[GL] Greg

lagging

ok so 3 days ago I started lagging super bad. so I re downloaded everything of mine and its still lagging. someone told me the parkour thing was just added maybe that's doing it but I don't think so if someone could help me get this fixed I've been playing on gaming light for long time and its never gotten this bad before. 

It could be your computer how old is it? 

Idk then 

Go check your task manager when running GMOD and see how much memory it uses. if it uses too much you can try closing other applications to speed up your game or try to reseat your ram

I've been lagging at 5 players, It started when a new addon was added, the parkour swep, I think this is the cause

A special person only few know

+Support on what Ruben said, go into task manager and make sure any nonessential tasks like Chrome, Overwolf, or even MyPhone.exe aren't running and eating up your RAM. Some tasks can't be killed such as the Antimalware Service Executable, but you should be able to close most.

- Will, PoliceRP Staff Team
PD Captain | State Sergeant | SWAT Corporal | Dispatcher | SS Senior Special Officer | FBI Special Agent | EMS AEMT | FD Junior Firefighter

im still having the lag I checked out my pc and its fine is anyone else having lag issue 

Maybe how much add-ons you have downloaded?

I still get 50/80 fps

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

I very much doubt that it was anything to do with the SWEP. My performance has stayed the same, around 50-60 FPS, falling only when we reach far over 50 players. I suggest you follow what the others are saying. Make sure your computer isn’t sucking up too much memory from other place, do a full scan to make sure you’re not living with a virus, and look into your settings and make sure they’re not at higher levels. They’re plenty of other SWEPS and Addons in the server SIGNIFICANTLY larger and more impactful than the parkour SWEP so I would hate to see it be used as a scapegoat. 

- SRT Commander Blitzton 1K67

32 minutes ago, Blitzton said:

I very much doubt that it was anything to do with the SWEP. My performance has stayed the same, around 50-60 FPS, falling only when we reach far over 50 players. I suggest you follow what the others are saying. Make sure your computer isn’t sucking up too much memory from other place, do a full scan to make sure you’re not living with a virus, and look into your settings and make sure they’re not at higher levels. They’re plenty of other SWEPS and Addons in the server SIGNIFICANTLY larger and more impactful than the parkour SWEP so I would hate to see it be used as a scapegoat. 

What my he said ^^

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Blitzton said:

BRUH 50-60 FPS DUDE I GET 16 IN SPAWN AND 25-30 IN THE MOUNTAINS. With a solid 50-60 people online

Edited by [GL] Mikey

1 hour ago, [GL] Mikey said:

BRUH 50-60 FPS DUDE I GET 16 IN SPAWN AND 25-30 IN THE MOUNTAINS. With a solid 50-60 people online

Potato  computer?

16 hours ago, Zeeptin said:

Any better now?

I've been noticing that my game freezes now when loading in and visiting each part of the map, but that has always been an issue for me. I'll see if using a GPU rather than using integrated graphics helps..

To rephrase: I believe most of my issues are coming from frame rate rather than something else so I will test this by using an actual GPU rather than using an iGPU which I have used up to this point in time.
Edited by Will (WTLM2013)

PD Captain | State Sergeant | SWAT Corporal | Dispatcher | SS Senior Special Officer | FBI Special Agent | EMS AEMT | FD Junior Firefighter

1 hour ago, Will (WTLM2013) said:

I've been noticing that my game freezes now when loading in and visiting each part of the map, but that has always been an issue for me. I'll see if using a GPU rather than using integrated graphics helps..

Please read what you just said and how this makes no sense what so ever.

7 hours ago, Zeeptin said:

Please read what you just said and how this makes no sense what so ever.

I am not sure how to respond to that unfortunately.