Technical Role call

General Pure

The time is here for a good old fashioned role call for technical.  This role call will last from today(11/20/19) to Sunday (12/1/19).  Failure to respond to this role call will result in a removal from the branch. 

All Ranks must respond from JR technicians to technical managers.  This role call is mostly so I can fix our very out of date roster.

Format:

In-game Name:

Are you an FTO/Containment Engineer:

Concerns or ideas for technical branch:

In-game Name: Beanz

Are you an FTO/Containment Engineer: Yes/Yes

Concerns or ideas for technical branch: At this point, my main concern for Technical is player retention-- Keeping people playing in the branch long enough to get promoted, enjoy privileges associated with those promotions, and enjoy a sense of accomplishment with reaching various ranks of technician. Two questions that keeps knocking around in my head related to this are as follows:

1. "How do we make Technical RP/events more enticing for juniors and other low ranking techs so that we stop hearing comments such as "there isn't much to do", and how do we inspire people to stick around and stay active long enough to become Senior techs as well as unlock access to Containment Engineer?"

2.  "How do we make promotions feel like they have more accomplishment associated with them, so that people want to keep playing on the branch and earn more promotions?"

I've been mulling over in my head lately some ideas on how to incentivize people to not only join technical, but stay on and playing it regularly with the same dedication that gets seen in the janitorial & medical branches. I am diligently working to brainstorm ways to improve this aspect of Technical, and will likely be speaking with my fellow command members soon about some of the ideas I've been thinking of  to potentially increase activity for us.

I think the SCP self-breaching mechanics have the potential to tremendously boost our activity & overall RP allure when they are implemented, but i'd still like to continue brainstorming on ways we can personally influence these concerns in the meantime.

Edited by CanOBeanz

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

In-game Name: Blarg

Are you an FTO/Containment Engineer: Neither

Concerns or ideas for technical branch: ladders you can actually climb

SCPRP Former Head Of Medical Staff | "I was hom" | PhD in botching surgeries
ImperialRP Former 69th Medical Corps Senior Commander and Former Commander "What do you mean the patient needs to have a spine to survive?"-Some researcher (probably)  Former ImperialRP Senior Admin
CERTIFIED MEDIC MAIN

In-game Name: Chombos

Are you an FTO/Containment Engineer: Both 

Concerns or ideas for technical branch: We should maybe have a better aspect for juniors to learn and progress as juniors into there Technician state. We should allow people to host mini event time to time to have them experience a ton of new aspects for Technical, We can give them a new experience and have a system where is they do good enough and have a high potential we can promote them(Command+)

Former  E11/R&D Senior Command | Former IMP RP HCMD | Donator | "when you're drunk as fuck, you feel no pain" - Yohan 2022 |

Proxy Rolecall Response filled out for Ploopster due to technical difficulties with the forum. (Requested & Approved by Pure)

In-game Name: Ploopster

Are you an FTO/Containment Engineer: Yes/Yes

Concerns or ideas for technical branch: None at this time

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png