Increasing the run speed of Melee users - Denied

Gunther

What you want to see? - I would like to see the run speed of a person who is using a melee weapon to be increased by 5-15%.

Why should we add it? - For realistic purposes. If someone is running with a gun, like a shotgun or an AR, they should not be faster, or the same speed as someone running with just their fists, or a knife. Over a month ago, I played as 035 and was chasing a Gensec Sniper down with my SWEP out, and his sniper, but due to our run speeds, I couldn't catch up to him, and I died. This example is one reason why it makes no sense how a person with nothing on them, is the same speed as someone who is wearing armor, a helmet, and carrying around a 20 pound weapon. Another example, is when I was a D-Class, and I ran from the Research line to the middle barricade, due to my run speed, and how it feels like I'm in a light jog, I ran out of health before I could make even that far, and there was only 2 other GENSEC on.

What are the advantages of having this? - Melee users are slightly faster than people with guns, to the point where you can easily catch up to them. And due to the unreliable hit detection, increasing the run speed of melee users would make up for some of that.

Who is it mainly for? - ANYONE WHO USES A MELEE WEAPON

Links to any content - 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

- Support

While this sounds good, as someone who plays MTF and Security a lot, if any D-class, SCP, or minging people start running with melee out. No one would be able to catch them. You'd have the same problem with no one doing damage to them. 

/ Security Captain Monroe / Retired SCP-RP Senior Moderator Monroe /

Hey! It's your local SCP nerd. Used to write a few articles and do meme writings every once in a while. Message me if you want server, grammar, writing, or interpreting help! Also more than open to becoming friends with the community! [ color=Name/Hex]You're Welcome[/color]

1 hour ago, The Diddler said:

- Support

While this sounds good, as someone who plays MTF and Security a lot, if any D-class, SCP, or minging people start running with melee out. No one would be able to catch them. You'd have the same problem with no one doing damage to them. 

Thats what staff is there for

+/- Support

+encourages different evasion styles other that back pedaling

-makes a pay to win environment for MTF/Gensec players

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

+ Support 

Melee with its low odds of actually landing a hit needs some sort of balance to allow more opportunities to actually do damage. Guns do have mobility penalties but melee does as well for some reason. I could understand a FOOLBAR would slow you down, but a hatchet and or knife/fists shouldn't make you move any slower if anything faster due to your intent to get up close.

Founder of Reznov

17 hours ago, BadAimSam said:

Thats what staff is there for

+/- Support

+encourages different evasion styles other that back pedaling

-makes a pay to win environment for MTF/Gensec players

This I'm going to have to disagree with. The areas of the facility are often so narrow that backpedaling is often the only viable method of evasion. Combine that with a bunch doors that we routinely close and faster speed once again breaks the dynamic. 

-Support

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

46 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

This I'm going to have to disagree with. The areas of the facility are often so narrow that backpedaling is often the only viable method of evasion. Combine that with a bunch doors that we routinely close and faster speed once again breaks the dynamic. 

-Support

But thats the point, trying to avoid a person with a knife should be difficult, cause they have are carrying a 5 pound weapon, they shouldn't have the speed of a someone doing a light jog. Also, even with the narrow hallways, that would make it easier on the gunners side.

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

21 hours ago, Gunther said:

But thats the point, trying to avoid a person with a knife should be difficult, cause they have are carrying a 5 pound weapon, they shouldn't have the speed of a someone doing a light jog. Also, even with the narrow hallways, that would make it easier on the gunners side.

Ok and why would a person with a knife bum rush a guy firing bullets at him? If we want to get into realism the person would the knife should be FearRP running the hell away from the gunner for fear of an instantaneously fatal headshot

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

5 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Ok and why would a person with a knife bum rush a guy firing bullets at him? If we want to get into realism the person would the knife should be FearRP running the hell away from the gunner for fear of an instantaneously fatal headshot

These are Death Row inmates, they are desperate. They really have nothing to live for, so any crack at freedom they will take, even if means a gun is firing past their heads. In other words, its 'I try to escape or I die trying.'

Edited by Gunther

200.gif

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

These are Death Row inmates, they are desperate. They really have nothing to live for, so any crack at freedom they will take, even if means a gun is firing past their heads. In other words, its 'I try to escape or I die trying.'

Mandatory amnestics are given to all incoming Class D personnel and they are amnesticized or terminated the end of every month, the DONT know

Also, it would make sense that MTF that would be in peak physical condition and be faster than a Class D, even with gear on, hell, cops IRL are faster that most criminals they chase

-support