Self Breaching SCP's - Accepted

Dj V3NM

Please make sure suggestions are pertinent and relevant! 

What you want to see? - Myself and other community members would like to bring back SCP self breaches system with an altered take on it. SCP’s in HCZ will have certain maintenance protocols or over all rules to contain them and prevent a breakout. For each of these that use timers the timer is set world based rather than player based meaning that if a person self breaches then get recontained the timer is set for everyone on that job so a different person can not breach on the same job right away. 

~Can only Self-Breach if there are at least 90 people online 

~Does not have to only be Containment Engineers or Containment Cleaner, but any high ranking utility members.

Below are my proposed maintenance or rules for self breaches for each SCP I can clarify if their are any inconsistencies, errors, or general questions :

SCP-035 ~ Every 60 minutes a Containment Cleaner needs to replace the glass case on the mask’s case. SCP-035 has to advert 15 minutes before they are about to breach their cell they need to give a warning every 5 minutes that pass. The message needs to be along the lines of, (SCP-035’s Glass case needs to be replaced in 15/10/5 min.) In RP sense while the Containment Cleaner is changing the case while SCP-035 is flagged on SCP-035 is not yet spawned in and should be counted as nonexistent. 

SCP-049 ~ Every 45 minutes SCP-049 can request a D-Class personnel to ‘Cure.’ SCP-049 has to advert a message that needs to be along the lines of, (I require a patient to cure from the pestilence, I need him within 20/15/10/15 minutes) this needs to be adverted every 5 minutes that passes from the original advert.

SCP-076-2 ~ This class is just a timer every 120 minutes this SCP can breach.

Additional Note ~ Should have some sort of advert warning that it is opening.

SCP-096 ~ Every 90 minutes a Containment Engineer needs to check for cracks or holes on the outside of SCP-096’s containment cell. SCP-096 must advert 20 minutes before they breach along the lines of, (SCP-096’s containment cell needs to be inspected for any cracks or holes on the outside of the cell within 20/15/10/5 minutes.) This needs to be sent every 5 minutes after the original message.

SCP-106 ~ Every 90 minutes three Containment Cleaners needs to apply a base, (just go to cell and say /me applies base,) to neutralize the acidic property of SCP-106’s cell. SCP-106 needs to advert along the lines of, “SCP-106’s cell is being withered away, apply a base within 20/15/10/5 minutes.” This needs to be repeated after the original advert.

SCP-682 ~ Every 90 minutes SCP-682 can request 3 D-Class to calm its bloodlust, it needs to advert something along the lines of, “I request three people to feast on, I demand them to be into my cell within 25/20/15/10/5 minutes,” This needs to be sent every 5 minutes from the original post. Additionally, he can be enraged by any facility member if they insult him in anyway, (actual insults.)

Additional Note ~ The last one is just an option. 

SCP-939 ~ Every 120 minutes SCP 939’s Cells need to be cleaned by a Containment Cleaner and the humidity and pressure levels needs to be regulated by a Containment Engineer. First SCP’s in the containment cells needs to be tranquilized, (Any SCP-939 specimen tranquilized can wake up after they are transferred to adjacent cell or until the other SCP-939 has been transferred into their cell,) Overall this process should require at least one Containment Cleaner, one Containment Engineer, and at least two MTF accompanying them. SCP-939 must advert along the lines of, “SCP-939 containment cell requires maintenance within 25/20/15/10/5 minutes.” This needs to be repeated every 5 minutes after the first advert.

SCP-966 ~ Every 90 minutes SCP-966 needs to be given one D-Class for every two SCP-966 active. SCP-966 need to advert something along the lines of, “SCP-966 needs to be fed, bring them their D-Class within 20/15/10/5 minutes.” This needs to be repeated every 5 minutes that pass after the original advert. When attempting to feed SCP-966, Roleplay putting on a lead suit (/me puts on Lead suit) found in their containment cell, (obviously not in their living space but the room itself.) Then someone is going to send frequency waves through their cell forcing them to go into their frozen state by going up to the terminal in the room and saying, “/me plays the frequency.” 

Additional Note ~ The amount of D-Class is tallied when the first advert is sent meaning if one is on and the facility start bringing one D-Class then four more flag on, the Facility only needs to bring that one and do not have to go back and grab two other D-Class. 

Why should we add it? - This gives the Utility force more things to do and of course gives SCP’s a reason to actually be flagged on rather than the occasional tests that are almost always SCP-049. Also this allows more Class-D to be used, for they have to wait for a Scientist to perform a test. Overall the server will be more interesting and again gives the utility members tasks.  

What are the advantages of having this? - Most of the SCP maintenance procedures were taken straight from the wiki following the lore. This again will make the server more interesting for players who mostly have little to do because most of the time players that operate in HCZ do nothing but patrol or make up bullshit role playing situations. Giving people actual mandatory tasks give more of that excitement each server aims to achieve. 

Who is it mainly for? - Like I have stated this is for the SCP’s themselves, the high ranking utility members, and the people who patrol HCZ.

Edited by Dj V3NM
  • Gaminglight Love 1

+Support

I believe the server is ready to have self breaching back.

The list of breach able scp all seems fair.

It actually gives reasons to do certain things, make role-play stands out & also make the timing for each breach seems fair.

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

1 hour ago, Skela said:

+Support

It actually gives reasons to do certain things, make role-play stands out & also make the timing for each breach seems fair.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

4 hours ago, Skela said:

+Support

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

10 hours ago, Skela said:

+Support

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

19 minutes ago, Bread said:

This would only work when the server is highly populated, and it would be difficult for staff to keep track of everything.

Yes that is why it says can only self breach if there are at least 90 people online, Also I trust in the abilities of the staff members.

-support

The reasoning behind this is that the last time we had self breaching it was horrible, I understand the staff team is more experienced now, but I feel self breaching just shouldn't be added, don't get me wrong its well written and thought of, just it would be hard to keep track of everything. It does add extra RP but I just don't feel like it should be re added.

Retired Super Admin Blackbeard (SCPRP) | Retired Director of Containment: Blackbeard | Retired Director of Task Forces: Blackbeard | The One and Only Omicron-9 Commander | Retired O5-6 "The American" (SCPRP)

2 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

-support

The reasoning behind this is that the last time we had self breaching it was horrible, I understand the staff team is more experienced now, but I feel self breaching just shouldn't be added, don't get me wrong its well written and thought of, just it would be hard to keep track of everything. It does add extra RP but I just don't feel like it should be re added.

While self breaching caused on number of issues previously, I don't think that should hold us back from moving forward. With a more experienced staff team, coupled with concrete and documented rules for how self breaching should occur, we'll be able to tailor breaches to the status of the server and quickly handle any issues that pop up. Additionally, with the expansion and increased RP function that the Utility Branch now provides, this function will significantly increase cross branch interactions. Additionally, allowing self breaching will significantly increase the playability of SCPs that would otherwise be sitting and chilling in their cells all day until a random researcher comes to do a test or a D-Class breaks all the way to them to let them out.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

+Support

Suggestion is well thought out. I understand in the past Staff has had issues with self breaching, however, the logs of adverts should give Staff the needed information to enforce and maintain this correctly. It's evident if someone is self breaching following or not following the rules with the time stamps of their messages.

Edited by Train Overlord

Nothing special here, move on.

+Support

Reason: It actually gives SCPs the ability to actually do fun things, allows for more roleplay, and actually seems balanced.

Conclusion: Why not add it?

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

+Support

I feel like the server is ready for this, and utility could use it. However, staff will have a hard time documenting this.

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

3 hours ago, Hoovy said:

I feel like the server is ready for this, and utility could use it. However, staff will have a hard time documenting this.

As hoovy stated, with the time limits set in this suggestion it will be extremely difficult to keep track of self breaches. 

I am fine with self breaching but I feel it should go back to the old self breach but make it 15-20 minutes for every SCP.

I also don’t think a player should have to wait 2 hours on a SCP job to escape.

Unless the time situation is resolved it’s a

-Support from me.

Edited by Weareinfected

2 hours ago, enuz | trade.tf said:
23 hours ago, Bread said:

This would only work when the server is highly populated, and it would be difficult for staff to keep track of everything.

Yeah, I don't know about this.

SCP-RP Moderator | CI LTCOL Boozle LC32 

Again I made the time limits in a way so it will be hard to be too chaotic and even if the time is not exact staff should know that something happened like an hour ago no one has to exactly time stuff it is just made so no one does it right after another, Also as I have said there has to be ATLEAST 90 people on which can be raised or lowered to a preferred time. Also, I belive this system is well thought out and this is something that the community wants.

+Support

SCP jobs as a whole are boring especially ones like 106 or 096 who are rarely if not ever tested on and this would give more incentive to play as an scp

Current : 
Former : Nu7 COL, HSU Founder (I wrote the SOP so I'm very important clearly), Nu7 MAJ x 2, E11 2LT, SCP Senior Mod, TTT SA, JvS Admin, TS Support 3,  HSU Commissar (💀), RRH Guardian 01
 default_8be418cb-c616-4f46-8ad7-5070b0e81aec_2.jpg.60c85fe9470c071c4e72b026f7a76494.jpg

On 9/15/2019 at 8:38 AM, Skela said:

+Support

No one Remembers me ~ AHOT Reaper

-Support

The only way I could see this being added back is if there was some way the server itself could track the amount of time before SCPs were allowed to breach, with administration being able to check the breach timers. However, I do not see this being a feasible or even realistic thing that could be added.

On 9/15/2019 at 8:38 AM, Skela said:

+Support

ImperialRPSenior Moderator - Game Master - Naval CaptainInquisitor Lord IV - Emperor's Wrath69th Division Vice Commander Medical Droid [R4-854]

Imperial.png.4dd01da1de2342578663ea904a7b151b.png

12 hours ago, pixelated pancakes said:

+Support

SCP jobs as a whole are boring especially ones like 106 or 096 who are rarely if not ever tested on and this would give more incentive to play as an scp

Researchers are legitimately not allowed to test on 106 without 05 clearance, kinda the same with 096 because of the vulnerability there is to breaching

Even if the timers are hard to keep account of there are simple lua addons that can manage this which regardless is not needed cause the time that they have to wait is hard to be mistaken staff are going to remember if the same SCP just breached because the even if the timer was around 20-15 minutes off it wouldn't be too much of an issue and I belive our staff team is ready for the challenge.