Restrict Grapple

[HRP] Curry

image.thumb.png.6f08e6bac994fd19f3f089c553b88047.png

What do you want to see? -  I would like to see the Grapple Hook to be restricted on ship. For this reason in the picture. Grapple Hook is abused on the ship and used when not needed to be used. If we set it to use it on Defcon 3 or something of that sort I feel like we would see less IC Grappling around the ship. They use it to get their speed up not using it for its proper use which is to get up to high places.

Why should we restrict it? -  Once again all you see and I feel like multiple people would agree is IC is minging with the Grapple Hooks. I would expect them to be professional and kept up to high standards but this is a high ranking IC in this picture above.

What are the advantages of having this? - Restricting the use of the Grapple Hook would hopefully make IC seem less mingy and more professional. I feel like we would also not be seeing them grapple hook themselves everywhere around the ship. Instead we would hopefully be seeing them using the grapple hook for its appropriate purpose which would be getting to unreachable places they need to get to. Not grappling across the ship which they can simply walk.

Who is it mainly for? - IC 

Links to any content -  N/A

image.thumb.png.059ae1eea7e6fd6ba2685a4e5335a299.pngimage.thumb.png.27e1b35cf8517dd50d5cda8b65054fde.pngimage.thumb.png.e4871d23c0fc3ed62006913d65cbc00e.png

Here is more proof of what I am talking about. Make that now 2 Higher ups in IC. With a decent amount of IC doing it as well with them.

Edited by [HRP] Curry
Putting more pictures and proof onto the post

-support

Those things take a lot of time to get used to. Heck, Im still learning how to fully utilize them. We have to practice a ton with them in hopes of learning how to use them best and eliminate fall damage. So next time you see us grappling all over the place, remember a time the ICs either got where no one could or got to a place crazy fast to reinforce or rescue someone

Retired as IRP assistant head game master, IRP SNR admin, PRP admin, IC Commander, SRT 2LT, EMS Head Deputy, FR DEFR

1 hour ago, Rocco_Rex said:

-support

Those things take a lot of time to get used to. Heck, Im still learning how to fully utilize them. We have to practice a ton with them in hopes of learning how to use them best and eliminate fall damage. So next time you see us grappling all over the place, remember a time the ICs either got where no one could or got to a place crazy fast to reinforce or rescue someone

I understand that but they need to go to 2nd HB and say they are practicing or claim it for practice. Not do it right infront of the Bridge Checkpoint. Also if there is no emergency then they should walk or run. So use them when needed not to just get somewhere quickly on Defcon 5 because you don't want to run. I was also told you going from one end of the hallway all the way past the checkpoint to back of Laser Turrets hallway is against the rules. I don't know if that is true or not though. But still my point stands. Use them when you really have to not because you want to be no offense but lazy or want to mess around.

Edited by [HRP] Curry
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, _Alpha_ said:

+1 It's abused quite often, it should be restricted unless its a defcon 3+ or a training session regarding them.

Agreed. They can simply claim a Hanger or go somewhere private where no one goes to practice. Not at major parts of the ship or in the hallways etc.