Self Breaching SCP's - Accepted

Dj V3NM

On 9/15/2019 at 8:38 AM, Skela said:

+Support

I believe the server is ready to have self breaching back.

The list of breach able scp all seems fair.

It actually gives reasons to do certain things, make role-play stands out & also make the timing for each breach seems fair.

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

+Support

It actually gives reasons to do certain things, make role-play stands out & also make the timing for each breach seems fair.

Make SCP's fun again 

#MSFA

Change da world, my final message

goodb ye

+support however I feel some SCP’s need more restrictions then others as this could put the server into chaos 24/7 not the mention CI might not have as many chances to grab SCP’s I think lore should line up with most of these as 096’s cell has to be checked every 2 weeks i think for cracks or holes other SCP’s like 966 I don’t think require “food” in lore the idea of self breaching is a very important topic and with all the feedback this has already gotten I think SMT could look over this change a few things and it could work.

+Support

3 hours ago, Alpha960/lambda-servers.com said:

Plus it helps with scp class boredom 

2 hours ago, Trae said:

Make SCP's fun again 

#MSFA

• Laughing 1

Current Surgical Manager on SCP-RP | NOT INACTIVE | Methbay was an outside job

On 9/15/2019 at 5:38 AM, Skela said:

+Support

It's been a fat minute since I've been on these forums and this is a damn good suggestion

22 hours ago, steppy said:

As long as this can only be done with like 75+ players on (most taking up MTF/RCF), it's a +Support from me. If this gets accepted it needs to be clarified in the MOTD to avoid any confusion. But if there are not Containment Cleaners/Engineers on it would be a problem so I'd say only if they're on or something like that.

23 hours ago, steppy said:

As long as this can only be done with like 75+ players on (most taking up MTF/RCF), it's a +Support from me. If this gets accepted it needs to be clarified in the MOTD to avoid any confusion. But if there are not Containment Cleaners/Engineers on it would be a problem so I'd say only if they're on or something like that.

On 9/15/2019 at 7:38 AM, Skela said:

+Support

On 9/15/2019 at 6:57 PM, Blackbeard said:

-support

The reasoning behind this is that the last time we had self breaching it was horrible, I understand the staff team is more experienced now, but I feel self breaching just shouldn't be added, don't get me wrong its well written and thought of, just it would be hard to keep track of everything. It does add extra RP but I just don't feel like it should be re added.

while both of these are valid arguments i would say im mixed but on the + support side.

It would be hell to enforce the timers.

but it would give scps a reason to not be afk + CI/D class arent needed to let MTF do its main thing... recontain scps.

but. we should not allow multiple self breaches. because there isnt enough containment engie/cleaners. max 2-3

RETINA BURN BOI

+/-Support

This would be more of a hassle to new players that don't know about it if this is added. So I would say it is bad for the server but in reality, all SCP's are ignored unless CI raid or testing in which not all  SCPs are tested on like certain ones. This would be great to have more activity on SCPs so good luck on getting it in.

Edited by Spoopy Max
  • Like 1

Thank you for your time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 5:09 AM, OddVenom said:

+support however I feel some SCP’s need more restrictions then others as this could put the server into chaos 24/7 not the mention CI might not have as many chances to grab SCP’s I think lore should line up with most of these as 096’s cell has to be checked every 2 weeks i think for cracks or holes other SCP’s like 966 I don’t think require “food” in lore the idea of self breaching is a very important topic and with all the feedback this has already gotten I think SMT could look over this change a few things and it could work.

On 9/15/2019 at 7:38 AM, Skela said:

+Support

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

On 10/18/2019 at 6:55 AM, Spoopy Max said:

+/-Support

This would be more of a hassle to new players that don't know about it if this is added. So I would say it is bad for the server but in reality, all SCP's are ignored unless CI raid or testing in which not all  SCPs are tested on like certain ones. This would be great to have more activity on SCPs so good luck on getting it in.

I would disagree with the comment about this being bad for the server. Yes, this would be another thing for newer players to learn about, but that's why if this were to be implemented the rules would be clearly defined in the MOTD. One of the biggest issues with the server is the large learning curve for new players, which is why we're trying to make sure that the MOTD is kept up to date and has relevant information on it.

There are quite a few times when players won't hop on SCPs specifically because they're otherwise going to just sit in their cells forever. That's kind of a mixture of issues with D-Block and such as well, but that's a discussion for another time. Allowing SCPs to be able to self breach when specific criteria are met would allow for better RP opportunities across all the branches, increase playability on the SCP jobs, and could potentially lead to better outcomes overall on the server.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

+ Support
The whole idea as a whole seems like something that can give a better incentive to actually be an SCP, most SCP's already feel like they'll never get out of the CC they're encaged in, and I believe that this self breaching idea is a great solution to a very silly problem, People don't want to stare at a wall for the chance at being able to play the SCP job they want. Also gives an added emphasis on RP that I think is lack luster at the moment.

On 9/15/2019 at 5:38 AM, Skela said:

+Support

Probably already stated but it will most likely increase activity from both technical and janitorial  

Ex-Ahome Cookie  Chicken Pot Pie is good

Alright, I've been discussing and thinking about the logistics of this for a long time now, and I'm going to accept it. However, I'm accepting it as a concept, and I am not going to be using a lot if any of the things from this document. I'm going to be deliberating and writing up documentation about this, and still don't have an ETA but it is in the works!

big cat running GIF