We should switch from teamspeak to discord.

Burboon boi

Alright so i really think we should switch to discord. It is really weird and its really annoying for pd. I've heard at least 12 people say they cannot get in and i gotta use a hotspot just to use it. The pros of discord i think are better. It looks nicer. Almost every other server uses it. And discord works. Let me know if you guys agree or disagree i might put it on the other thing if alot of people wanna do it as well.

Many of you do not know me, some of y'all do-ICON

SCU DEPUTY COMMANDER,PD CPT,EMS,DELTA SQUAD,TROOPER,FBI

Disagreed. Let me give you some reasons

- Discord has a significantly higher disconnection count than Teamspeak

- Transferring every single damn server into discord would takes days of hour long work periods as you’d have to create the channels, organize them, design specific roles to give permissions to said channels, etc. etc.

- Teamspeak has less clutter as scrolling through channels is like looking at an organized and separated list as it has the red bubbles, black lines, etc. In discord however these futures do not exist, so it all kind of blends together as every channel has the same color scheme and font. 

- Many people who’ve paid for custom channels may lose them in the process of transferring due to the workload. This would only cause more issues as some may not be able to prove that they originally owned a channel, and may lose it forever.

If you want me to go into more detail I will, but I can’t be fucked to type anymore on this school IPad. Hope all this helps!

- SRT Commander Blitzton 1K67 - PD MSGT Blitzton 1C67 - Future Pilot -

1 hour ago, Blitzton said:

- Transferring every single damn server into discord would takes days of hour long work periods as you’d have to create the channels, organize them, design specific roles to give permissions to said channels, etc. etc.

- Teamspeak has less clutter as scrolling through channels is like looking at an organized and separated list as it has the red bubbles, black lines, etc. In discord however these futures do not exist, so it all kind of blends together as every channel has the same color scheme and font. 

- Many people who’ve paid for custom channels may lose them in the process of transferring due to the workload. This would only cause more issues as some may not be able to prove that they originally owned a channel, and may lose it forever.

If you want me to go into more detail I will, but I can’t be fucked to type anymore on this school IPad. Hope all this helps!

• Head Admin
3 hours ago, Blitzton said:

Discord is nice for text chat and for small groups, however TS3 is better for voice chat and large amounts of people. That is why we don't have meetings in Discord; audio gets garbled and there are less options for individual user permissions while TS3 can support a few hundred and still have good audio quality.

Each platform has their + and - and we just find TS3 to be better that Discord in some ways while Discord is better than TS3 in other cases..

ALs6j_EhXkr61kQS1B7NLXq2Y5mRM1v5siUmOqed

No.

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

Each TeamSpeak channel comes with it's own text channel. 

Trying todo this on discord would be mass notifications for everyone.

TS uses less than Discord by a long shot 

Untitled-2.png.340348ae20671cd9033dba833d191c9e.png

23 hours ago, Blitzton said:

spacer.png