The Full Story on What Happened Two and a Half Years Ago

Inactive

Since my return to Gaminglight I’ve met quite a few people. Many of them have heard that I was a member of the community in the old days, but nobody knows what happened that made me leave for over two and a half years. A lot of them have asked me about it, but the story is extremely long winded, and is full of painful memories of how bad and constantly stressful the situation was. Tonight I decided to go back through old posts that are still around from when it was still happening. Using the old posts, I have refreshed my memory to the best of my abilities Please understand certain details may be forgotten or slightly incorrect. Nevertheless, I have written the full story start to finish, beginning with a forgotten Gaminglight meme known as the - repping meme. I kindly request for this meme to remain dead forever, and will be going directly to SMT if anyone does anything from it.

I was in one of my numerous custom bases making meth that i was spewing all over the little town a few of us were making, when someone mentioned in advert something about me going from +7 to -2 reputation points on the forums within one day (i dont remember which post caused this). This was a big deal, as this had never happened to anyone before. I was the first to ever lose that much rep so quickly. I responded to the advert with a pun about the situation, and then another person adverted “not funny. - rep.” It was funny to people, and people started saying “(funny reason), - rep” when I adverted anything or said anything in ooc. I was enjoying the meme (and maybe the mass attention) and went along with it, even making jokes as well. I thought it would be a funny day i could remember later, but i was so unbelievably wrong. This trend slowly grew, and eventually it was at the point where I’d come home and see everyone using their 5 reputation points for the day to - rep my posts. Some even making alts to get more - rep points. It didnt stop there. Every time i went in game people said “- rep” to my every. Fucking. Move. It was annoying fast, but I didn’t care, as it didnt hurt anyone. What really crossed the line was Lut trying to get me to lose my Moderator position because I was at -85 rep. At this point I made the infamous “The - repping has gone too far” post that hit #1 trending post on the Gaminglight forums for over 72 hours. 

This helped slow the meme, as a fair number of people who respected my request did stop. However there were a lot of people who wanted to use the - repping in a toxic manner. People attacked my staff position, EMS High Command position, any application I made, and would send me forum dms harassing me about it. Each and every day I came home from long days at school to get these kinds of things in my notifications https://imgur.com/gallery/RXBJk (this was originally a compilation I made to report someone to SMT in an attempt to show people I was serious) After a few months had passed Since the original advert that started it, SMT felt bad about how I was being treated and they reset my reputation points to 0. Luckily it worked and the - repping ended. However people after this continued to resent me greatly. Left and right people would try to  report me for the littlest things. (There was literally a staff report against me because I tabbed out to look at forums for a couple minutes). A few staff were even warning me for bullshit reasons to try to push my warn count above 40 to get me permabanned, leading to this post.

SMT at this point were aware of it all, and wanted to help stop it, but there was nothing anyone could do to make the toxicity go away. SMT did what they could nevertheless, by not banning me at 40 warns, resetting my rep, and taking action when possible. Unfortunately people were easily able to get around this, since it would have to be extremely direct and obvious for action to be possible. People additionally  used the “critisism” card and SMT couldn’t say no without heavy backlash. I was being heavily degraded mentally and emotionally, constantly under stress even when not playing the game. On may 21’st 2018 I finally gave up and left the community, unable to go on any longer.

Going through the old posts from back then was not easy for me. Reading each thread was like reliving it, and even today is difficult to think deeply about it. Nobody should ever have to experience anything like this, and we must take care to ensure it never happens to anyone else.

Edited by Ryan The Epic Guy
  • Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 2

Yes, that was very long. And a sad type of story. I also hope something like that never happens again. -Just to let you know I’m on my phone sorry about any spelling errors- 

PD CPL | FBI SA | DEA ASAC | DEA FTO | SS SO | Scythes Of Paradise Lord

People will do you wrong over and over, but the one time you call them out your suddenly the bad guy.” - Juice WRLD

"Yesterday, today was tomorrow. And tomorrow, today will be yesterday." - George Harrison

Sorry that happened to you! It seems like it happened shortly after I left(Memory could be failing me), I remember helping you with various staff questions and you appeared to be a really nice guy! I hope you find a way to overcome the emotional distress it has caused you. Unfortunately many people don't realize the affect they have on others when it comes to saying or doing something online. And if I contributed in any negative way, I sincerely apologize. And if there is anything I can do to help just let me know! I've had the misfortune of a harsh upbringing in life which has led me to have a lot of experience with negative situations. I sure in writing this post you went on a roller coaster of emotions and for that I am proud of you (If that means anything to you)! I hope you continue to be apart of the community. 

-rep welcome back

I remember dealing with this issue along with other SMT, there was faults on both sides and some people took things too far. Sorry that happened to you, but it’s the internet and gmod sooo it’s to be expected. But gaminglight has grown from two years ago and the community has way less toxic members then it used to, so it shouldn’t happen again.

Edited by Gaur

Yo man im sorry to know this happened to you, you are a really awesome guy on the server and that really sucks that your experience on the server wasnt always the greatest. I hope you can now enjoy the server to its extent:)

Many of you do not know me, some of y'all do-ICON

SCU DEPUTY COMMANDER,PD CPT,EMS,DELTA SQUAD,TROOPER,FBI