slick - False Warn Report

bT aSSaiLaNTT

Your In-game: Jay 

Your SteamID:STEAM_0:0:485228212

The admin's name in-game: Slick

The admin's steam name (If you know it):

What warning did you receive: AFK IN A SIT 

Evidence of the warn (REQUIRED):image.thumb.png.792d4970224efa09665d35d2f80587b2.png

Why do you think this warn was false: I don't even know when this sit took place and why I was reported and its also not even the 27th yet soo I'm confused 

Any extra information: today's date is 11/26119 

Edited by Jay KAPP

10 minutes ago, Jeff Junior said:

No it is 27 of november but it depends on where you live . 

Waiting foor slicks side 

well it must have happened earlier in the day but just got time to make a forms post than bc of this and I just saw it an hour ago  i live in pst

Edited by Jay KAPP

You called a sit I forget about what I was in another sit and it was like 2 mins before I tp'd to you and once I did tp to you to take your sit you responded and then when I brought you and the other guy into the sit room I was listening to his side of the story and then I was going to see your side and I was trying to get you to respond I say Jay 4 times and you didn't respond so I warned you for being AFK in a sit.

Edited by [GL] Slick

Imperial RP GM Admin

31st Commander

11 hours ago, Ronin said:

I wasn't aware having to go afk after calling Staff was warnable...Things DO happen IRL sometimes to force you to leave without warning...

Agreed

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

On 11/29/2019 at 10:14 PM, Ronin said:

I wasn't aware having to go afk after calling Staff was warnable...Things DO happen IRL sometimes to force you to leave without warning...

I don't want to argue on here I'll dm you @Ronin

Edited by [GL] Slick

Imperial RP GM Admin

31st Commander

If he called the sit then there should be no reason to warn him unless he broke a rule. People have to go afk for many reasons and anything could happen at any time in no way is it against the rules to go afk after calling a sit. If he broke a rule then I can see where the warn is coming from but even then idk. 
+support 

+support

I have had many times, and I am sure that nearly everyone else has as well, where I have had to run off for something right then. No time to type or anything just go.  There's no reason to warn him for having to go afk after calling a sit.  That's essentially punishing him for having to do IRL stuff.  Which is not the message we want to be sending. Now, perhaps if he had broken a rule, and gone afk DURING a sit on purpose to minge, perhaps a warn would be in order. But in this case? No, I do not believe this warn was appropriate at all.  We're essentially telling him that this game is more important than whatever he had to take care of IRL.  And that will likely never be the case.

51 minutes ago, Ronin said:

+support

I have had many times, and I am sure that nearly everyone else has as well, where I have had to run off for something right then. No time to type or anything just go.  There's no reason to warn him for having to go afk after calling a sit.  That's essentially punishing him for having to do IRL stuff.  Which is not the message we want to be sending. Now, perhaps if he had broken a rule, and gone afk DURING a sit on purpose to minge, perhaps a warn would be in order. But in this case? No, I do not believe this warn was appropriate at all.  We're essentially telling him that this game is more important than whatever he had to take care of IRL.  And that will likely never be the case.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Ronin said:

+support

You shouldn't warn someone for being AFK in a sit if they're the one who made the report, The entire point of afking in a sit being punishable is because people do it to avoid a punishment. imo this is an unintentional misuse of the warn and it should be removed. +Support

image.png.6c1afb0b5b9981e79282fcee3d342bfb.png

• Head Admin
11 hours ago, Ronin said:

+support

i agree 100% with ronin on this one

🤪You know who I am,

unless you don't.🤪

+Support

Don't know if anyone realizes this, but being afk in a sit isn't a warnable offense within itself. Staff should only be giving rules infractions that are stated in the MOTD. 

• Thanks 1

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."