Nerf SRT - Accepted

jaytheman

I want to see SRT units have their armor and speed nerfed to a more reasonable value. There are two main reasons why this should happen: 

1. Having so much armor makes gunfights very unrealistic. You can dump several mags into an SRT private and he will continue to shoot back. It feels like you aren't even fighting a human, and they are also very fast despite the armor. Any potential roleplay or realism is ruined when an SRT shows up because they can kill a group of well-armed criminals just by themselves.

2. I often see SRT doing regular police work like patrols, as opposed to being a dedicated response team. The likelihood you encounter them is quite high, so they aren't some rare force.

Edited by jaytheman

- Support

SRT are the most elite tac unit we have on server. You need to be atleast a MSGT+ to join. I think what they have is completely fine.

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

I understand they are the most elite, but that doesn't really address my concerns.

For point #2- If they are the most elite, why do they seem to be everywhere, often alongside regular police? Shouldn't they be reserved for hostage situations and bank robberies?

For point #1- How does them being the most elite justify such armor? They seem basically inhuman, and may as well be godded because anyone with 200+ armor has no chance at all of being killed by a criminal. What's the point of having a unit in the game without a chance of being killed? Maybe only some of the custom classes with ridiculous weapons stand a chance, but 99% of players don't.

+Support

I understand they're the most elite and hardest to get in to, but if anything, that just makes everyone want to join them even more, which in turn, makes them one of the most populated TAC units. I would understand the speed and armor if they didn't ALSO have the climb swep that makes half the bases in the game completely useless.

A lot of the people on the server have seen my base. It has one dedicated entrance, this way I KNOW where people are going to be coming from when I get raided. So, when I am sitting here putting all my ammo straight towards the door trying to stop the crazy force that is pushing towards me and then out of nowhere someone over twice as fast as me and with over twice my armor (assuming my armor hasnt been damaged by anyone in the raid so far, which is very unlikely) comes up behind me, its EXTREMELY ANNOYING. 

If you aren't going to nerf SRT, at least give the climb swep to someone else whos about the same level as I am rather than over double my power

SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS/FR Reserves | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | Ex-PoliceRP Staff | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @EmptiedSkies ❤️

1 hour ago, Dredgen said:

- Support

SRT are the most elite tac unit we have on server. You need to be atleast a MSGT+ to join. I think what they have is completely fine.

The requirements are SGT to Join SRT+

Lets Start Off With the Facts:

- I understand your frustration with how fast they are, the SWEP that they have is currently broken. They should not be able to run faster than cars, or run away super quickly when they get engaged in a firefight.  

SMT (Senior Management Team) Is working on getting this SWEP fixed, and also in current debate of getting removed completely. 

- Little do people know, the Commander of SRT agrees that SRT is unbalanced and is overpowered compared to other tactical departments. When speaking to the Commander, he had has some things planned to make SRT less overpowered and more realistic. Which surprised me since the Commander acknowledges these things, and is currently trying to figure out better ways to change his department for the better of the server. That shows a lot about him and SRT Command.

- Regarding the armor of SRT, Each tactical department has their own cool abilities that no other tactical department can "obtain". SRT specialty is having more armor, in which was agreed upon that extra armor is a curse but also a blessing. SRT having more armor, they are pretty hard to kill (Which is the point duh), but there is an issue within SRT that gets them killed every single time they raid. Lower ranking SRT members tend to think "I have so much armor, I am Overpowered" and they rush into a tactical situation and get killed instantly. This is a weak point for SRT, in which other tactical departments are more lenient to be strategic and go into raids with less deaths. I do not believe their armor should be nerfed, I find it pretty fair and balanced.

- Regarding SRT doing Police Patrols and Pulling People Over: I do not support that SRT can do this.

1. While serving my time within S.W.AT, new members of S.W.A.T kept leaving and joining SRT because they did not like how we were restricted as in we could not pull people over or give tickets. It killed S.W.A.T in which that was not fair to them.
  2. I agree that SRT should not be patrolling pulling people over just because they were running a red light or something, that ruins the whole point of "PoliceRP". That takes the job away from Police Officers and makes it so people want to join Tac Departments more than Police.
  3. It is unrealistic for SRT to pull people over, you do not see giant bearcats going around your city with armed S.W.A.T members inside pulling people over for tickets. You are crazy if you think that is an ok thing to do around you, the roleplay is terrible in that.
  4. In General I feel like all tac-Departments should not be able to do that, and just let Police Officers handle giving tickets and pulling people over for simple issues. 

Conclusion:

- I understand your frustration with SRT, and hopefully in the near future some changes will be implemented to be more fair for everyone.

Even though with all of this evidence and facts: With the bright suggestion, You did not fill out the format so -Support

• Like 1

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

5 hours ago, ViperKimg said:

+Support

I understand they're the most elite and hardest to get in to, but if anything, that just makes everyone want to join them even more, which in turn, makes them one of the most populated TAC units. I would understand the speed and armor if they didn't ALSO have the climb swep that makes half the bases in the game completely useless.

A lot of the people on the server have seen my base. It has one dedicated entrance, this way I KNOW where people are going to be coming from when I get raided. So, when I am sitting here putting all my ammo straight towards the door trying to stop the crazy force that is pushing towards me and then out of nowhere someone over twice as fast as me and with over twice my armor (assuming my armor hasnt been damaged by anyone in the raid so far, which is very unlikely) comes up behind me, its EXTREMELY ANNOYING. 

If you aren't going to nerf SRT, at least give the climb swep to someone else whos about the same level as I am rather than over double my power

And to respond to Calamity’s point about the “special” thing- sure, SRT can have more armor, but give them a normal moving speed or something. They are absurdly broken right now, and despite being the most elite, they shouldn’t be THAT powerful.

Thank you guys for supporting me, I knew I wasn't alone in this.

Just the simple fact of what's essentially the "server juggernauts" being the most populous, AND fastest, seemed completely absurd to me. It ruins roleplay and is just straight up unfair.

You know you could just come to me with suggestions right? SMT can force me to nerf the department, but I’d like to tell you nerfs have already been underway and I’ve already been trying to get in contact with Friendly Steve about them. Whilst I can’t really give you too much hope on our speed being reduced as that’s more of an issue with our SWEP I can say that the armor situation will be adjusted, and the strength of our weapons choices will be decreased to better match the balance of Crim Vs. Gov’t. Especially with the new basing rules I can agree with you that it’s time we tone down a bit. 

Now please allow me to point out some key points

- SRT’s member count has been reduced from 24 to 18 over this weekend alone

- Traffic stops whilst they may be performed by SRT are rarely ever done, as we’re typically responding to another situation, or are keeping ourselves free in the event that a situation pops up. However, I will consider the nature of this rule and speak to my members about it. SRT is run on a democracy vote when making decisions like this, so their decision will be their final verdict.

- SRT as a department is supposed to be smaller, but much more highly armed and armored unit with less people than other departments. I’ve been trying to restore this idea to further help the situation. 

- Going off of what Calamity said, I’ve seen a group of SWAT joining SRT or even department hopping. High Command of both departments have been trying to crack down on this issue, and if necessary applicants from SWAT can be prohibited via Commander Freeze’s orders.

- I’d also like to ask for forgiveness for getting carried away in our recent update. Since the addition of certain departments all Tacticals have been struggling to gain more members, and I got caught up in the fight to be the most appealing.

- I like to pride SRT on having the fewest amount of exceptions in any regard, current members or joining members. For example, any “transfers” are considered only for PFC as that is the first rank after the PVT trial period, even Commanders of other departments would be given the same treatment. This was done to reduce the amount of transfers, and to keep the member count low. 

- SRT’s Parkour SWEP, (not climb SWEP) keeps us from climbing skyscrapers, and we can’t get nearly as high as we used to. We sacrificed that ability for the increased speed and higher jump, something that is meant to be unique to SRT. The SWEP idea for SRT was even introduced by Zeeptin, so you’d have to convince him to have it removed, which is plausible.

- Despite all of this, SRT will be nerfed eventually. Armor will be reduced, Consistent but weaker firearms will be distributed, and our speed will be discussed.

So, @jaytheman please rest easy in knowing that operations are underway to attempt restoration of balance in the server, and I’d love to have any of you involved in this post to private message me some suggestions. Nothing is for certain, but constructive opinions are always appreciated. 

Edited by Blitzton
  • Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 2

- SRT Commander Blitzton 1K67 - PD MSGT Blitzton 1C67 - Future Pilot -

7 hours ago, Friendly Steve said:

This will be under continuous review and I will be working on balancing of all departments in Police RP. Now that I got the hang of coding and have more knowledge about what is deemed as a fair amount of weapons/armor and I will be overhauling the departments to make them more suitable for RP.

can't wait to have people who will notjoin srt! ARU and SWAT are dead over their opness

8 hours ago, Ryan The Epic Guy said:

can't wait to have people who will notjoin srt! ARU and SWAT are dead over their opness

SRT has a similar member count to SWAT, we dropped 6 members over this weekend to 18 as it says in my response. SRT Is not the cause of all the servers issues. But we are trying to mediate the lack of applicants into other departments.

Edited by Blitzton

- SRT Commander Blitzton 1K67 - PD MSGT Blitzton 1C67 - Future Pilot -

9 hours ago, Blitzton said:

SRT has a similar member count to SWAT, we dropped 6 members over this weekend to 18 as it says in my response. SRT Is not the cause of all the servers issues. But we are trying to mediate the lack of applicants into other departments.

this is a shock lmao. I always thought srt  had a ton of members lmao

Edited by Ryan The Epic Guy

On 11/24/2019 at 3:01 PM, ViperKimg said:

+Support

On 11/25/2019 at 7:15 AM, Blitzton said:

You know you could just come to me with suggestions right? SMT can force me to nerf the department, but I’d like to tell you nerfs have already been underway and I’ve already been trying to get in contact with Friendly Steve about them. Whilst I can’t really give you too much hope on our speed being reduced as that’s more of an issue with our SWEP I can say that the armor situation will be adjusted, and the strength of our weapons choices will be decreased to better match the balance of Crim Vs. Gov’t. Especially with the new basing rules I can agree with you that it’s time we tone down a bit. 

- Traffic stops whilst they may be performed by SRT are rarely ever done, as we’re typically responding to another situation, or are keeping ourselves free in the event that a situation pops up. However, I will consider the nature of this rule and speak to my members about it. SRT is run on a democracy vote when making decisions like this, so their decision will be their final verdict.

- SRT as a department is supposed to be smaller, but much more highly armed and armored unit with less people than other departments. I’ve been trying to restore this idea to further help the situation. 

- Going off of what Calamity said, I’ve seen a group of SWAT joining SRT or even department hopping. High Command of both departments have been trying to crack down on this issue, and if necessary applicants from SWAT can be prohibited via Commander Freeze’s orders.

- I’d also like to ask for forgiveness for getting carried away in our recent update. Since the addition of certain departments all Tacticals have been struggling to gain more members, and I got caught up in the fight to be the most appealing.

- I like to pride SRT on having the fewest amount of exceptions in any regard, current members or joining members. For example, any “transfers” are considered only for PFC as that is the first rank after the PVT trial period, even Commanders of other departments would be given the same treatment. This was done to reduce the amount of transfers, and to keep the member count low. 

- SRT’s Parkour SWEP, (not climb SWEP) keeps us from climbing skyscrapers, and we can’t get nearly as high as we used to. We sacrificed that ability for the increased speed and higher jump, something that is meant to be unique to SRT. The SWEP idea for SRT was even introduced by Zeeptin, so you’d have to convince him to have it removed, which is plausible.

- Despite all of this, SRT will be nerfed eventually. Armor will be reduced, Consistent but weaker firearms will be distributed, and our speed will be discussed.

So, @jaytheman please rest easy in knowing that operations are underway to attempt restoration of balance in the server, and I’d love to have any of you involved in this post to private message me some suggestions. Nothing is for certain, but constructive opinions are always appreciated. 

On 11/26/2019 at 3:14 PM, Weasel said:

-support

Srt are already planning nerfs. Plus, other tac departments have just as much, if not more fire power than SRT despite them being the “most elite tac unit”

Currently a member of the Support Team, SRT, Dispatcher, EMS, and PD SM.

Former Senior moderator, SWAT, Event Team, Secret Service, DD, and State Police.

-support

SRT is supposed to be powerful. They're the people you don't want to mess with

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

On 11/26/2019 at 9:14 PM, Weasel said:

-support

Srt are already planning nerfs. Plus, other tac departments have just as much, if not more fire power than SRT despite them being the “most elite tac unit”

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

Maybe just since they are you know have a lot of armour why do they move so fast, for RP reasons having pounds of armour would effect your speed. doesnt make sense... not saying its a must nerf just stating some things

"I feel i should say something profound, like one small step for man; All that i think of to say, is i feel like i have waited for this day for centuries"-Harrison Wells
"You where good son, real good; Maybe even the best."-TF2  | Military RP Spetznaz1st LT United States Sergeant

On 11/25/2019 at 8:15 AM, Blitzton said:

Whilst I can’t really give you too much hope on our speed being reduced as that’s more of an issue with our SWEP

Not true. The run speed on all of the government jobs can be manipulated quite easily and has nothing to do with any sweps.

big cat running GIF

On 11/30/2019 at 10:07 PM, utetwo said:

- support

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

1 hour ago, Igneous said:

Not true. The run speed on all of the government jobs can be manipulated quite easily and has nothing to do with any sweps.

I stand corrected after looking at the swep, however, it's still equally as easy to fix.

big cat running GIF