Nuke ;)

Steam Name: Nuke ?

Ingame Name: CAR JACK  gang pablo

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:189068648

Ban Length: Permanent 

Admin that Banned you: Calamity King

Reason for Ban: Threatening to hack the server

Dispute: 

Hello, I believe I was unfairly banned on the Police RP server. A friend and I were on the server one day and there was a massive server slow down for an unknown reason, the admins still won't tell us why. Everything was in slow motion and everyone was experiencing the problem, it wasn't just us. As a joke to try and make people laugh, I said something along the lines of I hakked the server. I even misspelled it to ensure that it would be taken as a joke and not literally. Nobody had said a thing about it to me until about five minutes later when the admins couldn't figure out what was going on, which was their job. I feel like I'm being used as the scapegoat for this whole situation as a way of keeping the bad light off of an admin who screwed up. I was instantly banned after an admin teleported me to them. People were talking about what I said before I was banned and I think that's how the admins got light of it. I feel that if I was not in that particular situation I would have received a warning, not an instant ban. Yes, I made a mistake, I admit to that. I shouldn't have said anything about hacking the server and should've just let the admins do their job. However, I do believe that it warrants a warning or a temporary ban, not an instant permanent ban. A friend of mine talked to an admin afterwards and the admin said that once the whole situation was cleared up, if there's no evidence of me hacking, I wouldn't get more than a few hour ban. I'm not sure as to why I was permanently banned, as I don't even know remotely how to hack, let alone how to slow down an entire server. --Side note, this isn't why I want unbanned, but I was a VIP+ on the server. I literally gave you my hard earned money, why would I want to hack the server, and claim that I did, just to throw it all away?-- I didn't try to log on to the server for a few days, and am just now discovering that I'm permanently banned. I enjoyed my time on the server and had a lot of fun playing with friends and meeting new ones. I've had bad experiences in the past with corrupt admins, but I want to leave that all behind. I really hope this doesn't turn into another one of those experiences, and that my ban appeal is looked at fairly, and not by someone who just isn't having that great of a day. Also, an admin noted to my friend that the second I was banned the server slowdown stopped. That is incorrect. My friend was still on the server after all of this happened and he says that the slowdown didn't stop until around 10-20 seconds later. I believe multiple claims are false, but I am admitting to saying what I said. I don't know how that is considered "threatening to hack the server." That wasn't a threat, that was a joke. And if there's no proof of hacking to support your ban, I do believe that I should be unbanned. If unbanned, I won't joke about that stuff anymore. Yes, I know you take hacking and ddossing very seriously as you have lots of personal sensitive information in your databases that you want to protect. I don't want to look like the bad guy here, I didn't do anything illegal or wrong. Just a simple joke. Please, don't let this turn into what it has already. Thank you for reading my ban appeal, I hope you consider it.

ban.PNG

• Sad 1

My Side of The Story:

If I am not mistaken. At that day, we had a problem with a certain SWEP and everyone was in slow motion mode. Some people have thought the server was being hacked (when it was not), but this person typed in OOC that they are hacking the server. After the command of my higher ups (Friendly Steve) and low ranking staff members sending in the Steam I.D of this person, therefore extended this ban for them.

You should NEVER joke about hacking the server! We do not care if you can or is just joking, we take that threat as the #1 priority! If you threaten the server, you are not coming back from that one.

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

1 minute ago, Calamity said:

My Side of The Story:

If I am not mistaken. At that day, we had a problem with a certain SWEP and everyone was in slow motion mode. Some people have thought the server was being hacked (when it was not), but this person typed in OOC that they are hacking the server. After the command of my higher ups (Friendly Steve) and low ranking staff members sending in the Steam I.D of this person, therefore extended this ban for them.

You should NEVER joke about hacking the server! We do not care if you can or is just joking, we take that threat as the #1 priority! If you threaten the server, you are not coming back from that one.

Dude this is fucked..You can't ban somebody for a "threat" when it isn't even a threat. He didn't say he was going to hack the server... He claimed he did with no proof to back it up. I can see how a threat can be a reason for a permanent ban, as you don't know when the person could potentially hack the server. But he claimed that he did that very moment, which was proved to be false. I don't know why this whole thing is getting blown out of proportions when the whole thing is already dealt with and over... I think he should get AT MOST a few week ban. You know he didn't hack the server and there's evidence to back it up, and he didn't threaten to do it in the future. 

I mean, think of this as a real life scenario. If you go to court for say a robbery that they think you committed. If you say "yeah I did the robbery" joke or not, you would most likely go to jail. Think of this situation like that. You said, and I clearly remember, that you hacked the server, therefore we have 100% reason to have you banned for hacking the server regardless if you did it or not.
You f'ed up and that is on you. Hacking, regardless of it being a joke or not is not tolerated what so ever and usually is a perm ban or blacklist from the server.

- Support

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

- Support

Not a smart move, you cant expect to be unbanned after you said you were hacking the server while it was having issues.

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

Making the joke that you are hacking the server is well, probably the worst joke you can make on any type of server, Gaminglight or not. Especially when the server runs 99% of the time smoothly and the 1% time it isn't running smoothly you shout in OOC that you were "hakking" the server. This is something at Gaminglight that we take very seriously due to the severity of damage it can cause to the community/server.

That being said, despite everyone -Supporting and making very valid and good points on this appeal I will be removing the ban due to finding the issue causing the server to run in slow-mo thus ruling out that you were indeed not hacking. 

Take this as a learning opportunity to ensure that you do not pull anything like this again. Should we not have caught the issue causing it you would have remained banned from the server. One thing you have to realize is this is a video game, we have gotten people in the past hacking and announcing it on the server while doing it, there is no need for "proof" as you would like to see due to hacking being a very very serious offence. If a player wishes to announce they are hacking, all the power to them but they will be receiving a ban. 

Accepted