To all Administrative Staff Members.

nwtjustin

I am writing this for not just myself, but for all the other people who have been trying to apply for Staff.

We all have been wanting to apply for staff and we understand that we make errors and there are some things we don't know. But the feedback we are getting is really hurtful and has been bringing a lot of people down. All I ask for Staff members is to just be more supportive and understand that new people who are looking to work for Staff, is to be more supportive and just have an understanding of what the person is getting at.

Thank you. And if you have any questions, regarding this please let me know through an email.

Locked & Loaded

tenor.gif

Hello Justin. I myself have been part of the community since January. I have been a Moderator on two different servers. I would like to say that it's not only what the staff members say. But other members of our community. All +Supports or -Supports should have a valid reason explaining why you gave them this support and also CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism on how to improve. Whether it be Behavior, Errors in their application or other reasons. With the influx of new people wanting to be staff, we are going to have to be more strict. Thanks for taking the time to put this forward and I hope I've cleared things up with you.

Edited by KyleTheOne

Smartest Lad Here ~ Research Supervisor and  EC Commander Kyle

All players want whats best for the server, and are in no way trying to make you feel down, but are trying to show you some things that you can work on so you can become the position you want to become.

world things GIF
『Retired Head of Staff on ImperialRP』

I completely agree... the first time I applied for staff in early 2018 was completely brutal... howeveer I have gotten over it but at that time, I just pushed through the mean comments and kept working harder  to imrpove myself. Look at me now, im staff for the third time and im a senior mod

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

If you believe specific feedback that you're receiving crosses the line from constructive to disrespectful, report the content for a forum diplomat to review. This is the best way to ensure that specific incidents are properly addressed.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

The reason you were getting some criticism from us is due to you constantly editing and deleting and reposting applications despite being told not to. This caused a problem for the forum diplomats and staff members giving their opinions too.

And as Kyle said with the new influx of staff we look for what more you could bring to the table in comparison to others so it is a little more stricter now. I hope you understand.

Edited by [GL] Zeus
Minor grammar errors

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

You don't grow from support, you grow from criticism, and frankly, if you can't handle the criticism of the staff applications you cannot handle being staff.

Currently a member of the Support Team, SRT, Dispatcher, EMS, and PD SM.

Former Senior moderator, SWAT, Event Team, Secret Service, DD, and State Police.

It's how this community works my man. To become staff you have to have good community feedback. Well... the community did not want you to become staff for a lot of reasons. If you upset or hurt the whole community as a whole or if they don't seem your fit, how do you expect to provide voluntary work for them. 

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

4 minutes ago, Calamity said:

It's how this community works my man. To become staff you have to have good community feedback. Well... the community did not want you to become staff for a lot of reasons. If you upset or hurt the whole community as a whole or if they don't seem your fit, how do you expect to provide voluntary work for them. 

Staff work comes with a lot of ups and downs and you have to face a lot of criticism as you are the players consequence. If a little bit of negative criticism affects you I frankly don’t believe you are a good fit for staff. You need to take whatever comes you way and deal with it and move on and try to best you can be.

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

The things that we ask for and require for our staff applicants is what we need for our server to operate fairly and according as planned. It is necessary for our staff members to be completely qualified, when we leave "hurtful" things we dont mean to bring people down, but to bring possible errors to light. We do this so that you understand, and if you get denied, you can correct your errors in a new application later down the road.

• Bread locked this topic