SCP-939 and SCP-098 Cross Experiment 9/13/19

Schölinger

Context: This is part of a mass experiment held by Development Assistant Manager Wolfer. 

Clearance Level: 2

List of Personnel involved in testing: Development Assistant Manager Wolfer, among others.

Level D personnel involved: None.

SCP: 939 and 098

Errors and/or safety hazards: SCP-939 is a incredibly dangerous SCP, as is SCP-098 when hungry. It is absolutely important to have heavy security present at the test. Around 939, movement should be minimal, and it is important to not create a threatening demeanor towards the 098s.

Question: When presented with multiple sounds to replicate, how will SCP-098 respond?

Background Research: SCP-098 acts similarly to 939, mimicking sounds to confuse prey. However, I wonder if they will be capable of producing multiple sounds from apparently different sources in the way 939 can when concerning a single entity, or if they will simply get confused.

Hypothesis: I hypothesize that SCP-098 will become confused when presented with varying sounds from a single instance of SCP-939. Generally, they have only been exposed to prey that produce their own noises, not entities that can produce sounds from multiple different sources. This should make for an interesting experiment!

Observation/Visual Stimuli(Photos/videos): SCP-098 did not come to conflicts with the instances of SCP-939. SCP-098 spent the duration of the experiment replicating all sounds created by the instances of SCP-939 without failure or confusion.

Analysis and Conclusion: SCP-098 proved to be capable of replicating all sounds of the sources given, proving that it has a wider range of vocalization than I had originally thought. This only serves to show a more dangerous side of SCP-098, an SCP that is generally considered safe. While they are not as hostile as SCP-939, it is definitely something to take into consideration that they are capable of reproducing sounds like this, as it makes them more dangerous to handle. Hopefully this can be kept in mind in the future when handling them.

Do your results align with your hypothesis?: The results proved my hypothesis to be wrong, but this is still good. This information in mind allows us to handle SCP-098 more carefully in the future, taking their danger into greater concern.

Current: Goofball

Former: RnD Delta Command, Foundation Doctor, RFA Agent, RRH Analyst