GENSEC vs. D-Class

Detective Pug

GENSEC vs. D-Class  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who's more responsible for this rivalry?

• Those RDMing GENSEC
    • Those Naruto running D-Boys

Ever since I joined the Gaminglight SCP-RP server two months ago, I noticed that there's been a rivalry and hatred towards the GENSEC and the D-Class. D-Class will say "Stop partial lockdown", only to run up the elevator and get killed constantly, which prevents GENSEC from lifting partial lockdown. D-Class complain about being RDMd while GENSEC warns them to back off or get off of heads or walls and give them 5 seconds. D-Class get shot up while GENSEC try to kill someone else who was a hostile and they were part of the crossfire. The list goes on and on and on. Though I thought of an idea. Let this be a discussion between GENSEC members and D-Class members, and discuss what the other's are doing that infuriates them so much. This can also be a way to improve the RP experience.

Rules:

No calling out names of specific GENSEC or D-Class personal 

No swearing, as much as it makes you mad

No racism, homophobia, any kind of discriminatory terms, etc

Keep it civil, y'all.

One more thing, I didn't make this discussion forum cause i'm a GENSEC fanboy or i'm a rebellious D-Class. This is merely a discussion forum to have all of us discuss this issue that I feel is growing. 

Have Fun! ?

GENSEC are basically prison guards. Why wouldn't they know the names/designations of class D? Also, like many law enforcement and military personnel, wouldn't GENSEC have their names labeled on the uniform?

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

Hello Pug,

These rules are already a thing on the server. While a little bit of banter is okay, it is literally against the rules to harass or call people names on the server. If you see GENSEC or D-class doing it, call an admin. And of course, obscenities are also not really allowed due to the age thing with Gaminglight servers. This is already a thing, the problem is, the interactions between GENSEC/D-Class result in this sort of consistant heated clashing that really cannot be resolved due to the nature of their jobs. The only thing you can do is call staff when people break server rules and get them to resolve it. D-Class have no leaders and thus theres only staff punishment if they do it. But GENSEC does, and we're expected to act professionally. If you catch GENSEC doing it, yes call an admin, but also report it to an WO+ and they should be able to start the process of correcting the behavior. If none is present, record the behavior happening and post in our punishment request room in the GENSEC discord.

It really doesn't matter whos responsible for starting it, the best thing is to end it as soon as it occurs.

Edited by Matricies

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2019 at 11:39 PM, Matricies said:

Hello Pug,

These rules are already a thing on the server. While a little bit of banter is okay, it is literally against the rules to harass or call people names on the server. If you see GENSEC or D-class doing it, call an admin. And of course, obscenities are also not really allowed due to the age thing with Gaminglight servers. This is already a thing, the problem is, the interactions between GENSEC/D-Class result in this sort of consistant heated clashing that really cannot be resolved due to the nature of their jobs. The only thing you can do is call staff when people break server rules and get them to resolve it. D-Class have no leaders and thus theres only staff punishment if they do it. But GENSEC does, and we're expected to act professionally. If you catch GENSEC doing it, yes call an admin, but also report it to an WO+ and they should be able to start the process of correcting the behavior. If none is present, record the behavior happening and post in our punishment request room in the GENSEC discord.

It really doesn't matter whos responsible for starting it, the best thing is to end it as soon as it occurs.

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

• 4 weeks later...

Allow me to elaborate: There seems to be some confusion of what I mean specifically. These are not the rules that I want in the server. Only for this post. Not the servers. I want this to be the place where they can share their stories about their encounters as either GENSEC or D-Class. Just wanted to get it out of the way to avoid further confusion.

On 11/11/2019 at 1:30 PM, Susel said:

There is no encounters. There's just constant TDM in d-block. 

Also the way you put "Those RDMing Gensec" in the vote doesn't really seem neutral does it? 

Agreed

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2019 at 4:30 PM, Susel said:

There is no encounters. There's just constant TDM in d-block. 

Also the way you put "Those RDMing Gensec" in the vote doesn't really seem neutral does it? 

It's for those who play D class more often. I play as SCPs more than anything so I don't play as GENSEC or D class that much anymore.

1 hour ago, Detective Pug said:

It's for those who play D class more often. I play as SCPs more than anything so I don't play as GENSEC or D class that much anymore.

But youll find that most of the d-class who play often are the harder ones to nab because there smarter they watch gensec and how we operate tbh speaking from a d-class perspective if you know what your doing it isnt hard to be d-class 

~Mervin

• Bread locked this topic