Jr researcher Issac Clarke Test Log 002

Form Title: [SCP-1048, 999, and 131 Affection test] ~ Research (September, 2019)

Clearance Level: 2

List of Personnel involved in testing: Myself(Junior researcher,) and one security guard

Level D personnel involved: 3 different D class

SCP: 999, 131, and 1048

Errors and/or safety hazards: None, all D class behaved, even when restraints were removed for a time.

Question: Do certain Scps, (specifically ones that have proven to be more of the friendly sort) actually have an affection towards humans as in means of companionship

Background Research: all 3 scps used were all creatures with fairly safe origins and a seemingly affectionate nature towards humans. Even 1048 so long as someone does not fall asleep next to it or harm it in any way shows affection towards humans despite it maybe being a way of deception

Hypothesis: scp 999 is an obvious yes as it is just a blob of slime that makes you feel happy, but i wanted to see if they can fit into humans lives more than just simple safe tests and maybe become pets or even companions towards humans. If scp 999 is capable of reproducing then it could become one of the most helpful pets/companions humanity has ever had.

Observation/Visual Stimuli(Photos/videos): all 3 D class were let to roam freely around safe class containment with their hands bound for the majority of the test, while they were able to play with and interact with the 3 scps. at the end they were all asked which scp was their favorite. Each one had a different answer resulting in 1 vote for each scp.

Analysis and Conclusion: So long as we get 1048 a cage and or a way of culling its earthshattering scream, they could all be very useful as pets/companions in the real world.

Do your results align with your hypothesis?: Yes, there have already been talk about marketing scp 999s slime as an antidepressant. A step above that would be to recreate the creature as a whole and instead give the victim a new companion, seemingly for life. These are all very friendly and helpful creatures in nature and we should seriously consider introducing them to the public, "In my proffessional opinion".

Approved by the Director of Research and Security and the Head of Research. For use in Site-05.

Secure,

Contain,

And Protect.

This is a very simple test, to say the least, and a common one. We already know that just seeing the list of SCP's that SCP 999 will be the favorite out of all of them since its happy most of the time and it likes to play, also this really doesn't tell us new information about them. I can see you put in the effort but you need to get more creative questions in the future.

Former  

70672632_Untitled(15).png.7d232f74c3ac9624b835990cffc361e8.png

"Foundation Doctor and a Medical Doctor are 2 god damn different things." -Light   "Can you heal me."-Entire Foundation   "Ok Sophia"-Arium

17 hours ago, The Light said:

This is a very simple test, to say the least, and a common one. We already know that just seeing the list of SCP's that SCP 999 will be the favorite out of all of them since its happy most of the time and it likes to play, also this really doesn't tell us new information about them. I can see you put in the effort but you need to get more creative questions in the future.

Im going to have to formally disagree with you in both statements that have been said against this. Firstly Scp 999 was only the favorite of 1 of the 3 d class it was shown to when put onto an equal standing with 131 and 1048. Secondly although i will admit that maybe the part about 999 being a pet is fairly already been entertained and added little new information, The other 2 scps(131, and 1048) certainly did. 131 Is seemingly just an eye pod but if it can develop some type of actual affection towards humans then it would be extremely marketable as a pet. Certainly precautions would need to be made about 1048s heartpiercing scream, but need we not take precautions with almost every animal we come in contact with thats not a squirrel or bird? Lastly I respect that you see that i put effort into this test but i dont understand how you can say that this is simple or common. I used 3 different scps all on the same test, asked a question that would actually be genuinely beneficial to the foundation. Opened up new insight on how the other 2 scps interact with humans (scp 999 was mainly kept as a control group). And lastly, i did all of this as a Junior researcher with absolutely no errors or problems with any of the d class or scps cooperating. Im not certain what type of new or unique tests you want me to do in my current position. This i do consider to be a rather unique test,  but i couldn't agree more that my tests are getting repetitive as i feel as though i have learned all i can from most all of the safe class scps. if you have a reccommendation for a test, i will hear it out but theres only so many "Unique" tests i can do in my current position