them too the judge the judge said i have too get off so then after both 2 criminals evaded i finnaly got them into my car, they called a staff sit and mikey took it. Mikey procceded to say "well they have been in cuffs for 9 min so put them in for 1 year" i procceded to say "just cuase they have been in cuffs for 9 min doesnt mean i take off years, aswell it was cause i took them to court witch is against the rules if i dont." Then we talked for a bit then i said Can you state where in the MOTD does it say if someone is in cuffs for there sentance i have to take years off, or something along those lines he said "No, but it says in the MOTD that you must do what staff says." so i say "So you are making up a rule?" clearly asking a simple question cause it doesnt say any rule about putting them in for less time cause they are in cuffs, Mikey then ignores what i say and i ask if i can put it on forums,  Then i say since there is no rule can i put them in for the respected time, he says "if you put them in for more than one year i will warn you" then ends the sit. Just as a PS. i was arresting both criminals for evasion, and shooting govt. official

Evidence (REQUIRED): Uploading a video, im sure mikey can also give his side.

What do you think is an acceptable punishment? Really up to JMT/SMT cause even though he is a SNR admin doesnt mean he can make the rule up. *Nothing harsh cause mikey is cool just wanted to state this*

Edited by Torty
  • Laughing 1

"I feel i should say something profound, like one small step for man; All that i think of to say, is i feel like i have waited for this day for centuries"-Harrison Wells
"You where good son, real good; Maybe even the best."-TF2  | Military RP Spetznaz1st LT United States Sergeant

Keep in note this is not to diss mikey but to put up something in my opinion he did wrong

Edited by Torty

"I feel i should say something profound, like one small step for man; All that i think of to say, is i feel like i have waited for this day for centuries"-Harrison Wells
"You where good son, real good; Maybe even the best."-TF2  | Military RP Spetznaz1st LT United States Sergeant

Waiting for MiKeY's side and also the video to be uploaded :)!

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

+/-Support

I mean, if you have someone who has been in cuffs for 9 Minutes, then arrest them for another 8 or 9, thats like doubling there sentence, sure it doesn't say in the MOTD, but like. I'd be pretty pissed

Also what exactly are you reporting him for?

Will Make Full Choice When Video Posted/Mikey's Side

Edited by Masterson

Signature.png

Just now, Masterson said:

-support

I mean, if you have someone who has been in cuffs for 9 Minutes, then arrest them for another 8 or 9, thats like doubling there sentence, sure it doesn't say in the MOTD, but like. I'd be pretty pissed

Also what exactly are you reporting him for?

He said i would get warned if i put him in for more than 1 year

+Support

There is no rule stating that. If an officer has someone in cuffs, it doesn't matter how long the subject is in them for... it's depending on what the officer is doing and must be important. The subject will still get his time for the crime he committed even if he was in the cuffs for 9 minutes. Yes, you do have to do what the staff says but when it's not in the MOTD, staff shouldn't be making up their own rules etc. Mikey, shouldn't even be threating you with a warning either. You have done the right thing, you still give them the correct punishment and time. Like I said, when it's not in the MOTD they shoudn't be threating you with a warn.

• Like 2

"Crack open a cold one mate, no worries mate, come to the outback mate, gonna go to maccas and get some brekky mate"

8 minutes ago, Calamity said:

Waiting for MiKeY's side and also the video to be uploaded :)!

The software is being wierd it will be a bit

4 minutes ago, Munchies said:

+Support

There is no rule stating that. If an officer has someone in cuffs, it doesn't matter how long the subject is in them for... it's depending on what the officer is doing and must be important. The subject will still get his time for the crime he committed even if he was in the cuffs for 9 minutes. Yes, you do have to do what the staff says but when it's not in the MOTD, staff shouldn't be making up their own rules etc. Mikey, shouldn't even be threating you with a warning either. You have done the right thing, you still give them the correct punishment and time. Like I said, when it's not in the MOTD they shoudn't be threating you with a warn.

Well said thats what i am pretty much trying to say, thanks!

• Head Admin

My Side
Bruh ok, So like a normal person i take the sit, i respond to the sit and there are people yelling at each other i calm them down and question whats wrong. Thunder (the person going to jail ) said he was in the car for ever. I check the logs and it shows that Thunder has been in the car for 9 minutes . I go to torty and say "ok so since they have been sitting in your car for the past 9 minutes and longer because of the sit i'm going to have you put them in jail for 1 year." he goes on about how i can't make him do that and there is no rule stating that they have to be put in for 1 year so i say "just do it". He states that i can't do that and i reply with "Just do it because it NCWS if you don't and i don't want to get in a argument about it. Basically he wanted to put these people in for 7 years after them being in his car for about 11 minutes so i tried to help Thunder out by giving him less years.
Also please upload the video because it would help a lot

Oh and -Support

🤪You know who I am,

unless you don't.🤪

1 minute ago, [GL] Mikey said:

My Side
Bruh ok, So like a normal person i take the sit, i respond to the sit and there are people yelling at each other i calm them down and question whats wrong. Thunder (the person going to jail ) said he was in the car for ever. I check the logs and it shows that Thunder has been in the car for 9 minutes . I go to torty and say "ok so since they have been sitting in your car for the past 9 minutes and longer because of the sit i'm going to have you put them in jail for 1 year." he goes on about how i can't make him do that and there is no rule stating that they have to be put in for 1 year so i say "just do it". He states that i can't do that and i reply with "Just do it because it NCWS if you don't and i don't want to get in a argument about it. Basically he wanted to put these people in for 7 years after them being in his car for about 11 minutes so i tried to help Thunder out by giving him less years.

Oh and -Support

What i was saying is that you threatended with a warn when i didnt break a rule

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, [GL] Mikey said:

My Side

Oh and -Support

I mean, it's kind of common courtesy to shorten sentences if you have somebody in a car for too long. Being a decent person isn't in the mood, but it's still something you should be. 

I can see both points of view, however, I value morals rather than rules, subsequently, this will receive a -support from me.

-Support

Currently a member of the Support Team, SRT, Dispatcher, EMS, and PD SM.

Former Senior moderator, SWAT, Event Team, Secret Service, DD, and State Police.

5 minutes ago, Masterson said:

Him Saying its NCWS dosent mean hes gonna warn you. Hes just saying your not complying

Not trying to argue but the video he first says i never says i was gunna warn you, then after says if you put them in for more then one year... ima haev to warn you for NCWS... *Video will be up shortly*

- Support

Soooo Your telling me that you cant comply with staff?

Staff was instructing you not todo something and your throw a ole staff report on em.

Back chatting staff and arguing with what staff said is a warn-able offence by the way. 

If someone is in handcuffs for at least 9 Minutes. Its Common sense not to put them in for another 9 Minutes. That's how you loose players, Double punishment. Hes not making up a rule.. He is looking out for players attempting to enjoy their time on the server. If staff instructs you not to-do something in the lines of Jail time.. I would follow them..

• Like 2

Untitled-2.png.340348ae20671cd9033dba833d191c9e.png

15 minutes ago, Yobo said:

- Support

Staff was instructing you not todo something and your throw a ole staff report on em.

Back chatting staff and arguing with what staff said is a warn-able offence by the way. 

If someone is in handcuffs for at least 9 Minutes. Its Common sense not to put them in for another 9 Minutes. That's how you loose players, Double punishment. Hes not making up a rule.. He is looking out for players attempting to enjoy their time on the server. If staff instructs you not to-do something in the lines of Jail time.. I would follow them..

Your a good mate and all, but dude Staff can't be telling us to put them in for however long they want... If it's not in the MOTD than we will continue our job. Being in cuffs does not count as Jail time... whatever crime they committed they must do their time pretty much. Torty wasn't arguing with staff, he was simply stating that there was no rule in the MOTD saying that. I don't see anything wrong with what Torty did, he did everything right and in a civil matter. People should be still getting the time for their crimes they committed and shouldn't be getting less time because of them being in cuffs for 9 minutes.

Edited by Munchies
  • Like 1

"Crack open a cold one mate, no worries mate, come to the outback mate, gonna go to maccas and get some brekky mate"

18 minutes ago, Yobo said:

- Support

Retired General of the Armies | | Retired State A. Lieutenant Colonel | | Retired Super Admin

North

I don't see a problem with Mikey asking you to shorten his sentence due to him having to sit there for a sit. Saying that he should have to STILL wait out his entire sentence after waiting for a long time already is pretty inconsiderate to the player. I doubt you'd like to roleplay doing crimes if its gonna make you sit in cuffs for like 17 minutes.

1 hour ago, [GL] Joe Mama said:

I don't see a problem with Mikey asking you to shorten his sentence due to him having to sit there for a sit. Saying that he should have to STILL wait out his entire sentence after waiting for a long time already is pretty inconsiderate to the player. I doubt you'd like to roleplay doing crimes if its gonna make you sit in cuffs for like 17 minutes.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, [GL] Joe Mama said:

agreed

2 hours ago, [GL] Joe Mama said:

What's the point of jails then?, whats the point of crimes... being in cuffs does not count as jail time, 9 minutes is literally nothing. They still have to do their time and be sentenced due to their crimes they committed. You're better of just having a 1 minute jail time, asking someone to shorten his sentence is not roleplay at all... I believe he should still do the time. Anyways, I'll leave it here I don't think we should be lowering people sentences because they were in cuffs for 9 mins... You're not going to go in the real world and say to an officer, "Man, I've in these cuffs for 20 mintues, can I at least get my sentence shorter". Now, I'm not saying this is seriousRP but still use common sense.

• Like 1

-Support

I can completely understand this MikeY. He has been in cuffs for so long, and honestly you should listen to your higher ups. I would love to also see some video proof. You can't just let a guy sit there and not let him roleplay. You should just have let him go, because it seems he had served his sentence. 

11 minutes ago, Wonton said:

-Support

I can completely understand this MikeY. He has been in cuffs for so long, and honestly you should listen to your higher ups. I would love to also see some video proof. You can't just let a guy sit there and not let him roleplay. You should just have let him go, because it seems he had served his sentence. 

How did he serves his time?, what in a car... None of you guys are getting the roleplay here, serving his time in cuffs doesn't not count as jail time. He must be in jail to serve his crime, It's not even in the MOTD so why should be lower someone sentence because they were in cuffs for 9 mintues. Don't do crime then, if you can't handle the time literally just don't do crime.

Edited by Munchies

+/- support

Whilst you should have listened and just taken it here, Criminals go to court all the time and that doesn't lessen their sentence. Even after a 20-30 minute court case, I've still done max time. It's also quite common for criminals to call a sit for the express reason of wasting time so the staff will say 'oh since we've been here so long, just let him go'.  That should not be allowed to happen. And staff shouldn't be able to dictate how long someone goes to jail for.  Otherwise you'd have people specifically causing an issue so that they can get out of any punishment for their crime. Which is FailRP in my book.

The thing is uploading sorry it is taking awhile just I’m at my grandmas from today till tommorow morning, it will be up then