Metal Detector - Denied

Aaron Faustin

What you want to see? - It's called a Metal Detector but it's really a Gun detector and it's really cool.

Why should we add it? - It would add alot more RP to SS than just handcuffing everytime to search. 

What are the advantages of having this? - Okay so it has really cool features i think you guys will like. It displays the weapons the player is holding on a 3D2D screen. Flashes red when illegal weapons are detected. Easily customization list of white listed weapons. Supports ALL default weapons and addon weapons (m9k etc). It Sounds an alarm when illegal weapons are detected and Automatically sets the player to wanted if weapons are detected (can be switched off). Lastly Will flash orange if the player has a gun licence

Who is it mainly for? - Secret Service

Links to any content - https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/advanced-weapon-metal-detector

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments in the replys and ill answer.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JackOG said:

+Support

Way more convientent and realistic then handcuffing someone to see if they have guns

If for some reason it would cause the server lag or any other kinds of issues, I believe it should be accepted

"I feel i should say something profound, like one small step for man; All that i think of to say, is i feel like i have waited for this day for centuries"-Harrison Wells
"You where good son, real good; Maybe even the best."-TF2  | Military RP Spetznaz1st LT United States Sergeant

unnecessary and will cause 100% more lag

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

13 minutes ago, The.Batman (Faustin) said:

Not if I say please. 😉

It would definitely be denied because of lag. Plus it's un-needed because we already have a weapon checker system. Would be 100% pointless to have this. 

Cool idea on paper, but in execution it's pointless. 

• Like 1

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

On 11/17/2019 at 9:03 AM, LuckyGoose said:

+support

It would add more RP, for both FBI and SS.

On 11/17/2019 at 9:46 AM, allanaghgallagher said:

Yeah this would be good for basses and gun stores aswell 

really good idea and it works in some dark rp servers that I’ve played

This would be great for RP on Government and Criminal Jobs alike!

Currently a member of the Support Team, SRT, Dispatcher, EMS, and PD SM.

Former Senior moderator, SWAT, Event Team, Secret Service, DD, and State Police.

On 11/16/2019 at 11:30 PM, JackOG said:

+Support

Way more convientent and realistic then handcuffing someone to see if they have guns

If for some reason it would cause the server lag or any other kinds of issues, I believe it should be accepted

SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS/FR Reserves | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | Ex-PoliceRP Staff | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @EmptiedSkies ❤️

FYI, Secret Service has the weapon Checker SWEP the last time I checked. The reason why we handcuff people is because what stops people from pulling guns from their inventory. While we can call staff, 90% of the time, we won’t have proof and the person who failRPs will claim something else

~Charlie

Just now, Charlie said:

FYI, Secret Service has the weapon Checker SWEP the last time I checked. The reason why we handcuff people is because what stops people from pulling guns from their inventory. While we can call staff, 90% of the time, we won’t have proof and the person who failRPs will claim something else

I don't think you understand, This is to add more RP and a little bit more realism. In real life you don't have some weapon checker and you pull out and use. This would be used inside the WhiteHouse/Court building, This is a Federal Building it's cool to imagine using this to add more RP by setting up a couple tables and then they walk through the scanner before coming in, etc etc.

36 minutes ago, The.Batman (Faustin) said:

I don't think you understand, This is to add more RP and a little bit more realism. In real life you don't have some weapon checker and you pull out and use. This would be used inside the WhiteHouse/Court building, This is a Federal Building it's cool to imagine using this to add more RP by setting up a couple tables and then they walk through the scanner before coming in, etc etc.

We have made Scanners (Around when I originally joined SS) before, however, when we tried RPing it out, people would still do the same thing and take weapons out of their inventory which is why we stopped.

~Charlie

Just now, Charlie said:

We have made Scanners (Around when I originally joined SS) before, however, when we tried RPing it out, people would still do the same thing and take weapons out of their inventory which is why we stopped.

Then if they take weapons out of their inventory after getting through, it would be FailRP.