Battalion Removal Suggestion

Jeffe

Please make sure suggestions are pertinent and relevant! 

Please include content with your suggestion! don't just say "it is out there somewhere"

What do you want to see? -  EC, 69th, Starfighters, and Nova or Death Troopers

Why should we add it? - Right now we have WAY too many battalions that either do the same things or no one is in them. For Nova and Death Troopers, they do the job that Shock was originally supposed to do but just left Shock dead in the water. For EC and Starfighters, they could easily be added to other battalions as specialty jobs. 69th are rarely on when needed and should be made regimental because most people don't want a full life for only medic

What are the advantages of having this? - We would actually have more specialized and more active battalions instead of 3 that do the same thing and only 1 has people

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - N/A

+support 

one reason shock is dead 

Nova is mixed they don’t do the same as death read the SOP, also Nova is fine and they are having their own medics no need for the 69th really 

also death can also be moved into Nova due to death are meant to be the best and it would make sense due to Nova already has a good command and low command already and it would save time 

Edited by jackrhyssull

+1

Nova should do their job in being honor guards and protecting captured ships and serve as frontline elite infantry.

Death Troopers should be the bodyguards of high ranking personal.

Shock should guard lower ranking naval and guard the checkpoints.

Make 69th medics regimental.

Put starfighters in with the Navy.

Put Engineers with the Navy.

• Gaminglight Love 1

Former DHOS

Current GENSEC LTCOL - Deputy Head Juggernaut - HIRU 

+/-  Support on most of these battalions, but NOT StarFighters.

-Starfighters have a big purpose not only on IRP but in the Lore. You are basically suggesting to remove most battalions. 

While SF is part of the Navy in Lore, doing this would be making them and other battalions basically non-existent.

- Guarding Battalions should definitely be fixed and be simpler. 

-Engineering should stay its own battalions or be put into a Support battalion along with Medical. 

I would be okay with this if Starfighters would stay separate and EG and Medical go into a combined Support Battalion.

It seems like you want most battalions removed or shrunk either than Navy and Inquisitors. Also, you state that you want to remove the battalions that no one are in or do the same thing; how do starfighters do the same thing as another battalion, and people are on it all the time.

Edited by EnderKnight57

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

8 hours ago, _Alpha_ said:

+1

Nova should do their job in being honor guards and protecting captured ships and serve as frontline elite infantry.

For starters look at Nova SOP before you say incorrect information and Nova is a mixed propose battalion again read the SOP 

On 10/7/2019 at 4:19 AM, EnderKnight57 said:

+/-  Support on most of these battalions, but NOT StarFighters.

-Starfighters have a big purpose not only on IRP but in the Lore. You are basically suggesting to remove most battalions. 

While SF is part of the Navy in Lore, doing this would be making them and other battalions basically non-existent.

-Engineering should stay its own battalions or be put into a Support battalion along with Medical. 

I would be okay with this if Starfighters would stay separate and EG and Medical go into a combined Support Battalion.

It seems like you want most battalions removed or shrunk either than Navy and Inquisitors. Also, you state that you want to remove the battalions that no one are in or do the same thing; how do starfighters do the same thing as another battalion, and people are on it all the time.

^^^ 

I don’t think any need to be removed the only one that I can really think of that is the same as another are royal guards and nova and that is a stretch 

so I’m my opinion pretty much all the battalions apart from EC all have a balanced player count. 

Edited by Jesse

On 10/6/2019 at 8:52 PM, _Alpha_ said:

+1

-/+ 

Reason being because Death Troopers were just recently added in and the SOP hasn't been released, I was already thinking of a Solution. Altho I agree that things may be shuffled around Death isn't just a Guard Detail. But were considered the Special Forces of the ISB. Death Troopers were not even frontline troops. 501st and Nova would be enough to serve as frontlines (Along with Stormtroopers). 

It makes sense to have Shock Guarding lower ranked fleet and other unauthorized areas,  Bridge CP, Engine Rooms, Hangar Bay.

I'm unsure about making Medics Regimental, altho, their numbers have been pretty low and making them Regimental to be able to give them more opportunities to play as medics. 

I agree with Engineers being integrated into Fleet as it would give Fleet as a whole, more things ro do. 

I'm unsure with the Starfighter Pilots being integrated into Fleet.

• Like 1

[[:: REDACTED Hunter Reaper OM6 // Status_Online ::]]

Confirmed Epsilon-11 Special Forces Kills: 4 // Still waiting for a HaloRP Server.

-Support.
As Commander of EC I really oppose the removal of these particular branches.
- EC has been suggested to have an overhaul which makes it more indepth and useful for as a different Branch.
- Medical Branch is needed for infection rps and overall injuries.
- Nova and Death Troopers are really needed as there are multiple different ranking personnel in the Star Destroyer.
Im unsure about Star Pilots though

No disrespect Jeffe but it really seems you want these branches removed as you made a similar suggestion and it was denied.

Edited by KyleTheOne

Smartest Lad Here ~ Research Supervisor and  EC Commander Kyle

On 10/7/2019 at 9:05 AM, Jesse said:

+/-  Support on most of these battalions, but NOT StarFighters.

On 10/6/2019 at 7:52 PM, _Alpha_ said:

+1

Hello Jeffe,

So I used to be slightly against this but now I'm definitely for it. The server started with over 6 branches all supposedly specializing indifferent things and in less then 3-4 weeks we added 4 more (nova,death,commandos,royal guard) without even having the player base for it and the results are very evident. The server peaks around 20-30 players at around 5pm to 9pm CST and I usually only see 1-2 people per branch online with some branches having ZERO activity for the entire day. We have, 10 branches and only tiny activity in each. Not only is this bad for unifying player bases in their respective branches, it just makes it unnecessarily complicated.

We need to cut down on the branches and bring players together so that we get more activity out of the branches that there are here. Imperial RP should have started with only 4 maybe 5 branches MAX. The following branches are what I consider keystone branches and usually the most active/essential starting branches (Stormtroopers, Naval, Inquisitors, Shock Security, and Starfighters). Stormtroopers is the base branch from which specialization in any other branch like it should occur from, Naval is responsible for the ship operations, Inquisitors is the lightsaber wielding force, Shock Security is the special force responsible for arrest/interrogation/discipline, Starfighters is responsible for flying the fighters/bombers/transports and/or Royal guard is responsible for defending higher ups) These 5 branches have definitive purposes on our roleplay server and are not just slightly advanced copies of another branch. I understand that star wars had a lot of specialized divisons, but we are a game server trying to grow our base and having 10 branches with only 20 people on, is not going to work very well. The following branches may need to be cut: Nova, Death Troopers, Engineering, Medical, Commandos, 501st.

I can understand Nova a bit as I see them used to follow naval around, but most of these branches simply function as a more advanced stormtrooper on the field and in RP with more equipment and thats it. Nova,death troopers,commandos,501st can easily just be integrated into stormtroopers with a specific job for them and stay as divisons inside stormtroopers. This way people can still be those more elite troopers but be apart of 1 unified branch and not split into multiple semi-active/inactive ones. They are literally just more advanced stormtroopers and while lore wise this isn't exactly correct, what I see on the game server during events/passive rp says otherwise. Medical and Engineering do have a case to stay as they do have a definitive role but they are more support then they are primary branches and could easily be slotted into stormtroopers/naval. Medical does have the equipment needed to be unique, but engineering is basically nonexistant because unless you are trying to passive rp "Fixing the ship" or "Disabling bombs", there is nothing different about it from stormtroopers (They can't even spawn ground vehicles for crying out loud and thats honestly what they should be given the ability to do!)

Overall, we have too many branches right now and several of them just act as advanced stormtroopers, are more support then they are a standalone branch or can easily be slotted into a primary keystone branch and keep their identity as a special force/divison inside that branch. It might be a bit difficult because we've set up a lot of these branches but we're hurting our base with too many branches and thats why this suggestion was made in the first place. We went too fast, too early and we need to take a step back to give our base a chance to grow. Maybe when the base is like 40-50+, then we could look at making these individual branches ,but for now, they need to be unified because game-wise, theres not enough to warrant having so many.

TL:DR - We have too many branches and our players are spread way too thin across them all. Unify some of the branches into divisions in one and we'll see some better activity from our playerbase. +Support

Edited by Matricies
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Matricies said:

Hello Jeffe,

So I used to be slightly against this but now I'm definitely for it. The server started with over 6 branches all supposedly specializing indifferent things and in less then 3-4 weeks we added 4 more (nova,death,commandos,royal guard) without even having the player base for it and the results are very evident. The server peaks around 20-30 players at around 5pm to 9pm CST and I usually only see 1-2 people per branch online with some branches having ZERO activity for the entire day. We have, 10 branches and only tiny activity in each. Not only is this bad for unifying player bases in their respective branches, it just makes it unnecessarily complicated.

We need to cut down on the branches and bring players together so that we get more activity out of the branches that there are here. Imperial RP should have started with only 4 maybe 5 branches MAX. The following branches are what I consider keystone branches and usually the most active/essential starting branches (Stormtroopers, Naval, Inquisitors, Shock Security, and Starfighters). Stormtroopers is the base branch from which specialization in any other branch like it should occur from, Naval is responsible for the ship operations, Inquisitors is the lightsaber wielding force, Shock Security is the special force responsible for arrest/interrogation/discipline, Starfighters is responsible for flying the fighters/bombers/transports and/or Royal guard is responsible for defending higher ups) These 5 branches have definitive purposes on our roleplay server and are not just slightly advanced copies of another branch. I understand that star wars had a lot of specialized divisons, but we are a game server trying to grow our base and having 10 branches with only 20 people on, is not going to work very well. The following branches may need to be cut: Nova, Death Troopers, Engineering, Medical, Commandos, 501st.

I can understand Nova a bit as I see them used to follow naval around, but most of these branches simply function as a more advanced stormtrooper on the field and in RP with more equipment and thats it. Nova,death troopers,commandos,501st can easily just be integrated into stormtroopers with a specific job for them and stay as divisons inside stormtroopers. This way people can still be those more elite troopers but be apart of 1 unified branch and not split into multiple semi-active/inactive ones. They are literally just more advanced stormtroopers and while lore wise this isn't exactly correct, what I see on the game server during events/passive rp says otherwise. Medical and Engineering do have a case to stay as they do have a definitive role but they are more support then they are primary branches and could easily be slotted into stormtroopers/naval. Medical does have the equipment needed to be unique, but engineering is basically nonexistant because unless you are trying to passive rp "Fixing the ship" or "Disabling bombs", there is nothing different about it from stormtroopers (They can't even spawn ground vehicles for crying out loud and thats honestly what they should be given the ability to do!)

Overall, we have too many branches right now and several of them just act as advanced stormtroopers, are more support then they are a standalone branch or can easily be slotted into a primary keystone branch and keep their identity as a special force/divison inside that branch. It might be a bit difficult because we've set up a lot of these branches but we're hurting our base with too many branches and thats why this suggestion was made in the first place. We went too fast, too early and we need to take a step back to give our base a chance to grow. Maybe when the base is like 40-50+, then we could look at making these individual branches ,but for now, they need to be unified because game-wise, theres not enough to warrant having so many.

TL:DR - We have too many branches and our players are spread way too thin across them all. Unify some of the branches into divisions in one and we'll see some better activity from our playerbase. +Support

I love this and support this, we should definitely integrate majority of the divisions into ST or Navy.

Former DHOS

• Manager

Honestly I think RG and Shock should be the only protecting battalion for now. RG can protect HC of Naval and HC in general and Shock can take Nova's job and protect Naval.

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗

29 minutes ago, Nimo said:

Honestly I think RG and Shock should be the only protecting battalion for now. RG can protect HC of Naval and HC in general and Shock can take Nova's job and protect Naval.

RG only protected Vader and Palpatine, they are also a donator only same for IC. DT is protection of HC for practically everyone with ISB while Nova just protects navy in general.

Former DHOS

• Manager
1 minute ago, _Alpha_ said:

RG only protected Vader and Palpatine, they are also a donator only same for IC. DT is protection of HC for practically everyone with ISB while Nova just protects navy in general.

Yeah but this post is about removing battalion and we have WAY to many protecting battalions

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗

Once again I feel like as we wait the playerbase will grow. If anything take 

Medics, ENG, Pilots, put those in ST or other batallions

Make a Navy position the head of each or have 1 person in each sector be the head of it.

So example say I joined Pilots in ST and become ST Pilot Lead 

Medic Lead

ENG Lead

then they are the people who keep them organized. RG and IC are donator so they shouldn't be mains doing guarding stuff cause that isn't fair on the other players that will be looked as buy to win. I feel like if we take those battalions I listed above and put them in the other battalions it will let others go into a regiment they enjoy and become that job. 

Battalions should be added into

ST

501st

Possibly Nova. Maybe add in another battalion like 212th or something else like 501st and ST just one more option. Taking those 3 and adding them into a

would eliminate a lot. 

So keep Nova, DT, Shock, ST, 501st, Navy, RG, IC, IQ

1 hour ago, _Alpha_ said:

11 hours ago, Matricies said:

Hello Jeffe,

1 hour ago, Nimo said:

Yeah but this post is about removing battalion and we have WAY to many protecting battalions

Edited by [HRP] Curry

On 10/15/2019 at 1:28 PM, Matricies said:

Hello Jeffe,

21 hours ago, _Alpha_ said:

22 hours ago, Nimo said:

Ok I’m done by keep repeating myself LOOK at NOVA SOP 

on a chill note RG is ONLY might to protect the emperor and Vader end of 

Nova protects CPT to High Admiral in naval and they also have other roles look at the SOP

DT protect the general and grand Moff+ so is there any point in having DT when they have low numbers and have to wait for 3 people to come on I know they have other roles but Nova and RG fo the same thing and I think it’s pointless having DT at the moment due to low numbers

The only battalions we should keep is Naval, IQ, RG, Nova, ST, 501st, Star fighters, Shock (they need to be more active) 

the battalions I think should be removed 

IC- they tend to annoy Nova and Naval by disobeying orders and not following instructions

69th and EC- they can be turned into a supporting battalion

DT- they do the same as Nova and RG and I know they meant to be special forces but we have a low player count and this may work if we had 50+ players a day

Edited by jackrhyssull

11 hours ago, jackrhyssull said:

Ok I’m done by keep repeating myself LOOK at NOVA SOP 

on a chill note RG is ONLY might to protect the emperor and Vader end of 

Nova protects CPT to High Admiral in naval and they also have other roles look at the SOP

DT protect the general and grand Moff+ so is there any point in having DT when they have low numbers and have to wait for 3 people to come on I know they have other roles but Nova and RG fo the same thing and I think it’s pointless having DT at the moment due to low numbers

The only battalions we should keep is Naval, IQ, RG, Nova, ST, 501st, Star fighters, Shock (they need to be more active) 

the battalions I think should be removed 

IC- they tend to annoy Nova and Naval by disobeying orders and not following instructions

69th and EC- they can be turned into a supporting battalion

DT- they do the same as Nova and RG and I know they meant to be special forces but we have a low player count and this may work if we had 50+ players a day

Please understand that DT's have only been on for a Week. And they are not in any way trying to remove duties from other Guarding Battalions. As stated in the DT SOP, We prioritize Thrawn and Moff and then the non-special HC Spots (Currently None atm), The only time that DT will guard a lower ranked Fleet member is IF there isn't already a Guard from either Nova or Shock assigned to the Fleet Member.

• Gaminglight Love 1

[[:: REDACTED Hunter Reaper OM6 // Status_Online ::]]

Confirmed Epsilon-11 Special Forces Kills: 4 // Still waiting for a HaloRP Server.

10 hours ago, Kratos™ said:

Please understand that DT's have only been on for a Week. And they are not in any way trying to remove duties from other Guarding Battalions. As stated in the DT SOP, We prioritize Thrawn and Moff and then the non-special HC Spots (Currently None atm), The only time that DT will guard a lower ranked Fleet member is IF there isn't already a Guard from either Nova or Shock assigned to the Fleet Member.

Agreed 

13 hours ago, Kratos™ said:

I didn’t mean it in a bad way but I agree with jeffe there are too many battalions, also hardly any of us have see. DT SOP it would be nice if someone could send it to me so I can make changes to NOVA sop 

Edited by jackrhyssull

• 2 weeks later...