SCP-999 Drug Resistance Test

Valentine_

Form Title: SCP-999 ~ Research 10/20/2019 (Addendum 999.1): 10/22/2019. 

Clearance Level:

List of Personnel involved in testing: Junior Researcher John Black (myself), Security JRCF Sergeant Anti Flame, (Addendum 999.1) SO Bruhhhhh

Level D personnel involved: 1 2

SCP: 999

Errors and/or safety hazards: D-class will be subjected to stimulants.

Question: Do SCP-999's anti-depressant and sedative properties affect people on stimulants?

Background Research: SCP-999 has a jelly-like property and can induce euphoria if touched.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypothesis: SCP-999 will not be able to sedate and induce euphoria on a subject under the influence.

Observation/Visual Stimuli(Photos/videos):

D-001 being introduced to SCP-999 during drug-induced hysteria. The subject was hostile and speaking gibberish:

blobby.JPG.dd438cb0f851e5d52933e9a182b0e1f5.JPG

SCP-999 attempting to hug subject (second time):

blobby2.JPG.6dbbb9080495c0ceafc25bd0b1677c5a.JPG

Addendum 999.1:

D-002 reacting psychotically after ingesting 3 oz of SCP-999 and being injected with stimulants:

drug2.JPG.a214d545eadcbf71c969e49bd6aa866e.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test Log (conducted 10/20/2019): 

D-001: D-class was brought into the safe testing chamber with SCP-999. He was administered Dextroamphetamine and restrained by security. After allowing time to pass, D-001 entered into a psychotic state and SCP-999 was asked to hug him. After two attempted hugs, D-001 showed zero response to SCP-999's special properties and attempted to assault SCP-999. Testing was ended and D-001 was taken to the med bay for amnestics and medical aid. 

Addendum 999.1 (conducted 10/22/2019):

D-002: D-class was brought into the safe testing chamber and administered equivalent amount of Dextroamphetamine as D-001. However, D-002 was forced to imbibe 3 oz of SCP-999s jelly. The following recording was taken during D-002's testing.

[BEGIN RECORDING]

JR Black: Alright, about five minutes have passed. How do you feel?

D-002: A little weird. (Shifts uncomfortably in the background of the recording)

JR Black: A little weird? (Checks clipboard and scribbles something down) How weird would you say on a scale of 1-to-10? 1 being sober, 10 being absolutely tweaking.

D-002: An 8.

JR Black: An 8? that's not a little weird, that's fairly high.

SO Bruhhh: I think he said 'A'

JR Black: What? I thought he said '8'. Did you say 8 or A?

D-002: 8.

JR Black: Yea, see. 8.

[END RECORDING]

Approximately 10 minutes after injection, D-002 began to act increasingly psychotic and hostile, showing zero reaction to the 3 oz of SCP-999 he ingested. SCP-999 attempted to hug him but was rebuffed by D-002, who declared he was going to "kill" SCP-999. D-002 was taken to the medical bay for amnestics and treatment.

Analysis and Conclusion:

Although SCP-999 has the special property to induce euphoria on anything he touches, it appears that subjects under the influence of stimulants become immune to this. This information gives us insight that SCP-999's properties may interact chemically and thus may be harnessed for use. Furthermore, SCP-999 may not be able to contain other SCP's if they are under the influence as well, but that would require separate cross-testing.

Addendum 999.1: 

After a fellow researcher suggested making a d-class imbibe SCP-999 to test the drug suppression effect (fantastic suggestion, by the way.) I took it upon myself to test this. Testing revealed that imbibing at least 3 oz of SCP-999 did nothing to counteract the stimulants.

Do your results align with your hypothesis?:

Yes, it did. I gave SCP-999 two opportunities to "hug" D-001 and neither of them caused the latter to calm down or counteract the drugs in his system. 

Addendum 999.1:

It has come to my attention that subjects who are under the influence of stimulants not only seem immune to SCP-999's sedative and euphoric effect but actually display increased hostility towards SCP-999. In both scenarios, the D-class involved attempted to attack SCP-999 and expressed an urge to kill it. This is a potentially distressing result and may require further testing.

Note: Addendum 999.1 was recommended by Schölinger, and the credit for the idea to ingest SCP-999 goes to them.

Approved by the Director of Research and Security and the Head of Research. For use in Site-05.

Secure,

Contain,

And Protect. 

Edited by Torchie
Added Addendum 999.1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

This is an important test, as it helps us to understand SCP-999’s capabilities of containment and recontainment in the future.  You’ve formatted your document well, and show few to no errors when it comes to grammar and spelling. I’m thoroughly impressed, and the only thing I would have recommended would be to get the D Class to ingest some of SCP-999’s slime. This would allow SCP-999’s properties to have a more direct influence on his system. Perhaps something to experiment with in the future!

Current: Goofball

Former: RnD Delta Command, Foundation Doctor, RFA Agent, RRH Analyst