Train Overlords Senior Moderator Application- Accepted

Train Overlord

What is your in-game name?: Train Overlord

What is your steam name?: Train Overlord

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:95000511

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain): N/A

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly): Around the 8th of June

What date did you make your forums account?: 8th of June

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not an RP Rank)?: Moderator/ET

How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)?: None (screenshot attached)

Have you donated?: Negative.

What rank are you applying for? : Senior Moderator

Are you staff in another community (BE HONEST)? : Negative

Have you read the staff guidelines?: Yes of course.

Timezone:  AEST

Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): Castro, Rangiatea and Harrison 

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

I believe I deserve and would make an excellent Senior Moderator for my experience gained in Staffing, my community involvement, and my behavior when it comes to Staffing. And as the tradition of my applications, proper explanations are below.

Staffing Experience:

I first became staff on the 21st of July this year and it has been a very welcoming experience to me and also gave me a very unique perspective of this server, one I didn't have prior. I believe I deserve the rank of Senior Moderator as my experience as a Trial Moderator and a regular Moderator has greatly enhanced my opinion and dedication to this server. Through these experiences, my skills have managed to adapt to the rotation of the server and has been adjusted to handle the unfamiliar situations I was once faced with. Sits and situations I used to approach with a sense of unfamiliarity are now replaced with confidence knowing how to operate the various commands at my tips and how to correctly manage the different rule violations encountered. During my few months as Moderator, I have grown fond of the other Staff Members I often work with and communicate with on the Discord, forums or in-game. I have grown a sense of belonging to this community as a Staff Member. I suppose this emotion attached to me when I finally realized I could now identify the regular players of the server even if I didn't have any prolonged interaction with them but residing in a small populated time zone, I suppose that isn't highly surprising. It's because of my experience that I have come to familiarize myself with the commands, punishments, regulations of the server as a Staff Member with the assistance of the more experienced Staff Members aiding me. And I believe I deserve Senior Moderator, because if I was to gain Senior Moderator these experiences will only grow higher and as such my ability to Staff will rise alongside.

Community Involvement:

When it comes to involving myself in the community, I consider myself to play an active part. My activity in-the game is always consistently displaying a high level of activity while maintaining my behavior and stance as Staff. When I am present in-game it's important, to which I understand and act appropriately to maintain a presence in the server rather than keeping to myself. I have discovered many benefits to maintaining an active presence rather than hiding away or ignoring players in OOC as it not only acts as an encouragement for the players to play by the rules knowing a Staff Member is present but also allows myself to get to know and interact with the community consistently although sometimes, I speak to much *insert here*. And on the other side, we have TeamSpeak, discord and the forums. While not as active in replying on the forums then on the server, I do always check the forums multiple times daily cruising through the various sections even if it isn't relevant to me. When dealing with players on the forums that are *attempting* to pick a fight or ranting about their hated Staff Member or experience I never ignore it or only add fuel to the fire by responding with sarcastic, derogatory and non-constructive responses (even if its justified) but rather respond in a positive and constructive manner to attempt to rebuild the relationship that was broken, calm them down and hopefully change their perspective of the server and the Staff Member. When it comes to Teamspeak I usually reside either in the Event channel when hosting events, Staff Member channel when speaking to other Staff and in one of the General channels for open communication to make sure I balance myself being open to others who need to me for whatever reason.

Behavior/ Maturity  

Lastly, my behavior. As a Staff Member of the server I am are expected to uphold yourself in a calm, relaxed manner when managing sits and uncooperative players making sure not to lose your nerve and act irrationally. When it comes to administrating, I find this 2nd nature but rather than just acting in one specific way. My behavior and maturity during staffing adapt and evolves depending on the situation and the behavior of the players. I do this because sticking to one tone tends to alienate myself from the players depending on how they are acting if I approach every situation from the same perspective. When dealing with less serious offenses and both parties are humorous, I tend to replicate this by relaxing and loosening my maturity to fit the situation while making sure that I am performing in lines of how I should be. Because being the only serious tighten person in the room can harm the sit. However, when dealing with more serious situations such as repeated offences, player disrespect and more stronger offences my behaviour changes to a more strict, stern and serious Staff Member to enforce into the players that the situation is serious and when those players know your usual light-hearted tone switched to this it can have quite the effect to them. And of course, this behavior sticks even when I am not administrating.

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

Firstly, I would politely speak to him/her on calming down, freeze them if they are moving/shooting me, grab their SteamID in case they LTAP (you can still speak to players using "X" inside the log menu making this quicker) and then gag them if they don't cease the cursing/mic spamming. After muting them I would elaborate on the offenses they have committed involving Timestamps, kill count and the charges associated with them (Mass RDM and Player disrespect) and alert that failure to cooperate may induce further punishment. Once I have listed the offenses, I will give him/her the chance to say their side and to advise to cooperate. Ungag them and depending on how they respond either thank them or gag them again. After that, I would check the warns, alert them of their punishment depending on the warns and the precise kill count, advise on how to correct this and avoid in the future and issue a 2.7 hour Ban or contact a Higher Staff Member to issue the same or worse punishment (since we can't minge anymore and bans are required for jails over 1000 Seconds).

NOTE:
I feel as if I always need to say this whenever I make a application and that refers to my timezone and activity. I reside in AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) and this time is often disconnected with everyone else (almost never reaching higher then 25 players during 6pm-12am). So, if you haven't seen me online or ingame then I ask that you please consider this when making note of activity (you can always search "AEST current time" and compare from there. 

Resized_20190917_161203001.jpeg

Edited by Train Overlord

Nothing special here, move on.

On 9/17/2019 at 11:40 AM, OddVenom said:

+support 

He is active

no warns 

He’s a nice guy in general 

He deserves the position 

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

1 hour ago, Official Orange said:

+Support

impressive application

I've seen you around and believe the work you've been putting in deserves this position.

Always is friendly 

Active 

No warns

+Support

VERY impressive application

I've seen you around and believe the work you've been putting in deserves this position.

Always is friendly 

Active 

No warns

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

12 hours ago, Catsro said:

+Support

VERY impressive application

Always is friendly 

Active  

No warns

Well well, I am impressed majorly. Good luck and hope you get it my man.

Just here to spread some good news.

Former Epsilon-11 Commander, Mod, Event Team