Thermals Requirement - Accepted

Catsro

Please make sure suggestions are pertinent and relevant! 

What do you want to see? - Have the MOTD updated to include thermals rules. Also, having to include the reason for adverting thermals in the advert.

Why should we add it? - To help others including staff know why thermals were called by giving a reason for it. it also helps players understand how and when to use thermals. After that reason is gone the thermals must be turned off.

What are the advantages of having this? - No more confusion when people advert thermals if they give a reason for doing so. After there threat is dealt with they can turn off thermals so that they do not have them on 24/7.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - N/A

• Like 3

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

1 hour ago, Naqua said:

+support 
It will be helpful to add a actual reason for calling thermals since when people are trying to check 966's cc and call thermals people call thermals right after them when it is unnecessary. 

It is already a rule in the MOTD that there must be a valid RP reason for thermals to be called.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

1 minute ago, Rookieblue said:

It is already a rule in the MOTD that there must be a valid RP reason for thermals to be called.

yea but I mean that people in MTF call thermals to do something that is a very simple thing like checking 966's cc and after that there will be a big chain reaction of thermals that is unnecessary. So making it required to state the reason for thermals in the advert will make the wave of thermal adverts happen less.

1 hour ago, Naqua said:

yea but I mean that people in MTF call thermals to do something that is a very simple thing like checking 966's cc and after that there will be a big chain reaction of thermals that is unnecessary. So making it required to state the reason for thermals in the advert will make the wave of thermal adverts happen less.

Checking SCP 966's chamber and them not being there is a valid RP reason though. Additionally, it makes RP sense that if one group of MTF discovers something that would make thermals a valid option, all other MTF personnel would then also use them. They have radios and such.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

My idea here is to make it clearer for reasons for thermals. Not just someone saying Thermals in advert and then being able to have them for like 10 mins. There is not a bias here as it effects everyone. It would benefit staff as we can see the reasoning for thermals so in case a sit was called we could better give a decision about the outcome. I wouldn't mind if we also make thermals a timed thing as you can't have them on for long periods of time or you will become blind.

Edited by Catsro

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

8 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

Checking SCP 966's chamber and them not being there is a valid RP reason though. Additionally, it makes RP sense that if one group of MTF discovers something that would make thermals a valid option, all other MTF personnel would then also use them. They have radios and such.

Ok I got it.

I think that mainly it should be a rule that if one person adverts “Thermals” we shouldn’t get a flood of MTF and RCF doing the same. If one person adverts thermals and says nothing in comms, then no one else has a valid reason to activate thermals. The advert for thermals is OOC and let’s staff know people activated thermals, and so they can use that for reference if it’s brought up in a sit. To avoid troubles for staff and to balance it out, players should not be allowed to advert thermals just because they see a thermals advert in chat. If someone comms in something such as “966 breach” or “CI infil in the foundation” then yes, that can all advert it. However if I’m on patrol and checking 966s CC and need to put on my thermals to do so, there should not be a chat spam of thermals adverts following along.

Retired A1 VCMDR//A1 SF Lead Icarus

+Support

Reason: Everyone else explains this better than I could ever do.

Conclusion: More clarifications and add-on of unwritten rules is a must, as many people won't know them until they actually see it in action, and can be confused if they see it, causing issues.

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

3 hours ago, ASimplePlayer said:

+Support

Reason: Everyone else explains this better than I could ever do.

Conclusion: More clarifications and add-on of unwritten rules is a must, as many people won't know them until they actually see it in action, and can be confused if they see it, causing issues.

Current : 
Former : Nu7 COL, HSU Founder (I wrote the SOP so I'm very important clearly), Nu7 MAJ x 2, E11 2LT, SCP Senior Mod, TTT SA, JvS Admin, TS Support 3,  HSU Commissar (💀), RRH Guardian 01
 default_8be418cb-c616-4f46-8ad7-5070b0e81aec_2.jpg.60c85fe9470c071c4e72b026f7a76494.jpg

+ support

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

On 9/20/2019 at 7:00 PM, Rookieblue said:

+ Support.

Should be included under Foundation specific rules.

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia