What’s the Plan for Star Wars rp?

Matricies

Hello Gaminglight,

Im wondering what the plan is for imperial and clone wars rp? These two servers seem to occupy the same niche and while it’s great we have both, they adversely affect each others player bases. I know that recently clone wars is getting its HC back to try and get activity back up and I know that prior it was very popular, this split player base stuff is not the best in the world. I’m actually not sure what happened with clone wars rp that made it lose its base.

Maybe there needs to be more time but both of these servers at this time need their dedicated members to be on them and if your active on clone wars it’s difficult to promote activity on imperial as you need to be on the other to improve activity. It would be better in my opinion to just cut one and focus on that server to fuse the bases and jumpstart one even more so.

Ultimately, I’m wondering what the long term game plan is for these two servers that occupy the same DarkRP style. They may be republic and empire but they both occupy the same passive role play and event driven style.

Edited by Matricies
  • Gaminglight Love 1

As of now I believe there is no plan on merging the two or shutting down one. Both servers are working very hard on getting active players to fuel the server. I feel we still need at least a month more to make any big decisions. 

world things GIF
『Retired Head of Staff on ImperialRP』

With the recent influx of players on IMPRP in the past 2-3 days IMPRP may thrive if it maintains this playerbase, as for CWRP I'm not so sure it will succeed but I do hope it does. If it doesn't it would be neat to try and get them to play on IMPRP.

Former DHOS

Current GENSEC LTCOL - Deputy Head Juggernaut - HIRU 

• Manager

You make good points which are on the minds of many. The inactivity of a server isn't just the main reason why it closes. Other factors like how long its been alive and to those increasing numbers of people that have donated count. Due to the many donators, through varied amount of purchases, it can be a very difficult decision to close a server - especially when Zeeptin puts the money back into the server to ensure it is running. In addition, we have had cases where inactive servers pull back a strong number of players, so keeping the server open is also allowing it to gain the players again - whenever that will be. Also, the difference between server eras is big - even though the concept is the same, many content isn't (especially how things run). This is evident from the player count difference at the moment. 

• Bread locked this topic