Server Weapon rework - Denied

Icarus

continuing on the higher damage is fun! it makes people take cover and building forts is so much more important. also it makes bullshit (like 3+ awp rounds into a head (E11 redacted)) no occur as much! if a gun does 40 dmg per shot instead of 20 you HAVE to take cover unless you want to get minced

RETINA BURN BOI

On 10/31/2019 at 8:39 PM, John Buck said:

+ support

Most gunfights are wack in my opinion. You are just running and jumping around each other and to kill someone takes two full mags most of time.

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

On 11/12/2019 at 2:16 PM, Igneous said:

Am I just supposed to magically know which weapons need to be changed?

Think its more like the fact that a lot of the weapons in the classes of TFA have an average damage of, from what I tested, around 500 (besides really shiet weapons) i know itll take you a bit so id say have some fun with it. Like this weapon will do a lot of damage but low fire rate and maybe even bad accuracy, or hey ok this weapon is super accurate with decent fire rate but its downfall may be damage. I wont say do a whole update thatll take years but in whatever free time and you want to screw around a little just mess with some stats and maybe pull some people in for a test (youll get a good or bad reaction from us quickly if you make any changes official)

insert cliched signature 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 1:16 PM, Igneous said:

Am I just supposed to magically know which weapons need to be changed?

A solution could be to open a weapon change suggestion sub-forum specifically for weapon changes. This would allow you to know what weapons need to be changed, without clogging up the normal suggestions forum. It could be in a format like this:

Weapon (ex. tfa_AK47)
What part of the weapon should be changed

Why (in detail with examples)

Edited by Ritz

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

13 hours ago, Ritz said:

A solution could be to open a weapon change suggestion sub-forum specifically for weapon changes. This would allow you to know what weapons need to be changed, without clogging up the normal suggestions forum. It could be in a format like this:

Weapon (ex. tfa_AK47)

Well if I were to do that everybody who got killed by a weapon would be like "Well thats just overpowered" and then suggest to nerf it, or people would just ask for the guns they used to be buffed. There is no good way to do this.

big cat running GIF

That would be the main problem. But the part that states the reason would hopefully deter that, a thing that could be added would be a "similar guns that this weapon overshadows" category, or something like that.  This would add some extra thought as it could be more helpful to buff another weapon. This would work for the vice versa of buffing and under powered weapon, which this category could show a problem that may stem from a OP weapon overshadowing this one. 

so a revised format could be: 

Weapon (ex. tfa_AK47)

Similar weapons that this weapon outshines(weapon nerf) or is overshadowed (weapon buff)

This would help show if the change is really needed, there is most likely a weapon that it outshines. 
The last idea I'll input is that there should be a minimum waiting period of about 1-3 days to see the communities response to the suggested change. If it is really big within the first day with an overwhelming side then you should test it yourself and then make a verdict. 

hope this helps

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

On 10/31/2019 at 5:39 PM, John Buck said:

+ support

Most gunfights are wack in my opinion. You are just running and jumping around each other and to kill someone takes two full mags most of time.

[SCPRP]
Retired Security Captain

On 11/30/2019 at 10:29 PM, Ritz said:

That would be the main problem. But the part that states the reason would hopefully deter that, a thing that could be added would be a "similar guns that this weapon overshadows" category, or something like that.  This would add some extra thought as it could be more helpful to buff another weapon. This would work for the vice versa of buffing and under powered weapon, which this category could show a problem that may stem from a OP weapon overshadowing this one. 

so a revised format could be: 

Weapon (ex. tfa_AK47)

Similar weapons that this weapon outshines(weapon nerf) or is overshadowed (weapon buff)

This would help show if the change is really needed, there is most likely a weapon that it outshines. 
The last idea I'll input is that there should be a minimum waiting period of about 1-3 days to see the communities response to the suggested change. If it is really big within the first day with an overwhelming side then you should test it yourself and then make a verdict. 

hope this helps

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

This post is about fine-tuning weapon balance, not a blanket damage change that will leave the good weapons even better, while the mediocre weapons get left behind.

Note: Igneous already denied a suggestion like that over a month ago

Edited by Ritz

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

I believe this is one of those suggestions that is really going to get a lot for time to be worked on both while it's up and after it's done, such as Self Breaching that has been added recently. I am hoping that we may add this extreme buff, but we have to work out the issues and work on it over time.

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

I believe a system where we can submit weapons for a change with a valid reason would be better than a overall weapon buff, because the proposed overall damage change is one that would literally double ranged weapon damage, that would make d-class unbalanced as all hell. They would get shredded while the tiny population of people with cc's would have weapons that could 3 shot Gensec. 
My main disagreement for the weapon damage change is d-block would be super un-balanced.

Edited by Ritz

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

12 hours ago, Ritz said:

I believe a system where we can submit weapons for a change with a valid reason would be better than a overall weapon buff, because the proposed overall damage change is one that would literally double ranged weapon damage, that would make d-class unbalanced as all hell. They would get shredded while the tiny population of people with cc's would have weapons that could 3 shot Gensec. 
My main disagreement for the weapon damage change is d-block would be super un-balanced.

|Ex-Omi9 MAJ ||E-11 CPT|| Ex-SCPRP Senior Mod|

• 4 weeks later...

1. I'm not changing the damage multiplier at this time.

2. If you wish for individual guns to be changed, submit a suggestion SPECIFICALLY outlining what you want to happen to it. I'm not going to individually check every weapon on the server and figure out which need balancing.

big cat running GIF