Performance Versus Pressure

Tarot

Form Title: [SCP-999] ~ Research Date (10/13/19)

Clearance Level: 2.

List of Personnel involved in testing: Junior Researcher Porter, SO LCpl. Tsuki, MTF [REDACTED] Protege.

Level D personnel involved: D-6869, D-3132.

SCP: SCP-999 was brought on within this test to act as a field medic/assist to the D-class personal. This test was mainly done in order to test the emotional reliance and stability of D-class personal's brains versus their brain's ability to remain collected and well-versed during a performance. 

Errors and/or safety hazards: D-class personal were lightly harmed and grazed in order to remain less rowdy. This was also used in part to cause further stress within personal's brains, further triggering their fight or flight response.

Question: How will the D-class brain respond to stress while performing a song?

Background Research/Information: Stress can lead to anxiety via emotional tension and negative-building within tough environments. As extensive research shows, firearms can trigger heavy stress within the typical human brain. This led one to believe the best chamber to begin this test in was that of the firing range at the SCP facility. Security personal were authorized to shoot at targets near D-class personal in order to instigate and keep the D-class personal's vigilance and stress at high levels. While this continued, the D-class personal were provided with full sheet and lyrics to the hit 1999 pop song, 'I Want It That Way', by the Backstreet Boys. Whilst their stress were high, the D-class were ordered to begin an improvised performance of the song or face [REDACTED]. They complied.

Hypothesis: If D-class personal are subject to an area and environment of high-stress, then they will lack and fail to deliver an awe-inducing performance.

Observations: Audio logs #1-A, #1-B, and #1-C all store the recorded dialogue and audio of the test, and are stored in [REDACTED] area of Storage Facility Bravo-C1.

Analysis and Conclusion: The D-class personal sang, taking turns with each line until the chorus of the song beginning with, "Tell me why." This showed a surprising amount of effort and teamwork from the D-class personal's end, going as far as proving their flight or fight responses actually helped in their performance. It is note-worthy that security officer Tsuki was commendable with his work during this test, offering his full range of help to me extensively.

Do your results align with your hypothesis?: Surprisingly, these test results misalign with my predicted hypothesis. The D-class personal managed not only to perform exceedingly well over pressure, but they went above and beyond. Without the melody of the pop song being provided to them, they managed to remain on a constant train of funk and melody. It was awe-inducing to say the least. After successful test procedure and results, both D-class personal were rewarded with a one dollar currency each, before being returned back to their respective cells in the D-class personal cell block.

Edited by Tarot

There was clear effort put into this test, but I'm sorry to say that this simply does not fly with me. Not only does this test not involve SCP-999 in any way, it is one of the silliest, unethical tests I have ever seen. It gives me this vibe that it is only an excuse to torture and maim in advanced ways, on par with Dr. W's(Not to be confused with Assistant Manager W) unethical experiments with human children and 682. The D Class involved in this ought to have been submitted for psyche evaluation. On less serious terms, this experiment at least gave me a laugh, but I would recommend not trying things like this at higher level research. It is bound to land you in trouble with command. In addition, please refine your grammar and spelling throughout your document and keep such in mind for the future.

Current: Goofball

Former: RnD Delta Command, Foundation Doctor, RFA Agent, RRH Analyst