Use the HEV suit mode for the server - Denied

Seeker (Tavdogg1)

What you want to see? - "Among many smaller changes and improvements, this update brings back the HEV suit functionality from Half-Life 2, including limited flashlight, oxygen and sprint energy. By default the suit systems are disabled, and you can enable this when starting a new game on the panel above "Start Game" button, or while in-game in the Utilities tab in Sandbox's Spawnmenu."

I believe we should have this mode activated on the server.

Why should we add it? - I believe it allows for better balance and more emphasis on strategy when it comes to running, using the flashlight, and more. I believe that this can be able to allow people to outsmart others when it comes to sprinting and put more importance in teamwork, patience, planning, and skill rather than brute force and numbers.

What are the advantages of having this? - This will affect everyone, so it will apply a nerf to everyone, however, this allows people to predict and counter other attacks, or run better when dealing with high numbers of people. If you are being chased by D Class, and you have distance, you may be able to outrun them or prepare for the assault better since they are in a good enough distance. But, if the D Class are close to you, and you are almost out of stamina, then they can have the advantage. This will force people to think when engaging, and allows people to actually plan some good attacks, rather than deal with death because D Class can still run while you are still opening a door. This also applies to some SCPs. If SCPs have escaped, they will have to prioritize trying to lower the other groups stamina before engaging others or having to hide a bit better in order to survive the number of people who are wondering about.

The only issue I can see is when the foundation goes dark, but that doesn't happen too often, and only really happens during events. Plus, that will affect everyone, not just foundation personnel, so CI and D Class will have a bit of a hard time trying to fight as well with the lights being off.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone in every branch.

Links to any content - https://gmod.facepunch.com/blog/november-2019-update/

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

1 minute ago, Max Holland said:

+/- support 

Tbh it would probably just annoy people I mean I wouldn’t be a fan of it becuse I love to free run But it would make the server more realistic in some aspects.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

Personally, free running is what makes the game simple and understandable for new players and makes it more fun. So I don’t think this is a good idea

-Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

5 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

Personally, free running is what makes the game simple and understandable for new players and makes it more fun. So I don’t think this is a good idea

-Support

Yea we don't really need this on the server since everyone is already used to running and it would also make life hell with using the CSGO weapons since those slow you down, also limited flashlight would be the most annyoying thing on SCPRP since you cant see anything with lights turned off.  Would also make GenSecs life hell

Edited by Susel

Susel - Retired MTF person - "Teamwork makes the dream work"

-Support

This could possibly create issues with SCPs, and nerfing sprinting is most likely just going to make people more annoyed than anything. If you're running, you don't want to stop and wait for a bar to refill in a life or death situation. Take this situation as an example: Gensec is standing at the door outside D-Block. If a D-Class decides to sprint for the door and run off, he will have half of his sprint depleted while Gensec will still have full sprint and be able to easily catch up to the D-Class and destroy it.

It's more balanced to just let everyone sprint infinitely as normal. So, I don't support this.

Current Surgical Manager on SCP-RP | NOT INACTIVE | Methbay was an outside job

18 hours ago, Max Holland said:

+/- support 

Tbh it would probably just annoy people I mean I wouldn’t be a fan of it becuse I love to free run But it would make the server more realistic in some aspects.

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

On 11/13/2019 at 5:25 PM, Max Holland said:

+/- support 

Aight I don't approve of this