17 members have voted

1. 1. Should SM Ryan be promoted to LT?

• Yes
    • No

Rank You are Applying For: Lieutenant

In-Game Name: SM Ryan 1B27 / Ryan The Epic Guy

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:177289514

Current Rank: Sergeant Major

How long have you been in your current rank?: 2 years (give or take a few months)

As for how long it has been since my return, approximately two weeks.

What timezone are you in?: Eastern Standard Time

How many Warns do you have?: 0 (There are 44 warns that are still showing, but they were all appealed successfully, and will be removed soon) EDIT: I just looked at the warns through the forums and they were no longer there. I haven’t been able to get on to check in-game, but I do believe that they have been officially removed

Why should you be promoted (150 words Minimum):

There is much to say about why I deserve the rank, and it all comes down to several topics listed below

Experience:

My story in the department and Gaminglight as a whole is a long one, and it is only fair that everyone knows who I am and who i have been before accepting me into such a prestigious position. Most of the events I will describe happened several years ago, and my memory may be inaccurate on the finer details. I hereby vow to retell everything as accurately as I can, and to fix any inaccuracies that are brought to my attention. If you notice something wrong send me a private message and I’ll fix it as soon as possible.

Pre-Police RP: My journey in Gaminglight begins before joining Police RP for the first time. In fact, Police RP had only recently come out when I first found Military RP. I worked hard to be the best I could there, and even worked my way up to a 2 LT in the U.S. Navy. Eventually I decided to try out Police RP, which at the time was new and growing rapidly. I immediately was hooked on it. Everything that Military RP lacked was there. There was so much to do, and I longed to get into it. I eventually quit Military RP in order to fully dedicate myself towards Police RP.

The First Days of Police RP: The very first thing I did in Police RP was join the Cadet job. Back then the automatic quiz had only just been introduced, and it wasn’t very good at teaching how the job worked. After a few accidental taser rushes, fear rp violations, and complaints of my major lack of radio discipline, I was demoted to Cadet, and I was retrained by one of PD command. This was a major help, and I was able to learn better on what I had to do. After this I learned to watch closely and learn how my superiors worked so that I could learn and grow from them. I was eventually promoted to SNR, but there was one thing that I hadn’t even realized was an issue. Driving proved to be my major downfall, as I had never before been exposed to it. I crashed nearly every 100 feet, and PD command noticed it. Eventually I was demoted due to my inability to operate a vehicle, and I nearly left for good. But I didn’t. I returned the next day and began to explore the criminal life. This allowed me to learn to drive much better, and I quickly learned to outmaneuver PD in chases.  Eventually there was an update that introduced the Crips and the Bloods, which I enjoyed greatly. In retrospect this also was one of the worst moments in my time on Gaminglight. It marked the beginning of the worst of my days.

The Mingey Days: Playing as a Crip Shot Caller had a very negative effect on me. I began to grow ignorant, not caring anymore about rules. I did what I wanted when I wanted. I began to quickly accumulate warns, as I broke numerous rules left and right with no care in the world. Eventually I purchased everything I could buy. After doing so I found no more purpose in playing. My ignorant viewpoint saw nothing left to work for besides cars and money, and I had obtained both. After this I left for a month and a half, having accumulated over 30 warns in a very short period of time...

The Glory Days: After a short month and a half break, I returned a new man. I missed the PD and decided to change from my mingey ways. The community quickly noticed the dramatic change in my attitude, as it was apparent. I quickly rose up the ranks in the PD, the FBI, and the EMS. I also applied for T-Mod, but unfortunately the community felt that it was too soon, and that I needed to prove myself different due to my warn count. While I was waiting, I joined the state troopers, and worked myself up to a SNR Trooper. At this point I tried once more and was accepted into the staff team with a very highly supported application. I spent every second of every day on staff for several weeks, which costed me both my command position in EMS and my Trooper position. But I didn’t care. I loved to help players in every way I could, even if it meant sacrificing good positions. When I wasn’t on staff, I was on my PD job, training new cadets and helping to teach the OFCs the lessons I learned, and several of those OFCs I proudly watched rise the rank ladder, and a couple even eventually passed me, and got to PD low command. After a couple months, the community seemed to flip on a dime. Never had I before thought that the community was capable of such toxicity. Memes had been made of harassing and bullying me. I tried to play along, laughing along, but it had begun to affect me outside of Gaminglight. My schoolwork was affected, and I became obsessed with trying to be who the community wanted me to be, hoping it would solve the problem. Instead this made it worse, and I seriously considered leaving. I continued pushing on, and several staff members began to use their powers to warn me for anything they could possibly warn me for. All the stress was getting to me at this point, and it caused me to make small blunders here and there that the community used as grounds to try to remove me from anything they could. At long last I could no longer take it and I put up my 48-hour notice on May 20’th, 2018.

A New Era: About a week ago I finally returned, missing the old days of Gaminglight. I accustomed myself to the changes since my departure nearly a year and a half ago. It has felt like a completely different community, with the people who were mods back when I used to be around now SMTs and retired staff. It shocks me. Since my return I have deeply dedicated myself to the PD and stay up late into the night in training the new Cadets. As SGT Jayden, who trains with me on a regular basis, will testify, I use my experience from being an OFC several years ago to give the new cadets what they really need. Not just someone reading off the training guide, but someone who can show them everything and let them interact with their tools and resources. I have been known to give them limited lessons in driving, and to let them use the OFC whitelist so that they can use their items and experience how they work, instead of quickly being read off a script that will quickly be forgotten. Outside of training I am also known to coordinate the lower ranks, teaching them what to do in the situation, guiding them into what they need to be doing, instead of running inside and facing a demotion. Since the old days I have completely changed as a person, being known to give criminals several years off sentences just for being cooperative. I do what I can to be a positive presence in the True North Police Department and will sacrifice much in order to give everyone a positive experience.

Throughout my time I have learned and grown. I have learned much that has shaped me into who I am today. I hope to use this wisdom in a good way by joining PD low command.

Professionalism:

I’m not going to lie and say, “I’m super serious 24/7 about everything that happens around me, never ever joking around.” I am serious, but with a sense of humor. I am serious when needed, and chill otherwise. When something is happening that requires attention, I am known to not only do my part, but also to help others do theirs. I usually am seen coordinating the lower ranked PD members, keeping them from running in with tactical units and showing them how to set up a proper perimeter. When tactical units are unable to respond, and PD is required to make entry, I make use of my Military RP training, formulating ideas on how to best breach, doing what I can to help others to not get killed. I also have been known to spend hours on end training new cadets, going many times as in depth as the guide, sometimes spending over an hour in a session so that all new officers are the best they can be. As of the time I am writing this, every one of the cadets I have trained passed the test with at least 4/5 correct on their first attempt, and none of them have ever gotten into trouble with command for breaking a department rule. I also have helped many returning players who have forgotten how the department works. When being serious is not needed I typically am a chill person. I give Hotshot the finger for dabbing and get incinerated by a flamethrower or let my OFC RP that my radio is stuck on auto scan. I try to be a positive presence in every way I can, and giving a good laugh is an important aspect of

doing that successfully.

By the way, enjoy this random meme I found on my computer

Random meme

Skill:

My goal in this section is NOT to say how I’m better than everyone at everything, as that simply is not true. Everyone is good in their own way, and no single person is “better than everyone else.” My goal instead is to show three areas that I excel the most in.

Driving: At first driving was my great downfall. Over the years I have improved greatly and am one of a few PD members that can drive at full speed while staying within the correct lane. I am by no means perfect, but I do think that I am better than most others. I have also mastered tactical maneuvers, and often end pursuits I am in quickly.

Training: As stated before, I am very dedicated to training cadets. I do it in a unique way and it works well. If I am able to get permission, I give serious cadets the OFC whitelist to use during training so that they can test how their gear and tools work. I also spend about an hour to train, so that I can truly go into the depth that is necessary. I am also skilled at training in bulk, and with SGT Jayden have peaked at 6 cadets at once, all of which passed the test on their first attempt with perfect scores. I also work hard to help OFCs. Many others find them annoying and leave them to run around the streets on their own. That isn’t what the OFC rank is about. The entire point is for new players to learn from their superiors how to do their job properly. I usually have up to three ride alongs, and unlike many others I give them the guidance they need. I also give limited trust to certain OFCs I know are trustworthy, occasionally allowing them to grab the car if we went far away or letting them put prisoners in jail on their own.

Leadership: I am a natural leader, and I make no effort hide it. I’m commonly seen coordinating the lower ranks, making sure they are doing what they should be. For instance, in hostage situations I keep the PD out of sight just around the corner, having them set up a blockade. Another example of this is bank raids. I am most often running around keeping OFCs and SNRs from running in with SWAT while also teaching PD members how to set up a proper perimeter, something that an alarming number of people don’t seem to learn in training. I commonly give one-on-one talks to those who have issues in one way or another, so that they can fix their behavior before command demotes them for it. Many of the lower ranks often come to me first with not only questions, but also reports and recommendations, which I pass on to command if I need to do so.

Dedication:

I am no Spring chicken. I first joined Police RP only a couple months after it was initially released and loved it ever since. I’ve spent a few thousand hours on the server (the tab menu is relatively new, and it only counts time spent after it was implemented. When I left it was also broken, and therefore it only has recorded the time I have spent on the server after I recently returned). I want to finally get somewhere where I can do something to pay back the community for all of the joy it has brought to my life. PD command will let me do contribute and help grow the group that has always brought me back to the server. The PD.

(To save you a large amount of time, there are 2,175 words above. Your welcome ? )

You agree that disobeying any rules set by High Command will result in an immediate demotion (Yes/No):

Yes, I agree that disobeying rules see by High Command will result in my immediate demotion/blacklist

Edited by Ryan The Epic Guy

Yea above reasons.'

You just got back to the server, I'd wait a bit before applying. Get more know around the somewhat newer people.

Your app is very detailed but we want to know why you should be promoted not so much your whole star wars trilogy lore explenation if you understand what I mean. But you have put alott of effort in tho so props for that. Shows that you want it.

gl

Edited by Freeze

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

• Head Admin
14 hours ago, Freeze said:

Yea above reasons.'

You just got back to the server, I'd wait a bit before applying. Get more know around the somewhat newer people.

Your app is very detailed but we want to know why you should be promoted not so much your whole star wars trilogy lore explenation if you understand what I mean. But you have put alott of effort in tho so props for that. Shows that you want it.

gl

Overall rating: + Support

I've seen Ryan on almost every day and has been a very strong leader in the PD. While I did not know about your past, I am happy to hear you have changed since then. As stated by the above posts, you did get back only a week ago (if I read correctly) and it would be a good idea to play a bit more on the server so that HC and other members can make a better decision on if you are fit for command or not (at the moment I think you are). Another point is that while you just got your warnings appealed, it would have been good to have submitted this when they were cleared.

Good luck Ryan!

- LT Will 1L52

Edited by WTLM2013 (Will)

Forklift_Signature.png

It’s not advertising if they’re my friends and it’s in our discord. That post was in a private Discord that only a few of us are in, all of us being close with each other, and was posted after several people asked me for the link so they could + support it. In the future it would be nice if you actually told the entire story instead of just the part that makes me look bad. Thanks for taking the time to hear my side of the story, it means a lot

32 minutes ago, Ryan The Epic Guy said:

It’s not advertising if they’re my friends and it’s in our discord. That post was in a private Discord that only a few of us are in, all of us being close with each other, and was posted after several people asked me for the link so they could + support it. In the future it would be nice if you actually told the entire story instead of just the part that makes me look bad. Thanks for taking the time to hear my side of the story, it means a lot

Even if it's a group with your friends, it is still classes as advertising.

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

3 hours ago, RubenTheRealMVP said:

- Support

Advertised Application

Sending it into a private discord and asking your friends to + Support it is still Advertising

Understood. My apologies for being dishonest. I didn’t realize that it counted if it was private. I have deleted the post if that makes anything better.

- Support

Was an outrageously rude and mingey person before he left. Left because he had 40 warns and didn't want to be banned. Getting 40 warns is outrageous. Your behaviour and how you presented yourself to the community even if you left will always be remembered by me and I will continue to remember what you did. I haven't once received an apology for the grief you've caused. 

I know you have "returned a new man" but I'm not buying it.

Untitled-2.png.340348ae20671cd9033dba833d191c9e.png

On 9/18/2019 at 7:25 AM, Yobo said:

- Support

Was an outrageously rude and mingey person before he left. Left because he had 40 warns and didn't want to be banned. Getting 40 warns is outrageous. Your behaviour and how you presented yourself to the community even if you left will always be remembered by me and I will continue to remember what you did. I haven't once received an apology for the grief you've caused. 

I know you have "returned a new man" but I'm not buying it.

Good point I agree with this

• Fame locked this topic