Alex B - Event Team Application

Seeker (Tavdogg1)

In-Game Name: Alex B

SteamID STEAM_1:0:89473315

What is your ULX Rank?: Moderator

What is your RP Rank?: Security FTO XRCF MSGT

What is your timezone?: CST

How would you rate your knowledge of the SCP world? (1-10): 7

Do you have any experience as a Gamemaster or Event Planner? (If so, explain it): I have experience as an event planner and even a bit of GMing. I originally played as a DM a few times, but I wasn't the best back then, however, I am willing to write and plan events. Before I joined the server staff team, I was an event planner for a Discord server, and a lot of people did like the events I did. However since I was kicked out of my position due to server changes and me not being informed of the new rules, and the complete shift of leadership, I lost my role and I quit the moderation team on there. (Means I am now fully dedicated to this server. Yay!) I am pretty good with planning events, and I tend to do best as a learner learning from the best.

How Active are you? (1/10): 9, though if I have a pretty bad week it can get to a 7. I always tend to try to be active when possible unless something bad happens or I am too busy.

How many warns do you have? (Across all Gaminglight Servers): 0 warns. I never go to other Gaminglight servers, and I tend to stick with SCP RP.

Why should we allow you to be an Event Team Member (150+ Words)?: I want to help keep the server active, plan events, and hone my skills to planning and creativity, as well as control of events and creating an enjoyable experience. I want to explore my creativity while sticking to the lore as best as I can possibly do. I am willing to do my research, talk to other event team members, and share my ideas, and get criticism and improve my craft until it seems the best, and then test it publicly to see on how people think of it, and then take notes on how people thought of it. I am willing to also assist people with the events others create, and help those who have issues with the events. I will also make sure that I keep as much minge out of the event as I can possibly can, and not make the same mistake as the GAW event. (As in, don't allow people to mic spam and minge, or even give cameras to people unless the event specifies a certain person doing that.

Describe an event you could create (The more specific the better): One day, during a normal typical day in the foundation, a strange memetic bird picture started to pop up in the foundation. It starts out on computers, then it started to go into the walls of the foundation. People within the foundation who looked at it started to act like birds, and they will mentally reduce to birds. Soon they will completely act like birds, eventually dying from starvation or other issues when it comes to losing the ability to actually close doors with your hands, as they attempt to flap around the place, and forgot what hands even are. The Memetics Division is called over and discovered what it could do. They start to shut down the facility, and the Avian Division is called to discuss the issue and hopefully find a way to reverse it. In the meantime, Gensec must contain D Class affected by the memetic and bring them to MTF, which they will carry over to one of their agents to examine them, while the other branches must survive the crazy bird brain people while avoiding any strange bird pictures nearby. If they succeed and a reverse agent is discovered, and the bird pictures are removed without them leaving the foundation, they could relax knowing they survived. If the bird people start to get out, too many people are affected by the memetic, or any of these bird memetic pictures are discovered outside, the foundation must be nuked, stopping the entire problem before it spreads outside the foundation. If they can't nuke it due to the higher commands being effected, the flock will try to move west, drowning in the process, and one of the O5s outside the facility will nuke the place instead, destroying everyone inside of it, and ending the entire event.
Based on http://www.scp-wiki.net/join-the-flock. If it's a bit too much and seems like a bad idea, I won't do it, but this is what I got for now.

What is your favorite SCP? Why? I personally love 096, and not just because of the SCP, but the story built around this SCP. I believe the story is brilliant and well done. It shows quality and shows the struggle of the need to contain a threat and study it or destroy the issue before it escalates. The doctor who became a D Class in the story is a well-done character. A man who is trying to show the foundation that this thing is dangerous and harmful, and in order to show how dangerous it is, he almost risked the entire world seeing it, and almost caused an XK scenario in order to help convince the O5s why it should be destroyed. I am excited to see the movie for when it comes out, and I love watching SCP Illustrated reading and artwork of the SCP itself. It's a perfect SCP story and it needs to stay that way.

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

+ SUPPORT!

~ what you said in the end of the have you been event team before make it sound like you were duo staffing

+ great event idea except that would be hell to enforce or coerce the behavior

Alex i know you from gensec and you were a good man for the time i was in it. so please get accepted cause i think you deserve it!

RETINA BURN BOI

6 hours ago, Cryolast said:

+support 

+ Good application!

+ ... interesting event idea

+ Has good reputation on server

/ Security Captain Monroe / Retired SCP-RP Senior Moderator Monroe /

Hey! It's your local SCP nerd. Used to write a few articles and do meme writings every once in a while. Message me if you want server, grammar, writing, or interpreting help! Also more than open to becoming friends with the community! [ color=Name/Hex]You're Welcome[/color]

....+support (congratulations, your the first person I have +Supported... I usually do -/+ Neutrals)

Anyway

+ Established member of the community
+ On the Staff Team, showing that he is a man capable of dedication and commitment. 
+ Why he wishes to be a ET member, is detailed and genuine.
+ Event Idea is sufficiently detailed regardless of how hard it is to implement 
+ His favourite SCP is also sufficiently detailed. 
+ Surprisingly have seen on the server before, but haven't had much interaction
+ Forum activity is nice.
+ No warns

- Event Idea would prove quite a challenge to implement. Its important to take those factors into consideration when making events but we can drill that into you.

Edited by Train Overlord

Nothing special here, move on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hoovy locked this topic