SCP-1048 "Senses Test"

Jazbub

//-----------------------------------------------------------------//

Form Title: [SCP-1048] ~ Research (11/9/2019)

Clearance Level: Clearance Level 2

List of Personnel involved in testing: Security CPL MexicanGuy, and God Ferda

Level D personnel involved: Gully

SCP:  SCP-1048

Errors and/or safety hazards: Everyone who was in on the experiment did as ordered and planned. However, there was a few complications with members of GENSEC, Safe Class SCPs, etc interrupting. 

Question: Could SCP-1048 still locate a persons ear even with its senses blocked? Considering it has an appearance of a teddy bear, but somehow walks and moves is it somewhat human? Does it carry the same senses as a human would such as sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste? Does its immense fascination with ears could it still locate a ear even with its "senses" taken.

Background Research: It tends to use sight to our observation to move around as humans do.

Hypothesis: If we take away 1048's senses one by one whilst trying to find an ear, then 1048 will use its other senses to locate the person and inevitably the ear.

Analysis/Conclusion: A random Class D who was a willing participant came with me to the testing chamber. We then proceeded to put 1048 and the Class D (restrained due to possible tampering) across from each other. I started taking senses away from 1048 and pulling it across the room in different areas to try to locate the Class D. 1048 seemed to possess some inherent ability with no sight and the room as silent as a crypt managed to find the Class D. Due to safety reasons we had 1048 just tug on what it thought was the ear of the Class D. We took away the senses multiple times first sight, then smell, and finally hearing. Each time 1048 proved to locate the Class D. However, on the last try it didn't locate the Class D, but the Security Guard. In science I nodded for the SEC to let it happen. When 1048 found the ear it proceeded to cut it off. 1048 was contained and the Class D was brought back to D Block. The Security was sent to the med-bay with his ear in hand to have it reattached. 

Do your results align with your hypothesis?: The testing did not prove to be aligned with my hypothesis considering that 1048 possess some inherent ability to locate a person, and an ear with no senses. Which only proves that more testing should be done to figure out how and why. 

Edited by Jazbub