Earl's Research Resignation

Schölinger

Honestly, it's been an honor serving with you guys. A number of things have contributed to this decision, most of which shouldn't involve you guys, but I'll get into some of it.

The main thing is stress. Managing this stuff has been chaotic, so I figured it would be nice to step down and go on reserves for a while. I'll be focusing on CI RND during that time, as their tests are much more open and there is less to manage. In fact, I'm sorry to say, they tend to be more mature than our branch. I've dealt with a number of stressing factors as a Command here, not just from our branch but from other branches too. I have special gripes against the gunslinging branches, and I often feel as if the server is dying. In CI, I can stay away from the Foundation. That was most of my intent. I get to exercise a bit of revenge here. But that really isn't the main point.

In September, I found out a close friend of mine had LCH, a rare form of cancer that had developed in his brain. At the same time, I was going through the crushing realization that my grandfather was on his deathbed, and I was in the midst of a move where I would have to abandon not just him, but the rest of my friends too. That weight has not left my shoulders and is not going to, but being here has definitely help. I have nothing but thanks for the wonderful people that helped shape my experience here, and I fully intend on staying.

But not here, not now. Research has become too much. I care for our branch, but I am losing the energy to take care of my responsibilities.

Until another time,

Earl

Edited by Schölinger
  • Sad 1

Current: Goofball

Former: RnD Delta Command, Foundation Doctor, RFA Agent, RRH Analyst

First it was SS1,

then it was Freeman,

then Trevdec,

now earl.

A list of people who have helped me grow within research. People who have given me advise, courage, determination within the Research Division (Trevdec has given me advise multiple times that has helped me which is why he is part of this list) and have inspired me to grow. Earl even though you are only leaving research please know that you are leaving as one of my hero's  within the Research Division. A hero who has helped me, and who has given me the will to continue my growth within this Division.

I truly hope you find your calling within the Gaminglight community. 

From your friend.
W

• Like 1

Research Administrator W