Stop SCPs camping in front of the D block door - Accepted

Flameyboi

What you want to see? - For a long time as a member of security I've taken the notice of the rules, especially the SCP rules. Now in most general occasions SCPs cannot enter d block, yet for them to camp outside of it is somewhat a different story. Now SCPs such as 1048, 066, and other SCPs sometimes camp outside the d block door. For example SCP-1048, now a lot of them try to follow the RP aspect of 1048, being friendly wanting a hug, wanting to RP. Yet it's different compared to how many of SCP-1048s and 066s camp outside the d block door waiting for someone to say eric or even get shoot as an excuse to scream or cause damage or players. I don't wanna see this happening anymore because it's just a loop hole into the certain SCPS restricted from going into D block. It's often happening and i'd like it to stop.

Why should we add it? - Well it's completely unfair for a lot of people inside d block, and it helps d class escape more often which is more unfair for security when SCPs continue to open the d block door standing outside it fr a while. Restricting this would make it more fair on both ends as nobody would be abusing the SCPs that are unable to enter d block rule. My idea is to make that hallway to d block inaccessible to SCPs not allowed inside, or enforce the rule more. 

What are the advantages of having this? - Mainly complaints of those SCPs trying to get into d block

Who is it mainly for? - SCPs that are unable to go into d block

Links to any content - N/A

We could extend the "SCP Free Zone" so to speak to include the hallway that leads into D-Block. That would likely solve that problem fairly well as it'll prevent SCPs from being able to affect GENSEC holding D-Block, and would prevent a lot of potential mingery there.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

+Support

Reason: This can prevent SCPs from camping, and potentially cause issues. I have seen Keter and Euclid SCPs camp the door as well, and it's a big issue. Making it against the rules will remove the problem, and allow Gensec to actually work instead of being encouraged to hit them/say eric.

Conclusion: Yes. Make this rule a thing. I don't know why it's not a thing and it needs to be a thing.

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

9 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

We could extend the "SCP Free Zone" so to speak to include the hallway that leads into D-Block. That would likely solve that problem fairly well as it'll prevent SCPs from being able to affect GENSEC holding D-Block, and would prevent a lot of potential mingery there.

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

12 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

I believe this would be the best solution since 1048 could just stand near that door and easily kill a few SOs if shot or melee.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

Its almost like we have a rule against SCPs spawn camping...

Players are not allowed to “puppy guard” an opposition’s spawn point.

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

9 hours ago, Knuckles said:

But those aren't spawn points. The D-Class cells and GENSEC bunks are the spawn points.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

On 9/18/2019 at 4:47 AM, Rookieblue said:

Sounds great!

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

18 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Indeed. Its a rule. They can't go camping in the hallway. They can go after you if you watch them or something. But they can't wait in there for you 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

-Support 

I seen this happen so many times and everyone blames the SCPs. SCPs (ones on D block at least) are trying to go about their business and not be a problem. They don't have super hearing that can tell them someone's coming behind the door, be it D class, Security, or whoever comes by. I hate seeing SCPs being the go to reason why RPs are ruined (they might not be) just because they in front of you while both of you are trying to go through a door.

On 9/23/2019 at 2:29 PM, Detective Pug said:

-Support 

I seen this happen so many times and everyone blames the SCPs. SCPs (ones on D block at least) are trying to go about their business and not be a problem. They don't have super hearing that can tell them someone's coming behind the door, be it D class, Security, or whoever comes by. I hate seeing SCPs being the go to reason why RPs are ruined (they might not be) just because they in front of you while both of you are trying to go through a door.

They have and will sit by that door. It happens a lot more than you notice.

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

On 9/23/2019 at 3:29 PM, Detective Pug said:

-Support 

Ok I'm just gonna point out a few flaws in your agurment.

For starters, it is 90% of the time SCPs, that 10% can be CI and or D class personnel both make up 5% each. Gives you 10% of that against the 90% of the SCPs who do it. Its rare to see a d class return to d block only to get killed.

Second they're not breaking any RP in any shape or way. Yet using the d block hallway to camp in it for d class to run through. 1048 and 066 are perfect examples. Now If you were 1048 and had nobody to RP with because research could not be doing their job. Where would you go, HCZ? Just only to be brought back to LCZ by MTF. Its a fact that nearly half of 1048 and 066s will camp outside the d block door waiting for an excuse to scream or for someone to say eric.

You're arugment that it isnt always SCPs fault isnt correct l If you have ever been on the security job for a few hours you'd 100% notice SCPs caming d block door to get RP which they reslly cant RP with security who are 90% of the time in D block. 

Also what are you on about by going through the door, any SCP that isn't 999, 912, 131 A and B, 527, and 343 are allowed in d block. Who cares, im talking about SCPs who are suppose to not be within d block who FOR A FACT. Do camp outside d block for a interaction and an excuse to get shot or say eric or to kill. 

Do you think they're going to listen to us too. They don't clearly otherwise i wouldnt be making this suggestion. Well thanks for your argument, just shared some of my counter arguments.

Edited by Flameyboi

+Support 

This has always been a problem with 1048, and all other SCP's that breach into LCZ. They just sit by the door waiting to be shot to scream, or to just wait to kill anything that they wish not allowing anyone to get by until capture or re-containment. So this would be great to shine a light towards to help keep it from happening.

Thank you for your time.

+support 

Scps like 066 and 1048 are annyoying as hell and spam d-block door all the time, extending the scp free zone to the hallway is the best decision 

Susel - Retired MTF person - "Teamwork makes the dream work"

• 2 weeks later...