Should I be staff?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be staff?

• Yes! Comment why.
    • No! Comment why.

What is your in-game name?: Yobo

What is your steam name?: Yobo

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:96930298

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain): I used to staff way beyond gaminglight, back in the glory days of Minecraft. As well as dabbling in a TTT server. I have been staff twice on Gaminglight. First time was almost a year an a bit ago before I got deployed. And second time was January up until a couple months ago when I transferred too 1944 amd then duel staffed on MilRP and then quit entirely to focus on work.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly): Honestly on other applications I have put dates, but scrolling through screenshots I've learned it's all a lie. So on this fact I'll simply say roughly 2017

What date did you make your forums account?: May 25, 2018

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)?: VIP+

How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)?:

unknown.png 

Have you donated?: Yes, Alot.

What rank are you applying for?: Trial Moderator

Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)?: Negative. Unless you count being a Naval Seamanship instructor in real life as one.

Have you read the staff guidelines at You will be tested on it : Yes. as well reading the MOTD. 

Timezone: NZDT

Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): Not Applicable 

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum): Honestly, I have been pondering over applying for staff since the day I resigned. With recent life events and my attidude PoliceRP I want to give staffing another ago too see if it really is for me.

To start this off!

I transferd from PoliceRP too 1944RP because of interaction issues I had with the new staff members. Shortly after transferring was when I realized that those issues were entirely personal and somehow managed to wriggle from my day too day life into my Gaming life. Besides that short backstory....

I believe that I deserve the rank of Trial Moderator because I believe that I am a good if not a great asset towards the Gaminglight PoliceRP staff team. Why do I believe I am a "Great asset towards the staff team?" 

Experience. Alot of new Trial moderators lack this. Sure they have experience in the community and have built up a player reputation, but not every new applicant has had recent experience in staffing on GL PoliceRP. With my experience I am fluent with the commands as well as the new and updated Billy's Logs. Not only do I have a great understanding on the staffing regulations but I have a even greater understanding on the servers rules and how to enforce them.

Understanding. I have a good understanding of how people can be on the server, whether being young wild and free or being mature and calm I have an understanding of the players of Police RP. With this understanding it helps and assists me with the day too day interaction with other users.

Maturity. I am currently serving in the Royal New Zealand Navy. Being In the military has added someone great benefits, not only am I mature but I have an understanding of the wild wild world and its war experiences using this  I can apply it to day to day situations and server situations to benefit on either party.

Reputation. I would like to say I have a great reputation within Police RP community, I am the longest serving active Police Command Member, Ex EMS Chief(Was Deployed), Current State Major and CERT Commander, Dispatch Director. Using these command positions I can not only deal with staff situations but I can have some input and enlighten people when they have corresponding questions to any department on topic.

I could go on and on listing some good attributes towards why I believe I should be Staff but I am going to finish off with my timezone. My current timezone is NZDT, My Sunday 10am is Saturday 5pm EST. using this information you will understand that I can handle the late night shift. I work 12 hour shifts depending on my business. Either 4am - 4pm or 8am - 4pm. Either ither I am still on when the server restarts as that is only 9pm for myself. As I recently noticed there is hardly anyone on at this time to deal with the people mingeing... No longer! If I become staff I will be able to deal with these people and make late lights enjoyable. 

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

People always seem to refer to the staff handbook and give a textbook answer. I am going to give you an answer of what I would do.

If I bring someone to a sit after they recently went on a Mass RDM spree and all they want to do is cuss me out. The first thing I would do is make sure that the sit isn't near a group of people so others can not interfere (Roof or Such), I would then jail the person so it limits the risk of them opening fire. Once jailed I will explain to them why they are Jailed and why they are brought too the sit. If they cuss over me whilst I am explaining I will wait for them to finish. If they keep going on and on and start getting more and more offensive I will then ask them "Are you finished? and start explaining to them why the cannot be presenting them self in this manner especially towards a staff member. If they fail to cooperate with me and keep being rude and swearing I would back away so the reporter and myself can not hear them. I then would check logs and gather evidence to see if they did mass rdm. I would then return to see if they have calmed down. If they have not I will then check their warns too see if they have been previously warned for any related events. Once I have checked their warns I will warn them for Mass RDM, NCWS, Player / Staff Dis. If this isn't their first offensive I would handle their punishment in correspondence with the staff handbook and guidelines.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my application. Also, Regarding my activity: Recently I have been LOA.

God Speed! ~Yobo The Hobo

Untitled-2.png.340348ae20671cd9033dba833d191c9e.png

37 minutes ago, Charlie said:

+Support

What an application

Plenty of experience 

Very trusted

Active (when not on LOA)

Good Luck

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

1 hour ago, Charlie said:

+Support

What an application

Plenty of experience 

Very trusted

Active (when not on LOA)

Good Luck

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Bandit99 said:

+Support

What an application

Plenty of experience 

Very trusted

Active (when not on LOA)

Good Luck

I completely agree, good luck! 

• Thanks 1

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

21 minutes ago, [GL] Joe Mama said:

+Support

• Yobo is active, friendly, mature, and a great guy. He has prior staffing experience with us and has made a great application. I feel he definitely deserves a shot to be staff again.

Good Luck! ~ Joe Mama

• Thanks 1

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

21 minutes ago, [GL] Joe Mama said:

+Support

• Yobo is active, friendly, mature, and a great guy. He has prior staffing experience with us and has made a great application. I feel he definitely deserves a shot to be staff again.

Good Luck! ~ Joe Mama

Good Luck Yobo - ToxicWolf

• Thanks 1

ToxicWolf~ State Police Captain 1H08CERT SM  1CT37 Moderator

- Support

-In my experience, he's extremely toxic (about as toxic as Valkyrie was) to people who don't agree with him.

-He can't take criticism (like, at all)

+Extremely well known, and definitely knows the rules

All in all, he does have the potential, but he simply won't be able to keep calm with constant minges. This is a bad quality to have.

Edited by Ryan The Epic Guy

1 minute ago, Ryan The Epic Guy said:

- Support

-In my experience, he's extremely toxic to people who don't agree with him.

All in all, he does have the potential, but he simply won't be able to keep calm with constant minges. This is a bad quality to have.

Thats because you're a minge yourself and cause the server to die and not have RP. Hello! Wake up shall you.

1 hour ago, Ryan The Epic Guy said:

- Support

-In my experience, he's extremely toxic (about as toxic as Valkyrie was) to people who don't agree with him.

| PoliceRP Moderator | PD LT | USMS SVSA |

Maddog, that is very unacceptable. I think yobo would be a great addition. But there is some work to be done not allot but with the anger side. I think he deserves a shot at staff. 

+Support  ☆Reaperlite☆

Edited by ReaperLite

• Head Admin
On 10/27/2019 at 9:29 PM, [GL] Joe Mama said:

+Support

Good Luck! ~ Joe Mama

Good luck Yobo!

Edited by Will (WTLM2013)

Forklift_Signature.png

Minor +Support

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Extremely well-known
  • Experienced
  • Mature
  • Active

• Responded to own application 

• Allegedly cannot take criticism well (Not my opinion, just what I've heard.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over my time on GamingLight, I have had a preconceived notion that you were SMT, I don't know why, but you seem like that type of person, I was kind of shocked to see this application here. I wish you great luck! 🙂 

Edited by utetwo
Changed opinion

Currently a member of the Support Team, SRT, Dispatcher, EMS, and PD SM.

Former Senior moderator, SWAT, Event Team, Secret Service, DD, and State Police.