My study of SCP-939 and its ears

Tomato

This test is amazing, I love the amount of research, effort, and lore you put into this. I don't see any mistakes other than you posting it here instead of posting it in SCP, please post any other test logs in the SCP part of SCP_RP Forms. Other command may have other things to say but for me this is amazing.

9/10 Grade
+ Thumbs up?

Edited by friendlywolf
  • Like 1

Research Administrator W

Score: 78/100

Grade: B+

Lore: 20/20
Theming the test around the key sense of SCP-939, allowed for a test that may be seen as passable in canon.

Creativity: 17/20
"Testing Earwax" sounds pretty boring. However the incorporation of ingame events and highly detailed writing made the boring concept alot more interesting.

Presentation: 11/20
Presentation is a little bland. The log consists purely of default looking text, and there are a few typos and grammatical errors sprinkled throughout. (Such as "SCP-939 and it's Ears"). However the writing is what makes the backbone of this test.

Writing: 30/40
I adore the backstory you had written. Such small details can go a long way in writing, and personally, my favourite test logs are ones that tell a good story. The test is written in a way, where you would be seen as a character, who has been developing up to this point. Your interests in SCP-939, eventually culminating into this one test. It makes the test feel alot more personal, and the reasoning behind the test, alot more believable.

Choosing to tie in the reasoning behind SCP-939's hearing loss: as daily occurrences that happen in-game (Such as the CI raids), was an absolutely briliant idea. The list of possible illnesses that may have caused SCP-939's hearing loss, was also packed full of detail, and really drills the sense that effort was put into this.

The text is filled with grammatical errors however, such as uncapitalized letters and oddly structured sentences. Also, when you're writing a test log, avoid shorting SCP-939 to just "939". (This is excused in Audio Logs of course).

Edited by Kumandant