gandhi

Smokey / Sam's ban appeal

MAJOR EDIT: I accidentally put blackbeard instead of blackstone

Steam Name: Sam the unoofer

Ingame Name: Smokey

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:96088984

Ban Length: Perma'd on September 1st

Admin that Banned you: Can't remember, one of the super admins

Reason for Ban: DDOSS Threats - Saying I had blackstone's IP and I'm going to DDOSS him in TS

Dispute: I wish to appeal this as it was blatent that I was joking as I tried saying it in the most sarcastic way possible like "I got blackstone's IP, I guess it's time to DDOSS him!! lol jk not really". Some took it as a joke but others took it seriously including Ghopit and Blackbeard in which they reported me for DDOSS threats. What I said was a joke and I have no idea how to even DDOSS anyway. The reason he passed it on and deliborately missed the joke is because at the time me and him had personal issues which I won't disclose openly which therefore means he is more likely to lie and make things seem worse than they actually were, not an accusation but this is commonly seen with people who have a grudge on someone.

Overall it was a stupid reason for a ban of this calibre and I wish to have it re-evaluated for the neccessesity.

Edited by gandhi

- Support

- You got banned for making threats about a very serious topic that you were "joking" about despite, in your reasoning, it seemed to be a very in depth joke. 

- You call the ban stupid without even being considerate about it, basically disrespecting the reasoning for it and the person. Even if you say you didn't do this one, it was an unneeded and unprofessional comment to purposefully add at the end of an appeal anyways. 

- Claiming that BlackBeard had personal issues against you, claiming that he lied because of such despite you even admitting that you did what you did within this post. 

Conclusion: Not only have you been very disrespectful in this APPEAL, but you used other people to try and put blame on while dodging it yourself. I don't think I saw a single apology, yet I saw you blame 2 or 3 people by naming them, or using them to dodge the ban. 

Edited by The Diddler

Mega -Support

Joke or not, it is still against the rules of the community. And anything that sounds like a DDOS threat is a permanent ban on sight. It's common sense, we permaban those who make those type of threats because it is to protect the users of our community and the community in general.

In my honest opinion you should not have even been allowed appeal.

spacer.png

+/-support

The DDOS threat towards a player was a huge no no, though you've screwed up plenty, you can do a lot of good sometimes as well as being helpful, when we did talk about this matter you did seem sincere about the ban and seemed willingly to change. I would honestly probably say one more chance would be okay, but the chance to come back should not be taken lightly, seeing you would have to reprove yourself. Though that's not my call that's at least what I think of the matter, either way good luck on the request.

Blackbeard.

-Support

“Look around. We’re one and the same. Same heart, same blood.” – CT 5555

+/- Support
You shouldn't be making DDOS jokes in the first place, but I feel that you deserve some sort of a second chance. From what I heard, you were respectful from when you were talked to about it, and I feel you seriously need to tone down on the edgy humor in general and stop making jokes that will get you in trouble. The ban should be shortened to about a month or so and your chance should be something for you to prove that you're better. Good luck with your appeal.

spacer.png
Former MTF Nu7 CMDR | Current Nu7 CPT | SCP RP Admin    I dont think my image is big enough

3 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

+/-support

The DDOS threat towards a player was a huge no no, though you've screwed up plenty, you can do a lot of good sometimes as well as being helpful, when we did talk about this matter you did seem sincere about the ban and seemed willingly to change. I would honestly probably say one more chance would be okay, but the chance to come back should not be taken lightly, seeing you would have to reprove yourself. Though that's not my call that's at least what I think of the matter, either way good luck on the request.

It's not okay to do so but I agree with Blackbeard on the support.

SCPRP Admin | Forum Diplomat | Discord Moderator | CI COL Catsro

+/- Support

You had threatened to DDOS a player but even as myself and jeffe told you that you would be receiving a perma ban from the server and that is would be unlikely to be appealled, you remained calm about the situation you didnt go off, you didnt lose hope, and you even asked us when you think would be a good idea to appeal. It is because of this that i am giving you a +/- support as i feel you wont make this mistake again 

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

Jokes are funny until they cross a line, and what you joked about clearly did cross a line.

Pending

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator