Rocco Rex

The admin's steam name (If you know it):

[GL] Rocco Rex

What warning did you receive:

Cop bait

Evidence of the warn (REQUIRED):

https://imgur.com/RMIgCpy

Why do you think this warn was false:

I think this was a false warn because it was a misunderstanding. I was in jail then as soon as I got out I decided to try and take my silencer off my pistol. At the time I didn't know that I had to press shift-e-left click. I forgot to click the e so then I shot my gun, I did not hit the cop but he decided to call a sit for cop bait. At first Rocco decided to ask the SRT if it wanted to be a verbal or if he wanted me to get warned. The SRT first said verbal then he changed his mind because of my previous life, he said I cop baited my previous life because I shot someone that was trying to put me in restrains (that's originally why I was in jail). So overall I just think this was a misunderstanding, sadly I do not have any evidence from this event.

Any extra information:

1. The reason why I was trying to take off my silencer is because I honestly hate the pistol with the silencer on.

2. The reason why I had no problem doing it in front of him is because I presumed that he was afk as he was just standing in the corner of the room. Otherwise I didn't even know that it's cop bait.

3. The reason why I didn't know how to take my silencer off is because I haven't really became active on GL for about a year so I forgot how to take it off.

4. Just a question, why does staff allow players to decide a players punishment when the person who called the sit clearly has a problem with that player who broke the rule. Shouldn't the staff member take this into consideration and be neutral in the situation?

Thanks for reading my appeal.

Edited by iReplacinq

+/- Support

- Good Reasons

-A video would be helpful

- Don't know if he allowed him to explain

Won't make a change until I hear @Rocco_Rexside.

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

Got report of cop bait. He, while in the PD lobby, pulled out his gun (pulling it out in front of PD unless if in defense  is copbait). He did it in front of at least one gov. And it wasnt pull it out and put it back, it was pull it out and fiddle with it to remove the suppressor. Again, in the PD lobby, where all cops go through. With a gov right there. And he admittedly fired multiple shots INSDIE the PD lobby. In front of a SRT member. If you want to mess with your guns, you are supposed to do it away from gov, not in their lobby. Just like mugging someone there would be cop bait. Or dealing drugs. Or guns. If it were purely pull it out put it back ok, but he fired multiple shots playing around with it. Just go somewhere away from cops. Motel is right there, easy walk, easy day, no problems

TLDR: He did something illegal in the PD lobby in front of SRT, thus warned for copbait

• Like 1

Retired as IRP assistant head game master, IRP SNR admin, PRP admin, IC Commander, SRT 2LT, EMS Head Deputy, FR DEFR

12 hours ago, Rocco_Rex said:

Got report of cop bait. He, while in the PD lobby, pulled out his gun (pulling it out in front of PD unless if in defense  is copbait). He did it in front of at least one gov. And it wasnt pull it out and put it back, it was pull it out and fiddle with it to remove the suppressor. Again, in the PD lobby, where all cops go through. With a gov right there. And he admittedly fired multiple shots INSDIE the PD lobby. In front of a SRT member. If you want to mess with your guns, you are supposed to do it away from gov, not in their lobby. Just like mugging someone there would be cop bait. Or dealing drugs. Or guns. If it were purely pull it out put it back ok, but he fired multiple shots playing around with it. Just go somewhere away from cops. Motel is right there, easy walk, easy day, no problems

TLDR: He did something illegal in the PD lobby in front of SRT, thus warned for copbait

If you wont do it in real life dont do it in game. I would like to see a video and if I see anything to back you up I can help you  but if not it's a minus support 

-Support 

Edited by ReaperLite

1 hour ago, Rocco_Rex said:

-SUPPORT

Shot infront of many police many times which sure once or twice can be a accident, but 3 times?

Pulled out gun infront of Police, Which in real life if you did any of what Rocco Rex Did You would be arrested or shot

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

2 hours ago, Rocco_Rex said:

I only shot once, as soon as I shot I immediately put my gun away and tried walking away due to me not knowing how to take a silencer off. The rule says "Cop baiting is not allowed. Cop baiting is intentionally breaking the law or annoying a police officer in an attempt to have them arrest/confront you." I said multiple times in the sit that I wasn't intentionally trying to piss the SRT off. Also in the sit you asked me if I admit to shooting my gun and I said yes but I only shot once. This is why I say this warn is a misunderstanding I'm not trying to get rid of a warn that I admitted to being guilty to, I didn't intentionally shoot my gun and it was clearly a "he said she said" situation and no evidence was provided within both parties.

1 hour ago, ReaperLite said:

If you wont do it in real life dont do it in game

I'm able to break the laws in game that's the reason why there are Criminals and Law Enforcement. Of course I wouldn't speed, run a red light, ignore a stop sign, or reckless drive in real life but I still do in game. Why else would there be Police in game?

Edited by iReplacinq
grammar

1 hour ago, K1LLER said:

-SUPPORT

Shot infront of many police many times which sure once or twice can be a accident, but 3 times?

Pulled out gun infront of Police, Which in real life if you did any of what Rocco Rex Did You would be arrested or shot

I've only seen you once in my life and that was in a shoot out. Sure I shoot in front of police but that doesn't automatically mean that it is cop bait. In a shootout I'm shooting someone for a reason which is intentional but this is caused by my family member getting arrested, my base is getting raided, or I get into a high speed chase because I was breaking the law and trying to get to my base ASAP. This was my first accident ever with accidentally shooting my gun, I literally thought the SRT was afk so my intention was that he wouldn't see me take out a gun so I can take off the silencer. In the end I still got a warn and I still got jailed for "pulling out a gun on cop and opening fire" for 7 or 8 years. I'm just really confused on why most law enforcement runs straight to "cop bait" whenever I do something illegal, it was not intentional.

Stop arguing, take it to PMs. 

Supports Only

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

15 hours ago, Rocco_Rex said:

-support ^^^^^^^^^^^

Signature.png

+Support

A lot of people in this server seem to have a misunderstanding as to what "copbait" really is. I personally feel that "copbait" should be based on intent rather than action. If I lag and run into a cop car then speed off, it's because I'm busy and probably trying to get somewhere, I had no intent of baiting the cop, yet I could still be warned for copbait by some people.

This case is very similar. Copbait should be based on intent rather than action, therefore, I believe this warn should be appealed.

SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS/FR Reserves | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | Ex-PoliceRP Staff | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @EmptiedSkies ❤️

15 minutes ago, ViperKimg said:

+Support

A lot of people in this server seem to have a misunderstanding as to what "copbait" really is. I personally feel that "copbait" should be based on intent rather than action. If I lag and run into a cop car then speed off, it's because I'm busy and probably trying to get somewhere, I had no intent of baiting the cop, yet I could still be warned for copbait by some people.

This case is very similar. Copbait should be based on intent rather than action, therefore, I believe this warn should be appealed.

I agree, the rule is based on intent and if Ecalper or the SRT that called the sit on him didn't have any video evidence how are you supposed to know that the player did it intentionally or not. You can't just look at the logs and assume that the player was trying to cop bait by firing his gun. Therefore, like Ecalper said, it was a he said she said and Rocco should have returned both of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ViperKimg said:

+Support

Then people will do stupid stuff around the police, or actual cop bait, and claim they didnt mean to. Gotta take it case by case. Everyone should know not to do illegal stuff in PD lobby, especially with a gov right here

53 minutes ago, 123brandonma said:

I agree, the rule is based on intent and if Ecalper or the SRT that called the sit on him didn't have any video evidence how are you supposed to know that the player did it intentionally or not. You can't just look at the logs and assume that the player was trying to cop bait by firing his gun. Therefore, like Ecalper said, it was a he said she said and Rocco should have returned both of them.

Ecalper admitted to pulling out his gun in PD lobby, messing around with it, and firing it multiple times. You dont do that in PD lobby. Just like you wouldnt do drugs there. If you want to do something illegal (having a gun out, especially with suppressor) do it in private or hidden

Retired as IRP assistant head game master, IRP SNR admin, PRP admin, IC Commander, SRT 2LT, EMS Head Deputy, FR DEFR

14 minutes ago, Rocco_Rex said:

Then people will do stupid stuff around the police, or actual cop bait, and claim they didnt mean to. Gotta take it case by case. Everyone should know not to do illegal stuff in PD lobby, especially with a gov right here

Ecalper admitted to pulling out his gun in PD lobby, messing around with it, and firing it multiple times. You dont do that in PD lobby. Just like you wouldnt do drugs there. If you want to do something illegal (having a gun out, especially with suppressor) do it in private or hidden

I'm sorry and I don't like to argue but I'm really eager to put this out. You aren't looking at the intentional part... like at all.

30 minutes ago, Rocco_Rex said:

So you accidentally pulled out  your suppressed pistol in the PD lobby in front on a SRT member?

He intentionally pulled out his pistol, yes, but his goal was to test if the suppressor came off or not, he was just curious, he didn't mean anyone any harm by it. A verbal Warning would have been enough. You could've said, "next time, don't be stupid and pull out your pistol in PD" rather than giving him a warn for being curious that will carry on his record as "Copbait" 

Edited by ViperKimg

SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS/FR Reserves | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | Ex-PoliceRP Staff | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @EmptiedSkies ❤️

45 minutes ago, Rocco_Rex said:

So you accidentally pulled out  your suppressed pistol in the PD lobby in front on a SRT member?

Rocco, please read the whole thing thoroughly. You're literally saying that when you pull out a weapon it is automatically cop bait. Again the rule states "Cop baiting is not allowed. Cop baiting is intentionally breaking the law or annoying a police officer in an attempt to have them arrest/confront you." Yes I intentionally broke a law but there are two parts of this rule, it is breaking the law and then intentionally making the officer attempt to arrest/confront you. I pulled out a weapon (broke the law but it isn't against the rules to break a law) but I didn't intentionally make the officer want to arrest me, that is where intent is coming into place. That is what I'm trying to help you understand.

I have. If you pulled it out and put it away, ok whatever. But you did it in PD lobby, in front of SRT, messed around with it, and had multiple negligent discharges. All in PD lobby. You dont do illegal stuff in PD lobby or in front of gov, period.

Seeing as we never agreed in game, or do we agree now, I suggest we either cease arguing or continue in PMs

How about we all stop arguing and let the community give their +/- supports and allow SMT to make a final decision ^-^

@Rocco_Rex @iReplacinqSTOP ARGUING.

This section is for +|- Supports only. 

DO NOT ARGUE, TAKE IT TOO PMs