Cryniixz Ban Appeal SCP-RP

cryniixz'

You must fill out this form in order to be considered for a unban.

Steam Name: cryniixz'

Ingame Name: Cryniixz

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:122227891

Ban Length: 7 Days

Admin that Banned you: Jared Fogle

Reason for Ban: Mass RDA 

Dispute:

To start this off, I'd like to firstly apologize because what I did was still wrong, after I looked at it from the admin's view. However, it is also written in the staff handbook how a player does not need to be punished for their first offense. I have 0 warnings, absolutely none. This was my first offense. I think that alone should be why I shouldn't of been banned. However, when we look at the Staff Handbook you can clearly see "(Mass RDM/RDA) - 10,000 second minge" (or jail) Not only did I have 0 warnings, but I also rather than getting a 10,000 minge (or jail), but a 1 week long ban. That's 2 hours turned into 7 days. The admin that banned me was obviously not following the handbook. To make matters into another hand, the reason I did this, though I was being stupid is because the rule for custom classes to have restraints is written so as it looks like you can restrain D-Class if you want. Reading this I obviously didn't understand the rule correctly (and I explained this to the admin) yet I was still punished. The staff handbook while talking about letting players off with a verbal warning also says "Keep in mind before issuing a punishment that the player may not have known of the rule and did it unknowingly". Finally, out of everyone I restrained all we’re AFK except one guy, though this doesn’t excuse me it also should be factored in.

Though, what I did now I can see was wrong, then it didn't seem as obvious, however i'd still like to apologize. However, after looking at everything:
*2 hour minge (or jail) turned into 7 day ban. (Against staff handbook)

*0 Warnings/First Offense
*Rule written in a manner that made me not understand I was in the wrong until explained differently by the admin
*Everyone restrained was AFK but one guy.

And the fact this probably wont be responded to for at least 2 hours (When the minge (or jail) would be expired) I believe it would only make sense to revoke my ban. It doesn't follow the staff handbook at all.

(The rule for the elastic restraints under custom classes:
Elastic Restraints - $10

Gives ability to restrain SCP/D-class

This is what confused me, I thought it meant I could do it if I pleased, I didn't know it meant I couldn't do that.)

Once Again, I'm sorry.

Good day.

Edited by cryniixz'

Ok, I was the one who had you banned. First of all, the staff handbook is not fully updated as minge is no longer a thing and was turned into ban as well as the time for each punishment was increased. You RDA'd 11 people in lower d block, AFK or not, you shouldn't be doing this what so ever. Also the first offender rule does not apply to someone who mass RDA'ed 11 people. My last point is that even though you weren't supposed to have those restraints, you should know that AS a D-Class custom job, you don't go restraining other d class. Just like how MTF should not cuff each other unless they are misbehaving. 

In Conclusion, I had you banned for 1 week due to the fact that you were in lower d block RDAing people, and 2 people made sits on you saying you were doing this. I came to d block and saw you with a group of cuffed d class, and were continuing to cuff more. I was also told that you did a couple of ARDAs as well. (Though I didn't proof check it which was wrong on my behalf) RDAing 11 people and probably a couple of ARDAs is completely not acceptable and I found it that a 1 week ban is an acceptable punishment for your crime. P.S. I also asked many staff members what they thought would be a valid punishment and they gave the same answer.

• Like 1

I have beat HOS Killaz In minecraft parkour 1v1s any times.

2 minutes ago, Cryolast said:

Ok, I was the one who had you banned. First of all, the staff handbook is not fully updated as minge is no longer a thing and was turned into ban as well as the time for each punishment was increased. You RDA'd 11 people in lower d block, AFK or not, you shouldn't be doing this what so ever. Also the first offender rule does not apply to someone who mass RDA'ed 11 people. My last point is that even though you weren't supposed to have those restraints, you should know that AS a D-Class custom job, you don't go restraining other d class. Just like how MTF should not cuff each other unless they are misbehaving. 

In Conclusion, I had you banned for 1 week due to the fact that you were in lower d block RDAing people, and 2 people made sits on you saying you were doing this. I came to d block and saw you with a group of cuffed d class, and were continuing to cuff more. I was also told that you did a couple of ARDAs as well. (Though I didn't proof check it which was wrong on my behalf) RDAing 11 people and probably a couple of ARDAs is completely not acceptable and I found it that a 1 week ban is an acceptable punishment for your crime. P.S. I also asked many staff members what they thought would be a valid punishment and they gave the same answer.

The custom job thing does not say it's not allowed, so I don't know why you're saying that. Aswell with the owner actually approved the class, which he wouldn't if it wasnt allowed. Like I said, I'm still in the wrong but for the circumstances I still believe a 1 week ban is unjustified. Also a minge is basically the same as jail. Even still, a 2hr ban is a lot less than a 1 week ban.

Two responses in less than three hours, so that's already going against what you predicted. tsk tsk

On a more serious note, the staff handbook serves as a guideline for potential sanction that a staff member can utilize when dealing with a situation, not mandates. Quoting the staff handbook specifically:

"We trust that our staff can deal with Sits/Issues with Fairness, Honesty and common sense. There will not be a guideline for every punishment so it will be up to you the staff member to decide if you are having an issue deciding what the punishment should be asking another staff member. "

"Not all situations require punishments. Some staff may decide to let players off, while others may feel they need to punish. This is the call of the staff member and should be done by a case by case basis."

This essentially gives staff members the discretion to issue sanctions as they deem necessary.

However, given that this was your first offense and that it was an unusual situation of a custom D-Class having restraints I would + Support lowering the ban to 24 hours. 

• Like 1

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

Just now, Rookieblue said:

Two responses in less than three hours, so that's already going against what you predicted. tsk tsk

On a more serious note, the staff handbook serves as a guideline for potential sanction that a staff member can utilize when dealing with a situation, not mandates. Quoting the staff handbook specifically:

"We trust that our staff can deal with Sits/Issues with Fairness, Honesty and common sense. There will not be a guideline for every punishment so it will be up to you the staff member to decide if you are having an issue deciding what the punishment should be asking another staff member. "

"Not all situations require punishments. Some staff may decide to let players off, while others may feel they need to punish. This is the call of the staff member and should be done by a case by case basis."

This essentially gives staff members the discretion to issue sanctions as they deem necessary.

However, given that this was your first offense and that it was an unusual situation of a custom D-Class having restraints I would + Support lowering the ban to 24 hours. 

Thank you, I wont do it again. God bless.

49 minutes ago, cryniixz' said:

The custom job thing does not say it's not allowed, so I don't know why you're saying that. Aswell with the owner actually approved the class, which he wouldn't if it wasnt allowed. Like I said, I'm still in the wrong but for the circumstances I still believe a 1 week ban is unjustified. Also a minge is basically the same as jail. Even still, a 2hr ban is a lot less than a 1 week ban.

Ok, there is a rule against RDA as you read in the handbook. So you know about that rule. So don't loophole as that is also against the rules. I do think that it shouldn't be 1 week. Maybe 2-3 days due to you doing it 11 times. The problem with jail is that if you leave the server it unjails you. So our manager said any jail over 1k seconds to just ban for. So you would've gotten a ban anyways. But +/- support. 

Edited by Chief_
  • Like 1

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

1 minute ago, Chief_ said:

Ok, there is a rule against RDA as you like in the handbook and saw that. So you know about that rule. So don't loophole as that is also against the rule. I do she that it shouldn't be 1 week. Maybe 3-5 days. The problem with jail is that if you leave the server it unjails you. So our manager said any jail over 1k seconds to just ban for. So you would've gotten a ban anyways. But +/- support. 

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it. Even if a ban was needed, wouldn't a 10,000 second ban (the jail punishment time) be the same as a 10,000 second jail time? It's the same length as not being able to play, so there isnt a change. A 1 week ban is very lengthy, but that is my opinion. Thank you! Have a great day!

Just gonna say that bans are staff discretion. Aka its up to staff. But it should be reasonable which I do agree it shouldn't be 1 week.

• Like 1

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

1 minute ago, Cryolast said:

Now that I've had time to think about I would be fine with lowering the amount of ban time. Although 24 hours is in my opinion too low, maybe 2-3 days.

Thank you, I'll take really whatever I can get, as I did break the rules.

+/- Support
I do think that the intent of the punishment was correct but, I don't really think that the punishment should have been a week. Like most people said it's up to staff discretion to give out verbals or actual punishments. I do feel like this ban time needs to be lowered. -Support for a full unban.

• Like 1

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

2 minutes ago, Catsro said:

+/- Support
I do think that the intent of the punishment was correct but, I don't really think that the punishment should have been a week. Like most people said it's up to staff discretion to give out verbals or actual punishments. I do feel like this ban time needs to be lowered. -Support for a full unban.

Thank you for your response, I appreciate the support in the ban time being lowered. Have a great night.

• Like 1