SCP-049 Knowledge Test

Schölinger

Clearance Level: 2

List of Personnel involved in testing: MTF Nu7 PFC Waffle PT7

Level D personnel involved: None.

SCP: 049

Errors and/or safety hazards: Hazmat suits are to be equipped as to best prepare oneself against 049. The MTF will be advised to keep their weapons trained on SCP-049 at all times. In order to avoid creation of an SCP-049-2 instance, and due to the nature of the substances being handled, no personnel without a hazmat suit is to enter the CC. 

Question: To what extent will SCP-049's medical knowledge present itself? Will SCP-049 recognize the medications given to him, and if so could this mean his medical prowess could be yielded to the benefit of the Foundation?

Background Research: SCP-049 is a dangerous entity to deal with. Direct contact with him should be avoided at all costs, as previous observations have shown that he is capable of instantly killing an individual simply by touch. SCP-049 is said to be considerably old. Considering SCP-049's age, it will be necessary to give him a sufficient lab to help in identifying the substances.

Hypothesis: I hypothesize that SCP-049 will be more familiar with older treatments and medicines than modern-day procedures. If this is the case, his usefulness to the Foundation may be limited. However, if his knowledge is more expansive than thought, he could easily prove as a source of last-effort emergency treatment.

Observation/Visual Stimuli(Photos/videos): 

Analysis and Conclusion: SCP-049 demonstrated a ready capability of working with the tools given. Three out of the four substances presented were correctly identified, two by use of the lab and two simply by sight. SCP-049 readily recognized dated substances that would have existed during his era, and sufficiently wielded the modernized lab to identify substances of the common day. This proves to a certain extent that SCP-049 does have a sufficient medical knowledge to recognize medicines, as well as their purposes. This being said, more research will need to be done on other methods of medical treatment, such as surgery.

Do your results align with your hypothesis?: My hypothesis was correct. SCP-049 readily recognized older substances, although it caught me by surprise that he was capable of identifying newer substances as well. Perhaps he could serve as good use to the Foundation in the future.

Current: Goofball

Former: RnD Delta Command, Foundation Doctor, RFA Agent, RRH Analyst

• Head Admin

Quite surprising. From my experience with 049; SCP-049 has been quite narrow-minded. Whilst trusting him with foundation personnel currently is far too risky. (Besides D class; And perhaps E class?)
Perhaps by making attempts to broaden his perspective could serve to somewhat pacify SCP-049? Otherwise, certainly an interesting test.