Dr. Watkin

Name: Dr Original 

Clearance Level: 2

List of Personnel involved in testing: Lead Researcher Illager,  2 MTF Personal

Amount of D class involved: N/A

SCP: 939

Errors and/or safety hazards: Toxic gases/Potential to breach

Question: Does gas such as mustard gas affect 939

Background Research: SCP-939 are endothermic, pack-based predators which display atrophy of various systems similar to troglobitic organisms. The skins of SCP-939 are highly permeable to moisture and translucent red, owing to a compound chemically similar to hemoglobin. SCP-939 average 2.2 meters tall standing upright and weigh an average of 250 kg, though weight is highly variable. Each of their four limbs end in three-fingered claws with a fourth, opposable digit, and are covered in setae which considerably augment climbing ability. Their heads are elongated, devoid of even vestigial eyes or eye sockets, and contain no brain casing. The jaws of SCP-939 are lined with red, faintly luminescent fang-like teeth, similar to those belonging to specimens of the genus Chauliodus, up to 6 cm in length, and encircled by heat-sensitive pit organs. Eye spots, sensitive to light and dark, run the length of their spiny dorsal ridges. SCP-939 do not possess many vital organ systems; central and peripheral nervous systems, circulatory system, and digestive tract are all absent. SCP-939's respiratory system is atrophied and serves no apparent purpose beyond spreading AMN-C227. 

Hypothesis: I Believe that 939 will inhale the gas which will damage the lungs of 939,  The best interest of this test is to temporarily disable SCP 939, or stop AMN-C227 from being spread.

Observation and Analysis: When mustard gas was administered, SCP 939 seemed to being to act irritated and began to become more aggressive, jumping at the observation deck. After about a minute though the test, 939 began to scream unintelligibly and turned to lay on its back presumably to try to hide its head from the gas. After the gas dispersed, SCP 939 looked to have yellow boils on its back. After thirty minutes, A sample of air was sealed in a biohazard bag then taken to the medical bay to be tested on. The medical tests showed that the air had not been changed AMN-C227 presents in the air. After further observation, SCP 939s boils began to grow, and after approximately five minutes after observation, burts presumably releasing AMN-C227 or reminisce of mustard gas that got stuck under the skin of 939  into the air. Proper containment cleaning units were then called to clean the unknown substance from the air.

Observation/Visual Stimuli(Photos/videos): N/A

Conclusion: This test has been very insightful into how 939 could be contained in the near future. This test is to be researched further, with permission, as this environment was closed and the foundation currently does not know what would happen if SCP 939 reacted with mustard gas outside of containment or in the middle of a hunt. I would recommend if any iterations of 939 come into contact with the gas, they be quarantined due to the unknown spores that released from SCP 939 boils.

Do your results align with your hypothesis?: Results of the test have shown that mustard gas could theoretically be used to temporarily disable 939, but should not be used as the initial reaction to the gas was increased aggressiveness toward foundation personal. SCP 939 was not prohibited from spreading AMN-C227 at all during this test but further testing is advised as this discovery could change 939s class from Keter to Euclid.

Approved by the Director of Research and head of Research. 

For use in Site-05

Secure

Contain

And Protect

Edited by Dr. Rem

Former Research Administrator/OR1 Dr. Watkin

This is a very well-made test and a interesting one too. I like the amount of detail you put in this test and the effort in it. I love the fact how you discovered another possible way to temporarily disable 939. No errors were in this test and I also like the fact that you put the necessary information for background research. Keep up the good work and pull off more tests like this.

Former  

70672632_Untitled(15).png.7d232f74c3ac9624b835990cffc361e8.png

"Foundation Doctor and a Medical Doctor are 2 god damn different things." -Light   "Can you heal me."-Entire Foundation   "Ok Sophia"-Arium

On 10/22/2019 at 10:28 AM, The Light said:

This is a very well-made test and a interesting one too. I like the amount of detail you put in this test and the effort in it. I love the fact how you discovered another possible way to temporarily disable 939. No errors were in this test and I also like the fact that you put the necessary information for background research. Keep up the good work and pull off more tests like this.

I can fully agree with this statement Light has made. This test is very well thought of and well made and executed. Keep up the great work, I have high hopes for your Original.

Smartest Lad Here ~ Research Supervisor and  EC Commander Kyle