D class radio RP - Denied

Reznov

What you want to see? - The rule that forbids D class from adverting be re worked to they can only advert in specific RP scenarios. A example being having a site staff at gunpoint under fear RP and being able to do /me takes radio and use it accordingly. Now obviously the rule that d class not being able to advert should be still enforced the only way would be able to gain access to the radio advert system is to perform the /me takes radio and or comms device on a site personnel that has a radio. Now of course only the holder of said radio would be able to use it so not all d class in the area start adverting. 

Why should we add it? -  It would allow a gateway of RP for d class that is impossible at the moment.

What are the advantages of having this? - Actually be able to RP as d class instead of just run and gun like usual. A example was today I was in a scenario where a AHOT my self and 8 other d class were held up in the armory. The AHOT was at gunpoint by multiple d class and I did /me takes radio. I then went on to broadcast a message on the foundation channel * that it was already on * and create a hostage situation. Sadly I was then told I am not allowed to advert as d class as its a rule even tho I had a RP reason to do so.

Who is it mainly for? - D class

Links to any content - none

Founder of Reznov

Ok, this is what I say. 

It makes sense. But it can be very mingy. But if you guys don't have restraints and try to strip something you guys have to roll. And I did that with rang and lost so I found nothing. So unless you guys follow that (don't think you guys will get restraints due to possible restraint mingyness and rushing with it)

+/- support

(nothin personnel)

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

-support on the comms part. It would be tottaly overpowered if dclass could just take comms from anyone, since gensec and researchers die in dblock all the time, so taking comms from any foundation would be OP. 

About the FearRP part, just use /y or yell in voice chat "FEARRP" twice or thrice. 

EDIT: In the first part I mean comms AND radio

Edited by SuselMaks

Susel - Retired MTF person - "Teamwork makes the dream work"

+/- Support

Reason: Sure, it will be difficult to keep an eye on, but the idea of some D Class holding someone hostage and demanding something through comms, forcing Foundation staff to act, is a interesting concept and could allow for better roleplay. We should allow staff to tell D Class to stop minging on radio if they are minging on radio, and allow us to OOC punish them if they are minging on radio.

How to improve the post: Pretty good post. Grammer is on point and format remains what it should be.

• Like 1

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

+support

Would add some RP to d-class even during riots and breakouts as they could take a hostage and attempt to use it to bargain for their freedom (that would only be for a high command whose held hostage)
Would have to have some restrictions in place like no taking off of dead bodies

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

4 hours ago, Alex B (Tavdogg11) said:

+/- Support

Reason: Sure, it will be difficult to keep an eye on, but the idea of some D Class holding someone hostage and demanding something through comms, forcing Foundation staff to act, is a interesting concept and could allow for better roleplay. We should allow staff to tell D Class to stop minging on radio if they are minging on radio, and allow us to OOC punish them if they are minging on radio.

How to improve the post: Pretty good post. Grammer is on point and format remains what it should be.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

7 hours ago, Alex B (Tavdogg11) said:

+/- Support

+support

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

4 hours ago, BuckBe said:

@SuselMaks you wouldn't be allowed to take it off of dead personnel, the  radio would have been damaged in the combat.

Okay thag changes things, but my opinion is that it can only be taken under FearRP

Susel - Retired MTF person - "Teamwork makes the dream work"

9 hours ago, Alex B (Tavdogg11) said:

+/- Support

Just gonna mention something. You can't steal it off trainees or trainers. Also, to  fear-rp someone you will need to use a gun and if they have a gun out or is 3 people. 2 is they don't have a gun out.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

-support, i don't see how this would improve rp in any sort of way.
It would just insite more frequent riots and degrade the rp for those want to research and be researched on

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

On 11/11/2019 at 10:58 AM, Ritz said:

+support

Would add some RP to d-class even during riots and breakouts as they could take a hostage and attempt to use it to bargain for their freedom (that would only be for a high command whose held hostage)

Former DHOS

Current GENSEC LTCOL - Deputy Head Juggernaut - HIRU 

On 11/13/2019 at 4:42 PM, Jakub said:

-support, i don't see how this would improve rp in any sort of way.
It would just insite more frequent riots and degrade the rp for those want to research and be researched on

On 11/14/2019 at 10:07 AM, MysticDN said:

-Support 
D-Class are already OP as it is, this would only make things harder for GenSec since they can barely hold their own during riots sometimes

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

+Support

The class D deal with problems involving heavy GenSec and MTF presence in LCZ, I feel like they deserve the right to FearRP away a radio and use it, it doesn’t seem fair for all of MTF and GenSec to communicate everywhere class D are, and yet D class can’t communicate it back on any kind of comma.

Concept is something I dig 100%. Been in a few Hostage situations during downtime and it makes for some interesting RP. 

Few downsides. Mainly of how people are kidnapped and method of stealing Radios. Im guessing Radio's are stolen VIA /me when a guard is nearby. And while this usually may be alright. It would be easily abused with no way (staff side) to figure out if it was valid or not. Example, walking up to a AFK guard and do /me Steals radio. Or perhaps walk up to any MTF or Foundation and doing the same command and slipping by. It's too easy. Another issue is the amusement of having the Radios. I can already see D-Class hiding in the lower cells with a Radio blurting whatever comes in their mind generally being a nonsense to the foundation without a Hostage and the Foundation with no method to stop them. Another issue (racking up here), is the methods of kidnapping. Kidnaps in RP are rare and are generally well done thanks to experienced D-class but adding this is going to cause them to become more frequent. New D-Class or mingey ones are going to do Kidnapping raids and it will spiral out of control.  Staff sits are going to be increased dramatically with rules such as 'fear rp', 'power gaming' and similar rules are going to clash with this suggestion and someone is going to walk away unhappy.

D-Class thinking is rather simple and easy to predict. For the most part, there is only one thing D-Class want to do "ESCAPE, ESCAPE, ESCAPE, KILL GUARD,  KILL GUARD, SCREAM, SCREAM, SCREAM (not saying this is for everyone, more focused towards the other side of behaviour of D-Class). However, the addition of radios given how easy it is compared to the current existing options and entertaining is going to shift their attention to 'STEAL RADIO, STEAL RADIO, STEAL RADIO, FAILRP, FAILRP, CALL STAFF'. Only to be let down when Staff can't prove anything.

While I dig the concept on paper, unfortunately it would be more trouble then its worth to add. Im more then happy to change my opinion if rule additions prevent these issues from occurring.

- Support

Edited by Train Overlord
  • Like 1

Nothing special here, move on.

On 11/11/2019 at 2:38 AM, Chief_ said:

Ok, this is what I say. 

It makes sense. But it can be very mingy. But if you guys don't have restraints and try to strip something you guys have to roll. And I did that with rang and lost so I found nothing. So unless you guys follow that (don't think you guys will get restraints due to possible restraint mingyness and rushing with it)

+/- support

insert cliched signature 

On 11/11/2019 at 10:58 AM, Ritz said:

+support

RETINA BURN BOI

On 11/11/2019 at 4:50 AM, Alex B (Tavdogg11) said:

+/- Support

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

On 11/11/2019 at 8:58 AM, Ritz said:

+support

[SCPRP]
Retired Security Captain