SCP-999 Cognition Test

Schölinger

Clearance Level: 2

List of Personnel involved in testing: Junior Researcher Click participated in the experiment.

Level D personnel involved: None.

SCP: 999

Errors and/or safety hazards: This test will be performed in a controlled environment. SCP-999 is only to be exposed to depictions of intended stimuli, and is under no circumstance to be put in a stressful situation or otherwise a situation that may pose risk to its wellbeing.

Question: What are the limits of SCP-999's thought processes? What symbols, expressions, and emotions can it recognize?

Background Research: SCP-999 displays dog-like behaviors. It has been shown to come to the aid of those who are perceived in need, which may suggest higher cognitive abilities.

Hypothesis: I hypothesize that SCP-999 will actively recognize expressions and emotions, but will fall short at language and symbols.

Observation/Visual Stimuli(Photos/videos): 

Analysis and Conclusion: SCP-999 demonstrated a complex understanding of the English language, body expressions and emotions. This suggests that SCP-999 has a higher cognitive ability than previously thought, being more like a human child than a dog. This should contribute towards the Foundation's treatment of SCP-999 as more of an equal, and helps us reach a stronger understanding of how SCP-999 thinks and behaves. 

Do your results align with your hypothesis?: My hypothesis was not entirely correct. My previous assumption was that SCP-999 would not prove capable of understanding letters or language beyond what it hears every day. This was quickly proven wrong as it replicated the word "lung" within its body, showing it has a capability of reading and recognizing letters on a basic level.

Current: Goofball

Former: RnD Delta Command, Foundation Doctor, RFA Agent, RRH Analyst

1 minute ago, SS1 said:

Nice 999 test, liked how you recorded it but try to get the game audio next time. Good grammar throughout, and a great job overall. 8/10.

Game audio seems to stop working at random with OBS. I'll perform test-runs in the future to make sure the audio is coming through.

Current: Goofball

Former: RnD Delta Command, Foundation Doctor, RFA Agent, RRH Analyst