SCP-049-02 Land Speed Measurement 9-14-19

Stuart

Clearance Level: Level 2 personnel, level 3 access

List of Personnel involved in testing: AR jimmy Savile, and MTF E11 HCE COL Jakub.

Level D personnel involved:  D-Class #4562, and D-Class #4783

SCP: 049, and 049-02

Errors and/or safety hazards: The main risk was to extract SCP-049 out of temporary containment after he cured a D-Class.

Question: What is the land speed of SCP-049-02

Background Research: There was no measured land speed of SCP-049-02, and that's why I wanted to test it.

Hypothesis: My guess is that SCP-049-02 would move slightly faster than an average human, considering his bodily structure had been changed.

Observation/Visual Stimuli(Photos/videos): (Game crashes when I take screenshots, so none today)

AR Jimmy Savile: Hello 049, today we are going to take you Temporary Euclid containment.

SCP-049: *Nods Head*

We proceeded to put SCP-049 into restraints, and transported him to temporary Euclid containment.

AR Jimmy Savile: We are going to place one D-Class with pestilence in your CC, and I want you to cure him. After you have cured him we will restrain you and place you outside. Do you understand?

SCP-049: Yes, I do.

AR Jimmy Savile: Ok which one of you wants to be first?

D-Class #4783: Oh pick me!

AR Jimmy Savile: Ok, right this way.

I proceeded to walk the D-Class into the CC and un-restrained him. SCP-049 proceeded to cure the D-Class, and was then put into cuffs and removed from the CC.

SCP-049-02 stood in the corner with no one to command him. 

AR Jimmy Savile: Ok D-Class #4562, you are up next.

We placed the D-Class at the opposite end of the CC, exactly 10 meters, ~30 feet away from SCP-049-02. I exited the room and fired a shot off to provoke SCP-049-02 and started a stopwatch. SCP-04-02 proceeded to charge the D-Class, and reached his position in 2.094 seconds. SCP-049-02 killed the D-Class.

We opened the CC to restrain SCP-049-02, and to take it to the incineration room, but he charged us, and was terminated by me. MTF jakub took SCP-049 back to his CC, and I took the corpse of SCP-049-02 to the incineration room. After incinerating SCP-049-02 I was admitted to the med bay, and was brought to good health.

Analysis and Conclusion: From this, I can conclude that SCP-049-02 traveled at ~5 meters per second, hence the 2 seconds it took for him it to travel 10 meters. 5 meters per second translates to ~18kph, which is roughly 11mph. From this we can conclude that SCP-049-02 travels slightly above the average human running speed, and should be treated with caution, even from a distance.

Do your results align with your hypothesis?: Yes, 11mph is slightly above the average human running speed, and is rather quick for a subject who has been recently cured.

Approved by the Director of Research and Security and the Head of Research. For use in Site-05.

Secure,

Contain,

And Protect.

Score: 70/100

Grade: B

Lore: 20/20

You listened to previous critiques and ended with a test log that's much more faithful to SCP-049-2.  

Creativity: 14/20

Concept seems kind of dull. Perhaps further elaboration on why you needed to know the speed of SCP-049-2 would help support this question. It's clear that this question was created to be applicable towards multiple SCPs, which there is nothing wrong with. 

Presentation: 9/20

Presentation is average. Just simple text that follows the format with not much changed. (If you're still having problems taking screenshots, you can either verify your game cache, or use an alternative like print screening). The jumbled mix of speech and narration does also come off as messy. Maybe look into separating speech using an audio log.

Detail: 27/40

There was no reason why that second D-class had to be sacrificed for this test. My suggestion, put the D-Class behind a glass wall opposite to SCP-049-2. D-Class are expendable, but they're not unlimited in supply.

A minor thing that should be changed is also the narration being in first person. Unless the words are directly coming out of your mouth in an audio log, the portions that are used to describe events and such should be written in third person.

The measurements were absolutely crucial to this test, which is why it is a good thing that they were nicely made. Work was clearly put into this, as the calculations do check out. (The inclusion of both Metric and Imperial were a nice touch).

The large amount of description throughout the test also made the events easy to follow, as it created a clear image of what was happening in-game.

Edited by Kumandant