Thermal Vision addon - Denied

Icarus

Before anyone comments “Hey someone’s suggestion for this just got denied.” Yes, I understand, however I reviewed it, saw what flaws were going on with it, and went ahead and found a much better add on, as well as redid the pitch. This plugin will work much better for the server as I’ve seen it work on other servers.

What you want to see? - I would like to see a legitimate thermal vision add on brought into SCPRP as I feel it is both necessary, and improves overall immersion and gameplay. The add on that looks like he best fit would be this one (also linked below). 

Why should we add it? - It should be added because it would improve the overall gameplay and immersion. It would make thermals work when they are needed, and not have to rely on cloaked people/SCPs uncloaking around those with thermals. This also makes it so those that are cloaked don’t need to uncloak. This helps since only certain people have thermals, if I activate thermals in LCZ around an infil, and they uncloak around all of gensec then all of them also see the infiltration when realistically they shouldn’t. This not only gives help to people that use thermals, but people that enjoy playing as infils, 966, and any other person with a cloak. It’s also not overpowered. As seen in the add on’s pictures. The plugin slightly distorts vision when turned on as thermals would. You see their heat signature, but can’t make out distinguishable features, So it’s not like you can use them 100% of the time and have an advantage. 

What are the advantages of having this? - I’m going to explain for those who just looked at the screenshots and saw that you can see people through walls, there is customizability. First off as it says in the add on description, the option to be able to see through walls can be disabled. Other features that would be customizable would be the range. It can be set that you can’t see invisible people using thermals if they are a certain distance away. The final, and most important thing is that it’s very easy to install, and the developer designed it specifically for Rp game modes (I know it says how to install into darkrp, however from my understanding as I have done a lot of work with server files and created server files before, most of not all rp game modes are based off of darkrp, and just edited). It’s also confirmed by the developer that it can be selected to only work for certain jobs, and being that on the server only certain jobs have access to thermals, said jobs can be selected in the file and be allowed access to the thermals. Now, I understand that people may say that people can abuse thermals since they must have a reason to activate them, and to that I give two solutions. 

1. Remove the rule that makes it so people need a reason to turn on thermals. 

2. Still require people to advert thermals while activating them. (For example if someone kills 966 or an infil without adverting thermals then they can still be punished).

Who is it mainly for? - MTF, RCF, CI

Links to any content - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1303235418

Edited by Icarus

Retired A1 VCMDR//A1 SF Lead Icarus

1 hour ago, MizterBoozleNoozle said:

-People might (will) use these for the wall advantage while not having an RP reason to use them.

I explained in the post that the wall part can be turned off server wide, making it so it’s impossible to abuse.

On 9/9/2019 at 5:38 PM, Gunther said:

+Support on the idea, but if it doesn't work well with the server, it doesn't matter at that point.

+Support

With the balancing of the way it works for no abuse you could get this into the server, it looks so interesting and it would allow for a better experience of activating thermals then just adverting it, it would change the actual gameplay.

Thank you for your time.

On 9/9/2019 at 11:38 PM, Gunther said:

+Support on the idea, but if it doesn't work well with the server, it doesn't matter at that point.

Ex MTF Alpha 1 Captain 

On 9/9/2019 at 4:38 PM, Gunther said:

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

Sounds good if it works with the server and see through walls can be turned off. 

+support 

Edited by erinemmanueljacob5 (trading)
Grammar

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

18 hours ago, Bucket said:

There is one in the server, it just isn't used

Yes there is one, but it requires someone to spawn them in. This one doesn’t need to be spawned in, can be restricted to certain jobs, and cannot be abused since seeing through walls can be turned off