Negev nerf - Denied

killermankey

What you want to see? -  The Negev nerfed in either damage or fire rate

Why should we add it? - The Negev has always been a heavily over powered weapon with the ability to not even need to take cover due to the amount of damage spewed out of the weapon. requiring a large outnumbering to make it fair. this weapon has 14K at the armory, a blacklisted weapon for ET , and is only on 1 vip job that REQUIRES PLATINUM VIP and it only has a max limit of 3 people.

What are the advantages of having this? - make the gun used more tactically instead of being the suicidal rush weapon that can wipe out mobs of anyone in there way.

Who is it mainly for? - the entire server

Links to any content - N/A

Edited by killermankey

RETINA BURN BOI

+/- SUPPORT

- support: I understand where you're coming from with this but then again, it's an LMG, a person used to have to pay $80 for a CC for it (now it's more and not including the other prices to make the CC actually live through gun fights.) Though I sort of understand the "suicidal rush" part you talk about it's still just how the weapon is, and in reality I see this as more of an slight annoyance because I've seen even amounts of losses and wins with classes (and branches) with this gun. It's very rare that it actually just murders everyone in the general area without damage being put out to the person using it or dying eventually. It becomes a situation as well as where people will now probably start on the trend of just nerfing all the weapons that people (most of the time) work hard for to get are just sledged into the ground and become useless

+support: However, I will say that with this whole new system of people just putting out tryouts for CC's and people coming out of nowhere with around $1000 to put on a CC then give the most OP stuff out for free is annoying (especially considering some of the people that are in those CC's with those types of advantages) but as well as that those rare occasions with the absolute destruction of the people in a small area can really just make or break the entire server (or task for CI or MTF/GenSec) and that becomes a huge issue where one gun is enough to have to put more focus on the person with a negev or group they're with than a keter case (besides 682 most likely). Though like I said in the last sentence in the first, a nerf may be necessary, but not a sledge into the ground kind of one.

insert cliched signature 

3 minutes ago, Official Orange said:

-Support

The negev is best a point blank range with every few steps getting weaker and weaker due to the recoil and bullet spread. The sawed off is able to out preform a negev, if used right, as well as assault rifles used at a relative range.

Perhaps just upping the price of the negev in the armories?

~CI Major/Senior Moderator Corner

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

7 minutes ago, Official Orange said:

-Support

The negev is best a point blank range with every few steps getting weaker and weaker due to the recoil and bullet spread. The sawed off is able to out preform a negev, if used right, as well as assault rifles used at a relative range.

Simple solution is to up the price not to nerf it.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

21 minutes ago, Official Orange said:

-Support

Its impossible to control as well, i broke @Fool’s ankles in a 1v1 when he was using it once

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

2 hours ago, killermankey said:

What you want to see? -  The Negev nerfed in either damage or fire rate

Why should we add it? - The Negev has always been a heavily over powered weapon with the ability to not even need to take cover due to the amount of damage spewed out of the weapon. requiring a large outnumbering to make it fair. this weapon has 14K at the armory, a blacklisted weapon for ET , and is only on 1 vip job that REQUIRES PLATINUM VIP and it only has a max limit of 3 people.

What are the advantages of having this? - make the gun used more tactically instead of being the suicidal rush weapon that can wipe out mobs of anyone in there way.

Who is it mainly for? - the entire server

Links to any content - N/A

+Support
Reason: Yeah. I want to use it too. Give us the ability to use it in events, please.

How to improve on the post: Good post, good grammar, but over powered need to be one word. That is all I am going to say.

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

-Support

It's an LMG, it's supposed to be high damage low range. 

Besides, it costs so much. It'll make a huge dent in your wallet unless you AFK farm money.

Edited by A Squad of Illagers (Jukebox)

Professional minge, PhD in shitposting. Research Manager,  Hammer Down Private. Also known as Gutsy.

3 hours ago, Catsro said:

Simple solution is to up the price not to nerf it.

-Support due to the fact that it's only useful up close. 

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

9 hours ago, Official Orange said:

-Support

-support

You literally cancelled yourself by saying that it costs 15k and is on only 1 PLATINIUM job with 3 people playing at a time. 

Also, every time I try to do a suicidal rush, I end up being deatroyed cause of the damage some guns have or if theres way more of them. 

Susel - Retired MTF person - "Teamwork makes the dream work"

18 hours ago, Official Orange said:

-Support

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

This has been denied a lot of times, I don't want to repeat myself why that is.

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

20 hours ago, Official Orange said:

-Support

Ex MTF Alpha 1 Captain 

-Support

Admin For SCPRP , Vice Commander In Nu-7.

Former Major/Head FTO In Omicron-9

spacer.png

-Support

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

+Support, with the fact that 90% of all CC's have a Negev, the balance of power is severely broken now. There's a reason it is 15k in the armory, and a Platinum rank class has it. Its an OP weapon, and because now that at least 20 CC's have it, its just unfair at this point.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

On 11/25/2019 at 8:40 PM, Official Orange said:

-Support

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

A lot of people tend to not understand what this magical thing called "Weapon Balance" is. Not every gun is meant to be powerful. Not every gun is meant to be weak. And most importantly, Not every gun is meant to be the same. Weapons are supposed to be good for different reasons. While yes, the Negev is an extremely powerful weapon, it is only that powerful if you are very close to your target. If you're going up against an Assault rifle down a corridor, you're not going to win that fight. Each weapon should have a playstyle, and just because one weapon excels in a certain style, doesn't mean it should be nerfed. While I am in no means saying that all weapons are balanced, I'm saying that a lot of people seem to lack an understanding of this concept. For argument's sake, I nerf the Negev. Then, another LMG would become the best LMG in the server and people would start using that weapon instead. And then what? I nerf that one too? 

big cat running GIF