Truenorth City Worforce! - Denied

John Kyle

Is this a good idea that you would like to see?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this could imrpove role-play?

• Yes
    • No

What you want to see? - Trunorth City Workforce Job.

Why should we add it? - I propose a city worker job for an RP aspect, I have already started a group and discord called TCW (Truenorth City Workers) and its all about RP working as a public city worker. We stay within the city and outskirt road, we have done RP city work such as replacing sidewalks, pipes under the road, A/C units, checking on the "PD power generator", and other small projects. I love this idea and believe that it would add RP aspects to the server. This will consist of very few jobs to reduce lag, Worker, Manager and Foreman. The skins for worker and manager would be a skin with a hardhat and reflective vest, and the Foreman would have the same but a different color on the helmet or vest. The cars can always just stay as the base cars the server already has but I would love to have a white truck with yellow ELS hazard lights. The rules and SOPs would be made to make sure that people do not abuse these powers and do not minge with the job. It would be a neutral class so no firearms would be allowed, however being robbed/kidnapped would because that's just realism. The weapons for the job would be basic, anything a city worker might have (chainsaw, saw, sledgehammer) and the members would not be able to attack other people or risk demotion/strike/removal. I would really love to see this implemented since I already have it running as a "family" and have gotten quite a few people interested. If this would be implemented I would make sure that it is run in a good orderly manner and make sure people don't abuse tools/vehicles/power. They would have the trunk access for cones and signs to make lane changes so that we can RP work on roads, the ELS (if allowed) hazard lights would be to guide people through construction and to make seeing us easier. The skin on the vehicle can be basic white, or a logo my friend @utetwo made for me. It is basic and the files would be small so almost no lag would be added to the server. I will fully respect SMT decisions and any changes they see fit for server optimization and would greatly appreciate if they took this into consideration. Thank you all! 

What are the advantages of having this? - Better roleplay, the realism of a working city with workers who keep it running.

Who is it mainly for? - Any person who would like to roleplay being a hard worker of Truenorth and wants to add to peoples experience.

Links to any content - Will add to a reply when I find suitable playermodels and vehicle.

Edited by John Kyle
  • Like 1

(This post may be biased based upon previous experiences)

Major +support 

This would greatly increase role-play, and would be a fun class to play. It would expand the range of RP opportunities in the server, and create a more interactive environment.

Currently a member of the Support Team, SRT, Dispatcher, EMS, and PD SM.

Former Senior moderator, SWAT, Event Team, Secret Service, DD, and State Police.

10 hours ago, utetwo said:

(This post may be biased based upon previous experiences)

Major +support 

This would greatly increase role-play, and would be a fun class to play. It would expand the range of RP opportunities in the server, and create a more interactive environment.

• Head Admin

While I will give this a +Support, that still doesn't tell me that people will RP as this. While I have seen people RP as this in the past week, I don't think people will choose to play this class.

11 hours ago, Masterson said:

+/- Support

I feel like this could be cool but, I feel like there might be some downsides like abuse, but I feel like this might not be super used. 

However neat idea!

4 hours ago, Sion said:

+/- support 

Good idea. But, who would actually RP it.... 

ALs6j_EhXkr61kQS1B7NLXq2Y5mRM1v5siUmOqed

16 hours ago, Will (WTLM2013) said:

While I will give this a +Support, that still doesn't tell me that people will RP as this. While I have seen people RP as this in the past week, I don't think people will choose to play this class.

So the best thing to do would be to test it and see if it works.

Former Senior moderator, SWAT, Event Team, Secret Service, DD, and State Police.

3 hours ago, TerPepsi1 said:

+Support

Sounds like fun, but if it isn't added you could still RP as it as a citizen. Couldn't hurt to have a public works class though, all you need is 1 or 2 more playermodels.

The class would have a playermodel and tools for rp.

• 2 weeks later...